Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:52 AM Last edited by puniglorie : 17th Jul 2022 at 5:58 PM.
Default [SOLVED] Problem with 4t2 converted stove's animation
Hello, I started to convert objects from ts4 to ts2 recently and this time a stove. I followed this tutorial by bluetexasbonnie: https://modthesims.info/t/433766 and it all turned out well except for one tiny problem: When a sim opens the oven's door, there'll be a noticeable weird gap between the stove and the door like it’s floating. I dont know what did i miss, i'm really just an amateur in creating so can someone please kindly help me with this?? Thank u!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 2:41 PM
I think that's a common issue due to the size/shape of the TS4 stoves compared to the TS2 ones - there's been a few conversions of stoves with that exact same issue. There's not too much you can do - the simplest is to just accept it as a small bug. For some items you can do a bit of remodelling so the pieces go together and the animations will work a bit better, but that isn't always an option, and may cause issues elsewhere.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:55 PM
I converted a stove that did that. The best you can do is put the converted stove's rack in the place of the sims 2 one and hope the doors line up. The sims 2 oven doors all seem to be in the same place and sims 4 ones are not. I think maxis' sims 4 ones are the only ones I haven't had this trouble with.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
I converted a stove that did that. The best you can do is put the converted stove's rack in the place of the sims 2 one and hope the doors line up. The sims 2 oven doors all seem to be in the same place and sims 4 ones are not. I think maxis' sims 4 ones are the only ones I haven't had this trouble with.

Wow it’s surprising! I lowered the rack the same height with the sims 2 one and the one i converted from is maxis’ (Its called the yumcooker from city living). But i still encountered that problem. When assigning joints, i did the whole door. Did you make any modifications to the door so that its in the right position?? And does the rack’s position affect much since the only thing i did was lowering its height?
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 1:23 AM
I just make the door where it's at in the original mesh. I usually just use the sims 2 rack if it's the right size. Sometimes I use the rack from the sims 4 mesh if it's easy to pull the texture off the original template since the rack has its own template.
The rack does need to be in the sims 2 spot for cooking. That's where they stick the pan.
This conversion is about the only one where I got a big difference when it's animated: http://simpearls.co.uk/simpearls/index.php?topic=5877.0

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests