Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:10 AM
Default Modded Helmet clone not sitting on sim's head
Hello!!
I edited this mesh by Bloom by simply removing the visor. The only issue is now the helmet floats above my sims' heads when they "put it on", no matter the age group. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong and if I'm actually missing something important? I've attached my files as a .rar.
Thanks!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SkatingHelmet.rar (73.0 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:08 PM
Your mesh needs to be assigned to the joints and have the proper comments to work. You also need to export the mesh from SimPE and then export/import it back again from Milkshape as "Sims 2 Unimesh" (the same format as clothes/CAS items), or the joints andn comments won't transfer.

The entire helmet has to be assigned to "Joint@02h" and the mesh needs to have these comments for the "amhappyhelmet_helmet" group (same as Bloom's original).

ModelName: amhappyhelmet_helmet
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Your mesh needs to be assigned to the joints and have the proper comments to work. You also need to export the mesh from SimPE and then export/import it back again from Milkshape as "Sims 2 Unimesh" (the same format as clothes/CAS items), or the joints andn comments won't transfer.

The entire helmet has to be assigned to "Joint@02h" and the mesh needs to have these comments for the "amhappyhelmet_helmet" group (same as Bloom's original).

ModelName: amhappyhelmet_helmet
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 2

I see!! I appreciate your comment. I was able to do the import and export, then change the comments...but when I imported both the bald head and the head and tried to assign my mesh to Joint@02h, I didn't see that as an option at all. Is there something I'm missing?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:00 PM
Yours probably doesn't have a skeleton present in the file any longer.

If the only change you did was to remove the visor, you can import Bloom's mesh into Milkshape, remove the visor again, and then export and import with Unimesh. It's the easiest way unless you've done other edits to the mesh you want to keep.

(There's another way, but it involves more steps, and it's easy to mess up the file - so unless you've done other edits you want to keep, stick to what's easiest)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:36 PM
Yours probably doesn't have a skeleton present in the file any longer.

If the only change you did was to remove the visor, you can import Bloom's mesh into Milkshape, remove the visor again, and then export and import with Unimesh. It's the easiest way unless you've done other edits to the mesh you want to keep.

(There's another way, but it involves more steps, and it's easy to mess up the file - so unless you've done other edits you want to keep, stick to what's easiest)

I may have to do the alternative way! I tried what you suggested, and I have what seems to be every joint in the dropdown menu except this one. And when I manually try to put it in, Milkshape crashes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:50 PM
If you export Bloom's original as Unimesh, it comes already properly assigned (right-click the GMDC in SimPE, and click Export - don't use the OBJ import because you don't get the skeleton that way).

If you tick the "Draw vertices with bone colors" option, the vertices/faces on the helmet should turn blue if they've been assigned to "Joint@02h". There should be only five joints to choose from (00 to 04).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 9:37 PM
If you export Bloom's original as Unimesh, it comes already properly assigned (right-click the GMDC in SimPE, and click Export - don't use the OBJ import because you don't get the skeleton that way).

If you tick the "Draw vertices with bone colors" option, the vertices/faces on the helmet should turn blue if they've been assigned to "Joint@02h". There should be only five joints to choose from (00 to 04).

Ahhh, I see!! I was exporting it out of SimPE incorrectly. I got it to work perfectly!! Thank you so much for your help; you're awesome!