Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 2:35 PM
Okay, so my first family didn't work out too well, right? So I went on a different neighborhood, and started a new one. His name is Keiron Fisher (Stuck on that last name) and here he is:

First fish +50
Each Simoleon +202
Fishing talent badge +550
Boot -10
Fisherman +200
Social bunny -600
Adopt a stray +100

Total: 542

I haven't got around to getting him a girlfriend yet. I'm looking for a wealthy woman...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:15 PM
Worked a little harder on the challenge, and here he is! Keiron got a wife, and is now expecting a little guy/gal!

"Magoyo"

Her name is now Sunny Fisher!

First fish +50
Each Simoleon +1321
Fishing talent badge +550
Boot -10
Fisherman +200
Social bunny -600
Adopt a stray +100
Marriage +5000

Total: 6661
#28 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 9:06 PM
So, I've been doing this challenge for about a sim week and half, and my sim got the genie! Now, is he allowed to wish for anything? Or is wishing for wealth not allowed?
Also, if my sim gets "Free samples" (AL) can he sell them?
And what about writing/selling novels?

Basically, is fishing to be their only source of wealth?
Scholar
#29 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 9:28 PM
Default more miguel... again!
So,
Wow, a lot has been going on, but, I some reason haven't been taking snapshots!
So, I'll just explain.

After miguel was left w/ the twins, he had a rough time. It took about 2 days for him to get a full nights rest once they turned to tots. Everyone was stinky b/c he couldn't afford a tub. All three were also about to die of hunger b/c he was too tired and stinky to cook, so, I had to max motives them (i know.. bad!) But, it saved them, really. Needless to say, the toddlers didn't learn ANYTHING, because Miguel spent his entire time trying to stay awake and alive, so, Elizabeth and Michael grew up as "dipper fillers" ... which is bad.

That's a pic of them b/4 I made them over (changed hair)

Miguel then got turned back around after the twins were able to take care of themselves, and he was able to eventually buy a tub.
He then met that crazy old lady w/ the graveyard's neice, Ophielia or something is the neices name, and, he fell in love ( I am just killing the freaking Smith family! First I break up the parents, and now I stole poor Johnny's girl!) But, she is now adult , and pregnant with their child.... I didn't ententially mean for him to fall in love with her, but, she was all that came around, so, I took it and ran with it! They soon got married.

I made her all pretty in my game now, mainly changing her hair to a nice black custom peggy hair (some really pretty braids w/ bangs) .. I'll show the two of them together and updated next go around!

I also was able to expand their home, but, I seem to not be able to find the picture I thought I took of it... oh well, again, next go around I might have a picture!

But, anyway, I am just about finished with this challenge... ok, only half way, but, yeaH! But, it is super fun, and I love this family to death! If you wanna get to know your sims better . .. . deprive them of jobs, money, and phones!!!

7413 last time
-7000 for maxmotives
+5000 for marriage
+500 cash

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
#30 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 10:43 PM
Default Elspeth Update
Elspeth has finally met the man of her dreams, Lachlann Doyle. They are friends already, and I am working on getting them to marry. Despite trying to adopt a pet, all the strays around there have not taken to her yet. It is winter, so no fishing and no treasure hunting. She pretty much is living on what little food is left in the fridge, which I am trying to use sparingly. I have added to her house to make it bigger, but it still is not very nice. It will do though. Lachlann spent the night and then the next day the social bunny visited her. A couple days later, Lachlann moved in, bringing $10, 000 with him. I used most of it to upgrade the house, including getting a bigger bed (So they can get to work making babies). That night they were engaged and then married.

Elspeth meeting Lachlann.

Previous day(s) total +6,140 points
Boot -10
Another fire while cooking spaghetti -500
Social bunny -600
Marriage +5,000
4,525 Simoleons +4,525

[Edit] Question, can I use the toddler mirror hack when they have children. I just want to change the hair style. Also, may I use the boolprop cheat for a second, to buy all the custom toddler clothes I have? I will turn it right off after wards.
Scholar
#31 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:37 PM
Default Miguel Again... :)
Heres whats new

An update on the twins first:

And Miguel has became quite the maid while his wife was pregnant:

And, introducing Miguels 3rd child, a baby boy named Skyler!

I was hoping that he wouldn't have resembled his daddy so much, but, it's looking like he will

After Skyler's birth, Miguel and Ophelia have been able to settle down a tad, but, they'll be on the edge of their seats soon again, as soon as Skyler reaches toddler

And as promised, their home: (still lacking landscape)

Welp, that is pretty much the updates for now... I hope I can finish this thing before heading back to school Tuesday

5913 last time
+ 1000 for baby Skyler
+386 for cash
_________
7299 total

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 5:02 AM
Another question, do the points relating to fishing count only for the fisherman / woman? Or can it count for the spouse too? Does age transition count for the spouse and children?

Elspeth and Lachlann got pregnant on their first try. Her pregnancy was pretty easy, she only got sick once. Couple days later, their son, Ciarán, was born. He is now an active toddler. And even with being busy with the new baby, Elspeth and Lachlann wasted no time trying for another baby, and succeeded. Their daughter, Aoife was born.

Proud daddy with baby Ciarán.

Lachlann with Ciarán.

Pregnant Elspeth with Ciarán.

Ciarán in his crib.

Elspeth pregnant with Aoife.

Toddler Ciarán.

Ciarán playing with fireflys.

Toddler Ciarán dozing.

Elspeth with newborn daughter, Aoife.

Previous day(s) total +14,555
Elspeth sprayed by a skunk -500
Lachlann caught a boot -10
Elspeth started a fire -500 (Elspeth needs to stop cooking it seems)
Elspeth got a Silver fishing badge +550
Baby Ciarán +1000
Ciarán aged to a toddler +70
Elspeth passing out in her food -500
Baby Aoife +1000
Lachlann's first fish +50
979 Simoleons +979

Note: I went ahead and used the mirror to change Ciarán's hair, then deleted it. I hope that is ok. And since I was not sure if I could use boolprop to get clothes, I had Lachlann go shopping for a couple outfits. I did download a home clothes shopping hack which is an item, and I was wondering if I could use that instead of resorting to boolprop?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _OnTheRocks_
So, I've been doing this challenge for about a sim week and half, and my sim got the genie! Now, is he allowed to wish for anything? Or is wishing for wealth not allowed?
Also, if my sim gets "Free samples" (AL) can he sell them?
And what about writing/selling novels?

Basically, is fishing to be their only source of wealth?

Yes, he is allowed to wish for anything- even weath. Thanks for bringing that up, nearly forgot about it!

Yes you can write novels and sell them but- you cannot sell free samples or mr humble's computer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 7:32 AM
OKay, here's some questions answered:

If you use cheats to fix the game it doesn't count as a cheat.

All of the family count for the points, so like if a kid catches his first fish, it's another first fish point, and same with spouses & stuff
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 7:37 AM
Thank you for the answers.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nadsy01
OKay, here's some questions answered:

If you use cheats to fix the game it doesn't count as a cheat.

All of the family count for the points, so like if a kid catches his first fish, it's another first fish point, and same with spouses & stuff

Looks like I forgot a few "first fish" points. *snickers* I'm gonna go do the challenge again, we'll see if I can beat my previous score.
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 4:21 AM
Damn. My game is over. Elspeth aged with only two children. Her boy toy has fifteen days left, though. =(

Previous day score +16,144
Third child -1000
Fourth child -1000
Grandchild -1000
Elspeth age transition to an elder +70
Ciarán age transition to a child +70
Aoife age transition to a toddler +70
Aoife age transition to a child +70
$144 Simoleons +144

Total: 13,568 points
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 8:04 AM
First day - Tito Sonora
Quote:
Yes you can write novels and sell them but- you cannot sell free samples or mr humble's computer

Ah okay, 'cause I was gonna ask similarly since I don't have Bon Voyage and can't go hunting for treasure (man that's such a cool thing though). So we could sell artsy stuff, like aside novels, paintings perhaps?

Alright, so first day playing was just...sad. There are no other words for it Apparently, I'm rustier than a junked fifty year old car playing without any cheats...heh.

Meet
Tito Sonora

Of course, there first thing I got him doing was to fish, and awe, his visiting neighbors fished with him.

And everyone was getting fish except him.
Tito: *green with envy*
Me: *kicks Tito* c'mon now!
Tito: I'm TRYING!

I didn't have enough to get the grill, so he's been going to eat at community lots

Man, I had forgotten how much work it was to keep them moderately happy

He met one of my other simmies and danced away. Too bad he's already married, hee.

Apparently it's not a good idea to get him to on that twirly thing when he's about to pass out, hee

Yep...really rusty... >_<

Mr. Stinky Fisherman

I don't know what it is about him, but strays litter the place. At least he made a friend of one of them, and adopted him.

Awe. It's actually funny that the dog is in a constant better mood than he is. Poor Tito, heh.

Not all strays are very nice though. Moonshine scratched the hell out of his only bed. Nice kitteh! *not*

So yeah, like I said, not a good start. I need to find him a girl, it doesn't help that he's so picky Also, for some reason or another, my game crashed three times! And it was always while in a community lot in downtown, and I have no idea why it could be doing it. So frustrating.

First day

Pond +50
First fish +50
Fisherman +200
Bronze Badge +550
Adopt a stray +100
Simoleons +283
Boot (x7) -70
Passing out out -500

Total= 683 points.

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Scholar
#39 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 2:14 PM
Default Miguel
Ok, so, first off, bunches have happened, and, I realized that I have forgotten to add A LOT of points along the way, such as age transitions.

But, mainly what is important is that Miguel has 3 days left as adult, his kids don't have kids yet, but, he does have 5 kids (in the pic below Ophelia is still pregnant w/ it, but, in game she, Jenna, has been born) So, if the kid were suppose to have a kid before Miguel turned elder, than, I guess I lost this challenge. But, just an out of date family shot for ya .... As, the toddler on the floor is now a child, and, the unborn baby is now born:

[after i finish this challenge, I plan on playing this family till they all die; with custom furnishings though!]

7299 last time
+550 Gold Talent Badge (Miguel)
+1000 Baby Nathen
+1000 Baby Jenna
+11 dollars
+210 Age Transitions for Michael
+210 Age Transitions for Elizabeth
+140 Age Transitions for Skyler
+140 Age Transitions for Nathan
+70 Age Transition for Ophelia (she was teen when she moved in)
+50 for Ophelia's first fish
-500 for Miguels Heat Stroke

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 7:38 PM
actually the kid can have a kid whenever he/she wants
Scholar
#41 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 1:57 PM
Well, not much of an update from the last. About all I did yesterday was have the kids have b-day, and get Miguel to get Ophelia pregnant one last time, as, he turns elder in like 1 or 2 sim days now.... I'll have to add points next time, as, I don't even remember anything significant happening :-)
So, just to updated family pics .... the next I show'll have 6 kids and Miguel will be elder ..... so sad

#42 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:59 PM
I think I might try this =) It looks fairly interesting and kinda makes me think of the poverty challenge (one of my favorite challenges) but with slightly more money. And more fish. 8D
I'll try this out as soon as I get home (at school right now) =) And if I ever figure out how to take pictures other than using the Print Screen button on my laptop, I'll post a few.
#43 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 3:23 PM
CrazyReporterNinja: In game you hit c, to take pictures. It will put them in your Sims 2 folder, under Storytelling.

I am debating whether or not to try this challenge again.
#44 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 8:18 PM
Usagimune- I already knew that one. What I don't know is how to put them in my photobucket. Everytime I try, it only shows my most recent picture for me to click on and put in, and not all the others. o3o
Forum Resident
#45 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:01 AM
You look in the "neighborhood" folder and then in "storytelling." Make sure to find the pictures in the top half of the folder which are screenshots as opposed to those at the bottom half which are the thumbnails in your storybook. For example N001 is Pleasantview and N002 is Strangetown. Sometimes the pictures will go directly into the main "storytelling" folder rather than the neighborhood one, so you can look there if you don't find them in the right neighborhood folder.
#46 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:57 AM
Thanks for the help! =)
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:29 PM
Ive been playing this challenge for a couple of days- when I can that is. Really having a fun time as this was not at all easy until my guy, Braiden Fisher, dug up a treasure chest. Now its a little easier because he at least has a roof over his head, allbeit a very small one! I'll try to grab a photo next time I go in. Thus far Braiden's score:

Pond +50
Fisherman +200
First fish +100
Boot -30
Simoleons +679
Bronze badge +550

= 1549 so far
#48 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:56 PM
I love this challenge! So far:
Marriage = + 5000
Pond = + 50
Boot = -50
First Fish= + 50
Simoleons= + 3450
2 talent bages= +1100
Passing Out= -500

= 9100?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:38 PM
Yay! So glad everyone's enjoying my challenge!
OK, I forgot to add, you are allowed cheesecake twins.
Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:19 AM
Tito Sonora - Second Day
This week as been god awful hectic! I haven't been able to play at all nor update my previous game. So even if I haven't been able to play, I'm updating with my last game.

Considering he's such a bad fisher (boots love him, I swear), I decided to sit him down and get to write a novel (I had forgotten how long that took!)

He finally sold it, but considering he didn't have any points in the creative field, it didn't bank much, but it helped at least to get him a decent bed (It's a cook book btw: 101 Ways to Cook fish )

The next thing I know, he genie lamp appears on the lot, and having read before that it was okay, of course the first wish was for wealth (he was doing really bad money wise)

I don't remember the exact amount now, but it was was enough to get him a mini fridge and some other accessories for the second pet he adopted.

Moonshine! That rascal little kitty

Not that much later he met Nae, a local Townie and finally, sparks flew! In no time they were getting engaged.

He's finally doing good (he's a family sim, so he almost went nutty there for a sec).

Best part about Nae? She's a MUCH better fisher than Tito...yay! :D

Not too long after, there came a popping sound and bump in her tummy! They married right before she had the baby.

It's a boy! Meet baby boy Tomas, awe, he's cute.

Remember the bit about strays loving him? Yeah, apparently so do Wolves

Yeah, they really love him... :P

And I need to figure out how this happened... :/

I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, 'cause this time it went a lot better. (finally )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Day
(my time)

Silver Badge +550
Adopt a Stray +100
Gold Badge +550
First Fish (Nae) +50
Top Hobby Enthusiasm +10
Marriage +5000
First Born +1000
Werewolf +2000
Simmoleons +9352
Boot x3 -30

Total: 19,255 points

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Page 2 of 3