Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Phae's Phone Book- Look Up Neighbors' Numbers!

by Phaenoh Posted 17th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2013 at 8:50 PM by Phaenoh

328 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 247 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
#76 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
All eps and Sp's minus glamour life and celebrations. Don't have store edition installed. Played it in Lotharios house. Never even used it and it was throwing up the error message. Looking at the error report it's stack underflow and it's got all menus on=false.

I mentioned the teleporter because that was the only thing I could think of mod wise that might be similar enough in my game to throw up a conflict. Other then that it should work looking through my mod folder.
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:12 PM
I enjoy the idea that I do not have to use the "make me know everyone" cheat anymore, but I have one problem. On my game this phonebook keep causing an error. I say reset and then it's fine, but it keeps popping up again...mmm. Any idea why this could be? The error "stack underflow" is exactly the same error as mine. How can I fix it?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#78 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:57 AM
Awesome! This is exactly what the game needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:35 PM
This is brilliant - thanks! It's so much effort trying to get family members to meet, this will make it so much easier thanks! And I plan ahead what sims are gonna marry who, so this will make it FAR easier to get introductions! Just what I need!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:36 PM Last edited by bluelavender24 : 21st Jun 2011 at 3:37 PM. Reason: Word was missing
Thank you so much for the hard work that you put into this. I am glad that I read the description because I had no idea how useful this could be for me. It has always bothered me how complicated it can be to build relationships with certain sims in the neighborhood unless one "cheats" (moving them into neighboring apartments etc.).
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:36 PM
People who are reporting errors, please attach your error log to accompany the report. I can't do much about it without that.

For everyone else who this is working for, I'm very glad you are enjoying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:16 AM Last edited by kitty40089 : 18th Jul 2012 at 3:45 PM. Reason: 'alot' is not a word. I can't believe I actually wrote that.
YAY! This makes me (and I'm sure a lot of other people) SO HAPPY! *hugs* thank you so much! This is going to be so helpful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#83 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
Wow! This is brilliant! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:21 PM
AMAZING! This is so useful! Thanks so much for this....
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 6:00 AM
This is an AMAZING idea and its so much easier to find a neighbour. But when I used it, there was some error and it deleted itself. And crashed my Sims 2.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 7:45 AM
I'm *very* surprised it crashed your game, but that might be because you clicked Delete instead of Reset. However, I think Echo has tracked down the issue that a few of you have been experiencing and there will be an updated version posted shortly.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 9:28 PM Last edited by jeffallenroberts : 29th Jun 2011 at 11:53 PM.
Ok, I love this, but... I too am getting an error. Roughly every eleven sim-hours I get a stack overflow error. I've dealt with it by using the book and removing it from the lot after use. I'm running Seasons as my highest EP and no SPs. the attached zip contains two error logs. I can provide more if you think it would help. As a side note I also get an error when using Simwardrobe's Visual Teleporter, which also uses the phone-call pop-up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
Fantastic idea!! I've been dreaming of something like this ever since UNI had the whole look-up-classmate thing. Great job!!!!!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#89 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 3:53 AM
Thank you for this. It will make sim life much easier.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:57 AM
Hi Got a Q about this. Will this include in game speical NPCS? Like Remote Control and that Poli Alien? if so leave me a message. Thanks!

also its just that i'v had errors with remote control car so i don't want her showing up with no face (Some kind of scary person she is) anyway nice item and i might download it some time.
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:13 PM
Thanks for this, I can't wait to use it, it's gonna make hooking up sims so much easier ^.^

Anda, um, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have the sims 2 Double Deluxe, and only the expansions that it includes, will I be able to use this without things crashing, or should I wait until I buy one of the newer expansions?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 29th Jun 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Ok everyone, we have an update! Please redownload!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:52 PM
The fix looks good. 40 sim-hours and no errors. Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:13 AM
Thank you, this is very useful :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:21 AM
I freakin' love you for this! Great idea and it's clutter too...thank you for your hard work and for sharing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 5:50 AM
Simply Amazing...Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 5th Jul 2011 at 8:22 PM. Reason: grammar ;)
Nice idea! I usually just do the boolProp cheat and add everyone, but then my relationship panel lags and I get a bunch of pets and people I never ever end up talking to, so with the phone book I'm glad I can sort through the people and add just the few I want to know rather than the whole mess of EVERY sims in the game lol. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#98 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 9:12 PM
So far I have only had one, small, issue. It let me look up a number for someone who did not have a phone.

Other than that, it is a great addition to the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:21 PM
That's sooo cool!!! Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#100 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:23 AM
Thank you for this great work.Splendide !
Page 4 of 14