Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 1:03 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 2nd Jul 2022 at 1:07 PM. Reason: typo

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Converting objects to package files, from dcbackup?
I've been converting everything I have to package and no issues at all. The problem I do have is that I downloaded a few houses a long time ago just to get the content that was in them, I just put the CC I want to keep on an empty lot and export it then install through the launcher. I tried to convert from the dcbackup files and oddly enough for patterns this actually worked, open, edit, export as package. For objects from the dcbackup files I only end up with an XML file, even though I knew it wouldn't work I did test a couple of them and they were a fail.

The sites all this content came from are long gone, I don't even know them.

What I need is for someone to tell me if there is a way to create a package of an object from a dcbackup file and if so how, if not I'm stuck with installing lots via the launcher
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why do you need to install through the launcher if you already extracted those CCs from the sims3pack? They are already package files. Just put them in the mod folder.

How are you extracting them? We're talking about sims3pack in the dcbackup folder? I just extract them using Delphy's multi-installer. They will all extract as packages.

Like I said though these items were downloaded with lots and only install with those lots, no packages, no s3 packs. I will try just doing 'save as' then, didn't realise they were .packages for some stupid reason, thanks. I'm recategorising them as well to a better place in the catalogue so can't just move them over. Thanks, at least you woke me up, lol. What a headache converting my full folder.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 2:07 PM
Can't delete, this was my stupidity
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 8:31 PM
Are you using the Sims3Pack Multi Installer to turn sims3packs into packages? It does lots and sims also. It just gives it all random numbers as the names of the files if there is more than 1.