Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:15 AM Last edited by mingos : 19th Apr 2022 at 1:28 AM.
Default Devlog - Unamed Reproductive Health Project
hello there,

This will be a devlog thread where I will share updates on an unnamed mod project: a Sims 3-based combo of TurboDriver’s Wonderful Whims and Lumpinous’ Woohoo Wellness.

In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions on this post and I will answer them when I can.

Here are some of the screenshots I have from testing:

later.
-mingos
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 2:47 PM
I saw the pictures you posted of this mod and great job on what you have done on it so far!

What types of birth control will be available in this mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magdalenepoet
I saw the pictures you posted of this mod and great job on what you have done on it so far!

What types of birth control will be available in this mod?

Thank you for your feedback.

At launch, the mod will have birth control pills, condoms, and an abortion pill (a rehash of a previous mod I made). Also, there will be support for hospital sterilization, be it tubal ligation or a vasectomy.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 7:40 PM
You're welcome, glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing the details about what birth control methods will be in the mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2022 at 12:46 AM
hello there,

I worked on alot for April.

Here’s the rundown:

- Added “Take a Pregnancy Test” to the toilets
--- Essentially, while a pregnancy test was in a sim’s inventory, they would be able to test if they’re pregnant or not while using the toilet.

- fertility changes as the menstrual cycle progress
--- In real life, fertility changes as the menstrual cycle progress. As such, I added it in. The way it would work would be as a pregnancy chance variable. The higher it is, the greater the likelihood of getting pregnant. In the future, fertility can be lowered by taking birth control pills.

- Currently these only pop up as strings, (e.g.,”The fetus moved”), for now.
--- Miscarriages would work as a rare situation, as in real life. Initially, it would pop up as a warning moodlet and the sim would be prompted to go to the hospital. If the sim goes to the hospital within a timeframe, the mod would roll a chance of pregnancy loss or continuing the pregnancy. If pregnancy loss occurs, the sim would lose the pregnancy and get depressed for several days afterwards, depending on their traits. They would also have a memory and a fear of getting pregnant again if they ever attempt to do so.
--- For the fetal movement, on the other hand, they would appear as moodlets, indicators of the fetus’ activeness and health.

- A way to detect which trimester a sim is in
--- Something I noticed from Option2 was that people would change the pregnancy times. When I designed the mod, I used the base game maximum hours of pregnancy, which I hardcoded *sigh*, as a guideline on where to put the threshold for the mod's effects. This came back to haunt me as I didn’t realize people used custom pregnancy lengths in their games. To prevent a situation like that from happening again, I decided to use math (lol) to figure out the trimesters and go from there. Doing so enabled me to not constantly change hardcoded pregnancy values throughout the codebase, which helps with refactoring and consistency. Now, I can just adjust the pregnancy lengths as I please without worrying too much about side effects and add new features based on the trimesters, such as the fetal movement starting in the second trimester and the miscarriage risk beginning in the first trimester and ending before the third trimester.

- Added in ultrasounds and abortions

- Mspoodle, a talented object creator, created menstrual, pregnancy-related, and reproductive-related objects for this mod. I am deeply grateful for her work, and I will be definitely putting her wonderful pixels to good use.
--- Her blog: [https://mspoodle1.tumblr.com/](http...le1.tumblr.com/)

later.
-mingos
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2022 at 6:30 PM
Great job on the work you have done on this mod so far!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th May 2022 at 4:42 PM
This mod looks awesome!!! I started busting out laughing at the interactions. I would totally help with testing if you need it!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2022 at 12:39 AM Last edited by mingos : 8th Jul 2022 at 3:01 AM.
hello there.

Two things with this post:
  • I added new stuff
  • I’ve included the InDev version that I'm working on for testing in this post. It will have bugs. I've included instructions and a changelog in the zip. Feel free to leave feedback when you're done testing.

Things I added to this version:

Gynecologist visits - they let you know how the pregnancy is going and offer advice on improving it

Added Option2

Added Birth Control

And the birth control actually works

And abortion adds a different moodlet depending on whether you wanted the pregnancy or not.

later.
-mingos
Screenshots
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th May 2022 at 5:41 PM
It looks so wonderful! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th May 2022 at 5:47 AM
Hey Mingos! I am having an absolute blast playing with this test version! I'm beyond glad you are bringing all these amazing features to TS3! So much drama is going down in this testing Sunset Valley save now! I could honestly go on and on about how much fun I had testing but here a couple thoughts/feedback of things that did/didn't work as expected that I hope will be helpful.
- Pregnancy: My first tester was Justine Keaton and as an already existing pregnant sim the new hospital reproductive services weren't showing up, however with my later pregnancy who had a uterus from the start of her pregnancy all the options at the hospital showed up perfectly though
Also on the note of pregnancy, I actually found it really hard to get my tester sim pregnant and couldn't because it was never the right time with the current short cycles. Are they just short for testing purposes? Personally I'd prefer a longer cycle of one-two days on period with 4-5 off. But I did manage to impregnant a random townie!
Random townie (Jamie Jolina) got to enjoy all the pregnancy buffs, from unwanted pregnancy, to hiccups and kicks. I LOVED it! Will it be possible to change the unwanted pregnancy moodlet to wanted or accepted in later versions? I did test out all the concern options, loved the father's reaction! Also at first I didn't realize the interactions went through since the sims don't actually talk to one another, and then I caught the notification, but hopefully they will go through a talking interaction later?
-While the concern does show up on the pregnant woman, it also is an option for the pregnant woman to click herself, like the concern bubble is still there when the pregnant woman is active.
- Sometimes I had the female sim reset out of bed if she 'tried for baby' while on her period.
-I think that even when removing a uterus before saving, it is still keeping track of all those women. I made sure to remove all uterus before saving, but when I came back I was still getting hourly notifications for all the female sims that had uterus from the previous save session.
-Birth control, works great! I did get one weird notification "birth control levels have reverted to 0f" but the moodlet was still present.
-Pregnancy tests worked awesome! The interaction felt a little long for my preference but I'd still use them all the time
-Miscarriage, I did get a few 'Jamie Jolina is having a miscarriage' notifications, but when I switched to make her active, she was fine, all the hospital baby interactions went good, and she had a healthy baby. I think I got this twice, in the first trimester and third.
-Post pregnancy the kicking and unwanted pregnancy notifications stayed a few hours after the birth.
Hope that feedback is helpful! You are my hero for bringing so many amazing features to sims 3 and what you've already achieved is amazing! Can't wait to see more progress in the next update :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th May 2022 at 2:23 AM Last edited by mingos : 29th May 2022 at 2:55 AM.
hello there.

I have good news and bad news:

The good news is I added the ability for everyone to feel some type of way about a pregnancy.

The bad news is that I have to redo the system since I didn't test new code additions as I went along and now the added interactions are crashing the interaction picker on some Sims. So, no new indev file until I iron out the kinks.

Also, now you can ask if someone's on Birth Control

Boring Development improvements:

- The menstrual cycle - I have to give massive props to gamefreak130 for helping get this feature running.

- The uterus can be removed and will not leave alarms when saving and reloading games - this was something I struggled with getting working as the solution was not obvious. After speaking with Lazy Duchess and observing how other mods removed new classes, I added a solution that works consistently.

- And due to the uterus deletion issue being fixed, pregnancy sentiments and uterus are available at the startup - no more having to manually add the classes.

- The addition of the pregnancy reaction class - main driver for the reactions and controls how the interactions appear on Sims.

- I’m going to start posting the Devlogs onto my Patreon since it provides a better way to post and look up the devlogs. However, I will continue posting here.

- Oh and I am working on a drug mod similar to Basemental Drugs. You’ll see a thread about it in the near future.

Credits to MissPat for the picture (and for being a thorough tester).

later.
mingos
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2022 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Criisolate
It looks so wonderful! Thank you so much!

Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2022 at 2:48 AM Last edited by mingos : 28th May 2022 at 7:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsDeoGloria
Hey Mingos! I am having an absolute blast playing with this test version! I'm beyond glad you are bringing all these amazing features to TS3! So much drama is going down in this testing Sunset Valley save now! I could honestly go on and on about how much fun I had testing but here a couple thoughts/feedback of things that did/didn't work as expected that I hope will be helpful.

1. Pregnancy: My first tester was Justine Keaton and as an already existing pregnant sim the new hospital reproductive services weren't showing up, however with my later pregnancy who had a uterus from the start of her pregnancy all the options at the hospital showed up perfectly though

2. Also on the note of pregnancy, I actually found it really hard to get my tester sim pregnant and couldn't because it was never the right time with the current short cycles. Are they just short for testing purposes?

3. Personally I'd prefer a longer cycle of one-two days on period with 4-5 off. But I did manage to impregnate a random townie!

4. Random townie (Jamie Jolina) got to enjoy all the pregnancy buffs, from unwanted pregnancy, to hiccups and kicks. I LOVED it! Will it be possible to change the unwanted pregnancy moodlet to wanted or accepted in later versions? I did test out all the concern options, and loved the father's reaction! Also at first I didn't realize the interactions went through since the sims don't actually talk to one another, and then I caught the notification, but hopefully, they will go through a talking interaction later?

5. While the concern does show up on the pregnant woman, it also is an option for the pregnant woman to click herself, like the concern bubble is still there when the pregnant woman is active.

6. Sometimes I had the female sim reset out of bed if she 'tried for baby' while on her period.

7. I think that even when removing a uterus before saving, it is still keeping track of all those women. I made sure to remove all uterus before saving, but when I came back I was still getting hourly notifications for all the female sims that had uterus from the previous save session.

8. Birth control, works great! I did get one weird notification "birth control levels have reverted to 0f" but the moodlet was still present.

9. Pregnancy tests worked awesome! The interaction felt a little long for my preference but I'd still use them all the time

10. Miscarriage, I did get a few 'Jamie Jolina is having a miscarriage' notifications, but when I switched to make her active, she was fine, all the hospital baby interactions went good, and she had a healthy baby. I think I got this twice, in the first trimester and third.

11. Post pregnancy the kicking and unwanted pregnancy notifications stayed a few hours after the birth.

Hope that feedback is helpful! You are my hero for bringing so many amazing features to sims 3 and what you've already achieved is amazing! Can't wait to see more progress in the next update :D

Thank you so much for testing and for your wonderfully descriptive feedback!

I numbered your feedback so it's easier for me to respond:

1. Noted.
2. Yep, they're short for testing purposes.
3. In the future, Cycle lengths will be user adjustable.
4. I adjusted this as I was working on it this week. A sim's feelings about having children will directly influence their feelings on their pregnancy. For example, if a sim did not want children and happened to become pregnant, then they will have an unwanted pregnancy. In the 0.0.8 version, I have it only set to only unwanted since it had more going on with it that required testing.
5. Fixed.
6. Noted.
7. Fixed.
8. Noted.
9. I adjusted the length to 20 in-game minutes since I also felt it was too long, too.
10. Noted. These notifications are harmless and are only present for testing purposes.
11. Fixed. I added a cleanup function when the pregnancy ends.

Again, thank you so much!
Scholar
#14 Old 28th May 2022 at 10:59 PM
This is amazing!
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th May 2022 at 12:03 PM
OMG, As an ultra-realistic game player I've been looking for something like this for the longest. You are truly godsent. I'm ecstatic right now, thank you so so much for working on what I can see will be another amazing mod for the sims 3. I can wait for the final release.
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:54 PM
I waiting for final release!!????????????
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lvxnera
I waiting for final release!!????????????

I'm waiting too )':

:lovestruc :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:34 AM
Well, as much as I usually hate just making "Me too" posts....

I currently don't have TS3 installed, but I'm watching this project with great interest. Keep it up!

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 5:01 AM
Wow, what you have so far looks amazing! Question; will this mod have any effects on Sims giving birth?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 10:49 PM
Well well well, this AND basemental drugs? You're doing sim god tings
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 11:52 PM
Two things:

1. I have a few more additions to add - string localization, adjustable settings, and copy-editing all the strings included in the mod - before the initial release. I saved these for last since they required more of my focus compared to the coding.

2. I release alpha builds - these have issues such as bugs, missing strings, and incomplete features - on Patreon. The final completed release will appear to the public on MTS. Subsequent updates slated for public release will appear on Patreon for a short testing and feedback period. Once this period finishes, I will release the update to the public.

Changelog

Gameplay

- Added varied male fertility

- Added condoms

- Uteruses and pregnancy sentiments are added to the game at the start. No to added them manually anymore

- Menstrual Phases can be set via the debug menu

- Removed take a pregnancy test from toilets because the restrictions for
sims with uteruses made it so that men could not use the toilets. Will
re-add when I add in the pregnancy test object in-game

- Re-added pregnancy tests at the hospitals - it does not alert the father of
partner's pregnancy

- All hospital interactions have the service price shown on the interaction
picker

- Pregnancy Sentiments can be changed and reset via debug

- Added pregnancy and menstrual cycle cleanup (lol) - I got reports that the moodlets would stay after the phase ended

- Pregnancy sentiment is decided as soon as a pregnancy is discovered

- Added both the unwanted and wanted pregnancy moodlets

- Disabled miscarriages for now

- Disabled interaction between the parents, pregnancy father, and the pregnant mother as they were causing issues with sims aged child and below interacting with sims aged teen and above

- Cleaned up the remaining interactions to align with age restrictions and interaction effects

- Removed most, if not all, debug notifications in the testing version (menstrual cycle, pregnancy-related, on got pregnant, etc.,)

later.

mingos
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by isisj12
I'm so glad someone finally thought of this and took action.
I have another mod in my game that already has some of these features and I don't want a conflict. Is there a way that you can only release the pregnancy test and period product features for those of us in the same situation? Just asking you now before it's too late.

Perhaps for the pregnancy test as it does not rely on any systems in my mod. However, for the period product features, unfortunately no - the period products rely on state changes (i.e., the menstrual cycle) caused by my mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amberjessieh
Wow, what you have so far looks amazing! Question; will this mod have any effects on Sims giving birth?

Thank you, as of right now, no I do not have any plans on birth effects.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 3:30 PM
This is the type of mod I've been searching for! May i ask if there will be modules so we can pick and choose what we want and don't?

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OhCrapItsTBGP
This is the type of mod I've been searching for! May I ask if there will be modules so we can pick and choose what we want and don't?

I have a module system planned but I am still trying to get it working correctly.
Page 1 of 2