Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 2:06 AM Last edited by LazyDuchess : 4th Nov 2020 at 4:51 AM.
Default Working with the SimPe source code.
Hello.
The past few days I've been trying to get the SimPE source code to compile but no dice, I'm looking to make a plugin, I know how to code in C# no problem, but I'm having a really hard time setting up SimPe.
I got the source code from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpe/ and cloned it to my computer via TortoiseSVN, then I tried compiling the SimPe, Everything, Example Plugin, etc. solutions with both Visual C# Express 2005 which is the one it told me to use in the readme and with the latest Visual Studio but both just complain about missing .dlls. The pjse plugins also seem to be missing.
I hope anyone that knows how to get the code up and running could give me some pointers because as it is right now I'm super stuck, thanks in advance!

Edit: After pasting my SimPE install into the _Debug and _Release folders these missing dll errors don't pop up anymore, which is good, but I'm not sure if it's what I should be doing. Now it just complains about the Boolset type not existing, and indeed, a few Boolset variables are declared but the actual type is not defined anywhere.

Edit 2: Well, after further digging using ILSpy, it turns out that Boolset is defined in pjse.SystemClasses.dll, and you manually have to add a reference to it in each project inside of SimPE that utilizes it. Oh well, I hope this is useful to someone, it really feels like there's an easier way that I just completely missed though. Any input from someone that knows how this is all set up is still welcome.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Perhaps try with the version Chris Hatch has modified?
https://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/

Thank you, didn't know this version existed! It suffers from the same issues, which leads me to believe that maybe it was intended this way after all. Well at least we know now.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 10:59 PM
I haven't been able to get the source for any of the PJSE (Peter Jones' Simantics Editor), the source I uploaded didn't include the Example Plugin so I just uploaded it separately for now. Place it into the __NonCore folder and you should be able to build it as is. Obviously you need to rename and turn it into something useful but as is it will show up and work in SimPE after being built and placed into SimPE's Plugins folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I haven't been able to get the source for any of the PJSE (Peter Jones' Simantics Editor), the source I uploaded didn't include the Example Plugin so I just uploaded it separately for now. Place it into the __NonCore folder and you should be able to build it as is. Obviously you need to rename and turn it into something useful but as is it will show up and work in SimPE after being built and placed into SimPE's Plugins folder.

Thank you!