Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 5:33 AM Last edited by playerthe95 : 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added solution

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Lucky Palms objects no longer appear in CAW MetaData
I recently installed the sims 3 and the sims 3 create a world on a new computer, and am working on a world that was previously heavily utilizing the plants from Lucky Palms. The objects were in create a world no problem without me having to do anything extra. However, since moving over to my new computer the plants no longer show up in the metadata. I have scoured the internet for a solution, and the only real solution I can come up with is decrappifying the objects and using them in create a world that way. However, I would really prefer not to do this and I don't think its even possible to do this as the programs used to do this will not open on my computer. Is there any way for me to try to re-enable these objects in create a world? My old computer is no longer usable.

Note: I already tried using supercaw, the objects didn't show up. Additionally, since store packages cannot be edited in s3pe, I don't see any way to just find the packages and enable them in caw that way.

Edit: After additional scouring I have finally solved my problem...

Here is a step by step on how I did it:

1. Run luckypalmsstandard.sims3pack through Sims3Pack Multi Installer. (luckypalmsstandard.sims3pack should be found in Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads)
2. This should extract all the .package files from Lucky Palms into one folder.
3. Run this folder through the Compressorizor Redux, DO NOT decrapify the content for these purposes.
4. Place this folder in your packages folder for CAW if you have one, check and make sure the package files can be opened in S3PE beforehand.

Open CAW and make sure the Lucky Palms files have reappeared!
This ensures all objects previously enabled from Lucky Palms appear for use in the meta data, which is limited to only the plants except for the cacti, as well as ensuring the lots in the world using objects from Lucky Palms will appear correctly in CAW.
I don't know why this works it just ended up working for me.

The post by ellacharmed at the bottom of this thread led me to this solution most directly.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by playerthe95
Edit: After additional scouring I have finally solved my problem...
What did you do? Glad you fixed it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 11:47 PM Last edited by playerthe95 : 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What did you do? Glad you fixed it!

It was a long process of trial and error that eventually worked out but here is a step by step on how I did it. I know a couple other people had a similar issue last summer.
1. Run luckypalmsstandard.sims3pack through Sims3Pack Multi Installer. (luckypalmsstandard.sims3pack should be found in Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads)
2. This should extract all the .package files from Lucky Palms into one folder.
3. Run this folder through the Compressorizor Redux, DO NOT decrapify the content for these purposes.
4. Place this folder in your packages folder for CAW if you have one, check and make sure the package files can be opened in S3PE beforehand.

Open CAW and make sure the Lucky Palms files have reappeared!
This ensures all objects previously enabled from Lucky Palms appear for use in the meta data, which is limited to only the plants except for the cacti, as well as ensuring the lots in the world using objects from Lucky Palms will appear correctly in CAW.
I don't know why this works it just ended up working for me.

The post by ellacharmed at the bottom of this thread led me to this solution most directly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:49 PM
Thanks for posting, will surely help others.