Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2022 at 8:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How to get more than 8 sims in an active household.
Okay so in my game there are already 4 kids plus the parents in the household and the wife just gave birth to triplets for some reason, so I went back to before she gave birth and installed the Master controller mod and set it to allow more than eight sims in a household but for some reason the father sim keeps getting kicked out once she gives birth, am I missing a step here, I have been playing with this family for weeks and I don't want to lose the father sim.

I found instructions but they all seem to be for adding more in CAS not for when your wife sims gives birth to too many sims, is there a way to get more than eight sims in this household?

Thanks a lot for your help.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2022 at 9:23 PM
I figured it out, none of the guides mentioned that you needed the portrait panel mod to get this to work, and it turns out the guide I was looking at was for The Sims 4.

Sorry about this but maybe this will help someone else who finds themselves in this same situation.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#3 Old 10th May 2022 at 5:02 AM
I believe you also need SP from NRass to actually have them give birth in an overstuffed household. The MC one only allows you to add more through the MC commands. NRass would be the best place to get answers though https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox, just ask in Chatterbox.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2022 at 2:48 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th May 2022 at 3:55 PM
Default Best way to do it!
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Okay so in my game there are already 4 kids plus the parents in the household and the wife just gave birth to triplets for some reason, so I went back to before she gave birth and installed the Master controller mod and set it to allow more than eight sims in a household but for some reason the father sim keeps getting kicked out once she gives birth, am I missing a step here, I have been playing with this family for weeks and I don't want to lose the father sim.

I found instructions but they all seem to be for adding more in CAS not for when your wife sims gives birth to too many sims, is there a way to get more than eight sims in this household?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Use Nraas Mods https://www.nraas.net/community/Mods-List
It will help! Mainly I use Master Controller and cheats. Woohooer will also Help so you can have kids over the Household limit. PortraitPanel will allow you so it can display all the sims over the Household limit. Mover will allow more sims to be moved and added into the household. Those Mods from Nraas should help you with this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:45 PM
Thanks a bunch everyone, this was hugely helpful and I got my game running smoothly again.

My PC specs.