Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2022 at 7:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Active sims freeze randomly
Hello.

There is not much going on in the other forum so I thought I would post here for a change...

Anyway, as I want you to understand this I must go back to the beginning. I have a female sim in Starlight Shores who is a singer. Quite randomly she did become stuck on her home lot but I could fix that. I do not have many mods installed and the ones I have is mostly Nraas. Decensorer, Error Trap, Master Controller, Over Watch and Register. Using Nraas I could reset my "frozen" sim and I got help to clean out the "jig" that coursed.

Then the game did run perfectly for a bout a in-game week. I got my sim a gig and her show was very nice. But just as it ended she did freeze up again... Why!? No matter what I did could free her from this. The NPC's were not that effected by this, oddly enough. The only option I did see was to reset her with the Nraas mod. But that made it look like she never did fulfill the job. Very annoying indeed. If it was the game itself that froze then it had been a computer issue (hardware and/or software) and if my sim (or the club she were visiting) had been loaded with CC I could also understand it. But Now? I did told to check out this tumblr page and check the settings: https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/ . Under "Nraas settings/Overwatch" I see this text:

"Stuck Check Auto-Reset = False
(Stops sims from being automatically reset when they are unable to route anywhere. It’s then possible to click on the sims portrait in the notification and that will zoom the camera to wherever the sim is stuck. Doing this can help identify the places around town where sims often become stuck and allow correction of the issue permanently.)"

This is the setting I have per default. I recall having an other sim in an other world autoreset while singing karaoke before I installed the mod. Maybe the problem in this case were the club itself. Maybe the game did try to autoreset but could not.

You can ask me about the computer specs but then I have to check them and come back. And if you are interested in my patch level I can tell you that this game is so old is installed from discs. I have no Origin connection on this game even if the client is installed.