Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2022 at 1:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Graphics glitch on trees when in map view
Hi!
I have a issue with trees almost looking as they have.. derendered.. when in map view. (This happens in every world, custom or not)
I don't like posting on threads, and prefer to try and solve issues myself but I have tried every single option to fix my game and nothing is helping.
The video I attached is what my game looks like before and after I have reinstalled, messed around with graphic settings in the sims 3 game and in NVIDIA control panel.
I have smooth patch and I DID have reshade (Took it out to test if that was causing it, but both the smooth patch and reshade are not). I have updated my graphics drivers and I do have my card recognized in the game
All my settings are on high, animation smoothing & advanced rendering are on, but object hiding and edge smoothing are disabled. My game was working perfectly fine until my stupid self hit something in the NVIDIA settings to cause this. I really am at a lost here for what setting is causing this. I had also played with a entirely new sims 3 folder and it didn't make any difference. I messed around with antialiasing, turned it off and back on, searched threads to find the recommended sims 3 NVIDIA settings, set it back to the default graphics settings and nothing has worked. My computer is really new so I am a beginner when using NVIDIA.
Any help would be appreciated. I will also include my device config. Please let me know if you need me to do another GIF file of the glitch.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (VERSION 512.59)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Device Config
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2022 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for responding, sorry for the bad screenshot.

Basically the trees are 2D and barely rendered until I am right on top of them. When I move the camera, they kind of flash from fully rendered and nice quality to the 2D version and blurriness you see below. Not a game-breaking glitch but not sure why it's happening. I reset my Nvidia settings several times and it didn't change anything. My whole Device Config is in that original message. I am not sure what my VRAM issue is, but i did put my texture memory back to it's default "32" after uploading that if that was the issue you were talking about.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2022 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
No, you need to fix the VRAM issue via step 6: https://modthesims.info/showthread....d=1#post4782510

Otherwise the VRAM trigger is set to false.

But I have to get back to you later, after entering the game and take my own screenshots for comparison. Truth is, I don't really pay attention to trees.

Edit: Ok, this is how trees look in my game. This is Sunset Valley. 1920x1080 max graphics. I don't know if this is different than your game b/c my eyes are not that keen. But if you can tell me if there's a difference.

Hmm.. looks pretty much the same in my game. Maybe I'm just making an issue out of something that's not an issue. I just have never had the trees so clearly switch textures from high quality to low quality when moving the camera in game.
I fixed my VRAM though, thank you.