Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
ErrorTrap logs are stored inside the usual of your Sims 3 folder in Documents. You can open it with notepad (notepad++ is recommended). If you have no clue what caused an error to one specific sim prior to the log, you can post it to official Nraas site and the techie guys out there should be able to help you.

I did post the logs On EA answers earlier (as I had a thread going) and got told that the first and the last error logs were "correction logs" that Error Trap creates while working. The 2:nd one was about a sim who got stuck (most have been stuck "hard" as he did get a error log and the other stuck sims just got a message in game). But I have to troubleshot the crash now.
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you came back to Sims 3 from playing Sims 4, you may not remember that Sims 3 will never perform like Sims 4. Sims 4 is a single lot dollhouse game like Sims 2, not a world simulator. So Sims 3 will never perform as smooth as Sims 4.

a bit off topic but I haven't touched the Sims 4 since pronoun patch. I think I'm going to stick with the Sims 3 for a little longer. the game can be a little lag and glitchy at random times but hey, as long as I'm having fun, it's no longer matter.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 3:33 PM Last edited by igazor : 30th Dec 2022 at 5:06 PM.
IP is really a (sh-something) world.

Hey, it was the best the poor world developers could do with limited time, and knowing they would be out of a job upon release of the post-IP patch since it was the 10th of 11. By then we all pretty much knew that TS3 development was just about over.

My favorite example of idontcareimouttahere remains the naughty Simlish words embedded in Roaring Heights (wasn't that the last store world released?) clearly placed there on purpose by some world designer who then would have nothing left to do but clear out their desk and had no "forks" left to give.

One thing is for certain, though. Isla Paradiso can be made playable but it remains the absolute worst world to test for game performance. With a bunch of time and fixes applied, I find it works well as a Traveler mod vacation world, more or less. Bridgeport wins the 2nd prize for being difficult to work with.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:06 PM
I tried IP for a while this year. Even with the fixed version, it still didn't run well after a while.

In the past, when I felt like the tropics, I played with this: http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_SimLauIsles.html
With some minor modifications, it plays well and has everything the expansion provides.

You could add even the IP families put together here: https://app.box.com/s/e6igicu8ucq0rrrpboxq
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:34 PM
Yeah but ITF was so much better, so much more stable and just freaking awesome.

Meh. I do like the dream pods, though.

But the EPs weren't developed linearly, one at a time. ITF was being done up by a different team while IP was being released and pushed to market ready or not, or so we have to believe.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
My favorite example remains the naughty Simlish words embedded in Roaring Heights (wasn't that the last store world released?) clearly placed there on purpose by some world designer who then would have nothing left to do but clear out their desk and had no "forks" left to give.

Now I need more info- I've never played that world!
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 5:45 PM
Hello.

I do not think I can answer you individually so I try to make a general answer.

First I want to say that I did indeed test play the game today. For the computer it was a "cold start", meaning that it have been turned off for several hours. The cooling should not be a problem as the case have enough air inside and hot air also can leave the case without problem. Anyway, I did open the IP world and I had the sound back. All sounds, from the small background sounds to the clicking of the pie menus. So that was one good thing. I did play for one sim day, having my sim going to work (military - rabbit hole) and lifeguard. No problems.

I then switched over to Sunset Valley and played an old save for one sim day. The game did run good or at least decent for the task the game was up to. It's a family of three and the have four pets, the biggest being a horse. The world is full of sims, traffic and wild animals of every size. But It were kind of smooth (could be better if I had tweaked it with the Nraas mods). The comparison is not in any way fair but I would say that the worlds did run equally good.

During my "visit" in the S-V world a small cat and a single sim got stuck and needed reset. A good result. In the I-P world I get spammed with stuck sims 24-7. And it's always the same sims! So my theory is that some of the pre-mades are broken. It's mostly members of the Arias and the Alto family that get stuck but there are others as well. Check the pics.

The family is just standing there. Gabrielle and Ruben got stuck, Mylee not.
(They get stuck everywhere).

This is a common sight at the island. I'm sure this causes lag.

This is the same location as above. The girl is digging some non existing music at a non existing Sim festival.
Then she got stuck here and needed help. Only three people was inside. In Starlight Shore this location works.

I have never had houseboats ripped from their foundations like that. And for now they seems to stay still. So maybe the mod helped after all...

But when we talking about tweaking the game one thing does come to my mind: Zombies! Not only are they annoying as can be, they must cause lag as well. I did find a guide to remove them but it only seems to remove the zombiefied sims for a short time. But maybe it helps with game performance at full moon.

"When zombies are on your lot, use this cheat to remove them temporarily (for the current full moon). 

Press Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheat console.
Type in “testingcheatsenabled true” without the quotes. Press enter. 
Shift + Click on the mailbox. 
Choose Supernatural Population Control > Remove Supernatural Sims from the World > ZOMBIES!!!

This cures ALL zombies in your world at once. It’s a quick and easy solution if you just want the zombies gone NOW".

(Source: https://pleasantsims.com/keep-zombies-out-garden/ ).

At last I want to add this to explain what I meant by turning back to Sims 4. I don't know how the game perform with lots and lots of worlds, expansions CC and so on but I do know that my small install does run quite smooth. No, it's not a 1 to 1 comparison, it's not possible. But it's far more fun to play a "dollhouse" game that runs smoothly then a giant, open world game that struggles for nothing. Remember, Sims 3 IP came out in 2013. How high-end were the computers back then? Does the EP even run on a 2013's computer? My computer is far better then that so it should, at least in theory, run well but it does not...
Instructor
#36 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 6:52 PM
there's a mod that turns off zombies on the full moon;
https://modthesims.info/d/665024/no...file-style.html

sims clapping at empty show stage is probably there's no pre-made performance sims in Isla Paradiso (unlike Starlight Shores) so it's pretty much useless placing show venue lots in the island. you can disable Maxis' buggy auto place lots with this mod;
https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...ral-or-seasons/

Twallan mods usually repairs sims walking on water though I'm not sure which one, GoHere, Overwatch, ErrorTrap?

sims keep standing in front of the venue's front door is probably the lot's fault. bulldoze it if it keeps causing lag in your game.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 10:30 PM
The "zombie mod" looks interesting but do I need the Returner Mod as well for it to work? Or do I misunderstand the description?

I think I should ask at the Nraas forum about the "walking on water" thing. It must cause lag on some level...

OK, I did not know that all worlds have pre-made performance sims. I better bulldoze the lot then. I do think there is one or maybe two more show venues on the islands. And I'm also sure that I did place them there But please excuse me for being a little skeptical of the lot itself being cause of sims getting stuck outside. I did add a pic in the "Bloopers & funny sim pics" thread where my sim do a snow angle outside the arena . While doing so she had at least two more sims standing behind her and the door. No problem. Gabrielle Arias stood there all by herself and had a routing problem. And she do get stuck everywhere she is. (I think I should move them out just to check what happens).
Instructor
#38 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 11:41 PM
you do not need retuner to make the no zombies mod work.

Instructor
#40 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonynh0
@Legacy, could you help me with an issue? I'm getting error 0xc0000005 when starting the game (bypassed the EA launcher, of course) for almost 2 weeks. I've uninstalled, reinstalled thousands times, cleaned the registry entries after uninstall, checked the notebook under Microsoft instructions, all drivers are uptodate... I could play 1 day after 2 weeks; (Dec, 28) - but yesterday when I tried to load the game again, the issue came back. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall all again. I think there's an error with the Base Game (what is the worst thing could happen - because if I uninstall it I have to uninstall all expansions I have to reinstall it...)

not to sound rude but I would suggest you create your own thread and post the log. but since you mentioned bypass EA launcher, meaning you installed the game with 1.69 patch, and I'm not sure I could help since my game is 1.67.

Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 10:13 AM
nitromon:

I did read your post again and begin to think that maybe houseboats are a bigger problem that I thought. Oh well, there are some empty houses in the world so I can move out the sims and delete them. I do not have time to play today but I will look into this later on.
Instructor
#42 Old 1st Jan 2023 at 10:04 AM
There is a mod to keep inactives from moving the houseboats which seems to help, also you have this mod in specifically the Bicycle on that rids of the bicycle bell sound https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...ed-june-9-2012/ it can cause lag and crashes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 3:31 PM

You can evict the families from those houseboats, then save the houseboat into the house bin. Delete the houseboat, need to do it twice to completely remove it. Then ... try to find the port it was assigned to. Click it and set the port to 0 houseboat and the foundation will be removed as well. Only the correct port will allow you to do this, all the other ones will say "cannot set houseboat b/c family is living on it."

Here's a fun part, when you save the houseboat into the bin.... it doesn't come with a houseboat foundation! It saves it as a lot. So you can actually place this lot in a regular empty lot on land!!! weird!!! But once you place it on a houseboat lot, it will generate a new foundation.

I did post a thread on Nraas.net about the "walk on water" problem and was told that broken sims (in any world) can route strangely like that. I was also told to delete some houseboats and I did look into that today. I did try to delete three of them just to try (I did move the sims into regular houses first). Yes, I needed two attempts as the foundations still remains after bulldozing the house. But then the game told me that I needed a cheat to edit the port and I don't know what cheat that is. I want to set the port to not being used.

I did download this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/665024/no...file-style.html and dropped the package file into the mods folder. It did not help though so I must have done something wrong... I still had zombies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 3:57 PM
The only time I saw "walk on water" is a glitch with the "NPC can use subway" mod. They ended up walking from 1 station to the other through water and terrain. It's not a bad glitch, so I ignored it.

But household issue, you only need the mod that mentioned above to prevent it from moving autonomously. The lag comes from when a houseboat moves from one port to another, even just 1 houseboat will lag. Sims do get stuck on houseboats though, often b/c for some reason changing clothes is lagged on houseboats. Perhaps remove "all" of them will help, I do not know. To remove the port you require "enablelotlocking true" cheat.

However, the main lag issue in IP is the fact there are a lot of water and people are on islands. Even if they are going from 1 part of the large island to another, sometimes they would prefer to go by water instead of the road. This constantly routing decision and switching from sim to boat to sim to taxi, etc... is what is causing a lot of the lags for IP. This cannot be fixed as far as I know as it is part of the whole system setup.

Do not play IP as a homeworld. For such island worlds, it will only be tolerable if it is half the size and half the population.

OK, I will try the cheat out. No, I have been told that I should not play the IP world as a homeworld. I accept that statement but by now my sim have started to know a lot of NPC's that I find interesting. Moving them all will be possible but a larger project. I try to make the best of it and if it turns out "ugly" I am to blame. But thank you all for your input.
Instructor
#46 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 4:13 AM
The horses taking the water taxis, while amusing causes lag also.
Page 2 of 2