Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1526 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 5:30 AM
I just got House Flipper off of Steam and it is so good at scratching that building/decorating itch! The whole point of the game is fixing up properties. You have the option of following briefs from clients or buying houses and making them over to your own specs and then auctioning them off. I'm really enjoying the physics of the game and the way that the walls crumble when you demo them. I hate the way lawn mowing works and spreading mulch or other terrain covers. I don't think you can build from scratch, but you can make additions. I'm in a love/hate relationship with having to actually install plumbing fixtures. I think the game is European in origin because the measurements are in meters, they place laundry facilities in either the kitchen or the bathroom, and one of the garden styles is "American" which I wasn't aware was a thing.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Scholar
#1527 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I don't want to change the region. That's my point. The issue is when I order physical copies of any games, I usually end up with at least 1-2 foreign copies.

But it sounds to me like the main point is that you keep receiving copies from other regions, because that's what you seem to be complaining about the most. I don't recall you ever saying anything about the console's region (and especially not actually trying anything to make those games work) until I brought up the topic. I guess my point is that you could make those games work on your Switch if you actually wanted to, and as long as you can understand the language there won't be much (if anything) that is different from the North American versions. Also if you're ordering these games from the same place every time, and you continue to get the wrong regions, don't you think you should try buying from somewhere else?
Mad Poster
#1528 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 8:01 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Oct 2019 at 10:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
But it sounds to me like the main point is that you keep receiving copies from other regions, because that's what you seem to be complaining about the most. I don't recall you ever saying anything about the console's region (and especially not actually trying anything to make those games work) until I brought up the topic. I guess my point is that you could make those games work on your Switch if you actually wanted to, and as long as you can understand the language there won't be much (if anything) that is different from the North American versions. Also if you're ordering these games from the same place every time, and you continue to get the wrong regions, don't you think you should try buying from somewhere else?

It's always been Amazon's issue. They usually direct me to the various shops through them.

PS I am the hell most call representatives dread facing.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1529 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
It's always been Amazon's issue. They usually direct me to the various shops through them.

PS I am the hell most call representatives dread facing.

Are you ordering directly through Amazon, or the other sellers? I ask because I've been ordering games from Amazon for over 10 years and I've never received a game from another region. In fact I've only ever had an issue twice out of who knows how many total orders. Only one of those orders was gaming related too, which wasn't an actual game and was a Gamecube memory card (which turned out to be a fake card), and it wasn't ordered directly through Amazon though it was fulfilled by them. So if the orders for you are directly through Amazon then either your luck has been bad, or mine has been good when it comes to actual games.
Inventor
#1530 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 1:35 PM
Atom RPG (from Steam). It's a Russian take on the classic Fallout 1/2 games, with (somewhat) better graphics and a distinctive post-Soviet flavour. I haven't played a new game obsessively for a very long time but this one has all I love - above all, excellent (and intelligent) writing, It has some problems (but is really stable - I never had a freeze or a CTD). Deeply recommended if you like the genre.
Mad Poster
#1531 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 3:06 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Nov 2019 at 3:17 AM.
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Unlocked Dark Pit and Mewtwo. Dark Pit is up for the rematch, but I got Mewtwo.

I have about 53 characters and the Mii Brawler and Swordfighter available. So 55. Still haven't unlocked Luigi.

Kinda funny...they won't allow Mai Shiranui from SNK into Smash, but Bayonetta, who is from a dark M-rated game series is allowed in the first place. (P.S. I have her, and she's not toned down so much to say she was completely bowdlerized. In some attacks, you can see where the hair along her body disappears like in her home game.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Forum Resident
#1532 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Deshong : 13th Dec 2019 at 6:46 PM.
Death Stranding.

I haven't finished the game yet but I understand Kojima's message, it's a good one and I admire him for it. The gameplay is really fun, though, some say it's repetitive and boring but I think they might have been expecting something similar to Metal Gear Solid though there are some easter eggs.The story so far is really good and I'm quite invested in learning more, it's complex, a lot of what the moments but overall not too difficult to understand and follow along. The graphics and aesthetics are top notch, the best of the best, it's so beautiful to look at. I was surprised to see Conan O'Brien and kept thinking wait was that really him in this game? I had to look that up to confirm, lol.

I like the gameplay of delivering cargo in the best condition possible with all the factors working against you like timefall, Mules, BT's, balancing the weight, traversing the uneven rough terrain, etc and can become strategic, plus getting to your destination in a timely manner while also helping your fellow players along the way and taking care of a BB. My maternal instincts surface every time he cries, he's so cute and I like how Sam Porter Bridges/Norman Reedus has grown attached so I'm really curious how this story will progress with everything else going on. It's also nice to get upgrades and new equipment, vehicles, etc which helps to make delivering and traveling a bit easier. I really like the online aspect of the game where players help each other despite this game being single player so you'll never see another player but you might hear someone call out and you can respond or see their footprints or put useful things around for others to use in their game and vice versa. I've also been helping to build the roads and it feels nice to work together. I wonder what this game will look like a year from now. But for now, it's exciting to be a part of it from the beginning to see how it's developing.

In the private room where Sam rests, showers, use the bathroom, etc, you can interact with him while he's sitting on the bed and there is some breaking of the 4th wall which I find funny. I didn't expect he would actually react to looking near or at his crotch. Since there were animations when focusing on various parts of him I wondered what other reactions there were. Interacting with BB while he's hooked up to his incubator is cute or scary, lol.

Edit: Still playing this game and haven't finished it yet but am over 122 hours of gameplay and am loving every second of it. This game is quite esoteric so some may not understand beyond the surface of what's presented but there are definitely indications toward an even deeper meaning for those who are open minded and those attune with their 6th sense/Third Eye. Congratulations to Hideo Kojima for winning The Game Awards 2019 for Best Game Direction. Definitely deserved for all his hard work. LIKE! Congratulations to Ludvig Forssell for Best Score and Music and congratulations to Mads Mikkelsen for Best Performance. LIKE! Also, all the actors and actresses, animators/animations, graphics, aesthetics, sound, music, etc. is nothing but top notch quality. LIKE!

Definitely, adding Death Stranding as one of my favorite video games that I greatly enjoy and appreciate.

I look forward to see what games he will create in the future. Though, I read he's thinking about a survival horror? next and I couldn't even play the P.T./Silent Hills demo...that's too scary.

Decided to grab some screenshots from the PS4.
Test Subject
#1533 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 9:37 PM
Sims 1 and 2; Fallout 3; Rimworld; Crusader Kings II especially after the announcement of Crusader Kings III
Mad Poster
#1534 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:30 AM
Pokémon Red
Pokémon Fire Red
Pokémon Blue
Pokémon Leaf Green
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Gold
Pokémon HeartGold
Pokémon Silver
Pokémon SoulSilver
Pokémon Crystal
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Pokémon Sapphire
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Emerald
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Black
Pokémon White
Pokémon Black 2
Pokémon White 2
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

It's obvious that I want to catch up on catching them all, so perfecting my techniques is tantamount to getting ready for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.

Somewhere, I hear the esportscaster panic "She's catching all of them! Oh, this could be a total disaster! I only paid a donation worth 50 Pokémon caught!" (I make Pokémon collecting look like a walkathon and I was on the track team.)

Scholar
#1535 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 9:34 AM
Fable 2 & 3, Sims 2 and GTA IV

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#1536 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
Fable 2 & 3, Sims 2 and GTA IV

Have you ever tried playing those Fable games online with someone? I had a chance to try a couple years ago, and in my opinion it made the games a little more fun. I guess it was mostly from just having someone else to play with since I don't remember it really changing anything about how you play.
Top Secret Researcher
#1537 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 6:58 AM
Civ V nowadays. I've begun playing Civ VI, but haven't yet got the rhythm of it & still prefer Civ V.

I wouldn't say Life is Strange is an "obsession" for me these days, because only rarely do I consciously grieve over it. I'm just not the same as before I played it, and that isn't a problem, simply a fact that is there.
Forum Resident
#1538 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 6:51 PM
Finished Death Stranding with over 140 hours but will take more time to get all the trophies but I'm in no rush. That game has such great, deep storytelling and characters...so amazing. I wonder how may Death Stranding 2 be since it was mentioned I think by Kojima that it would have it's own game engine instead of using the game engine, Decima from Guerrilla Games. A few games built with that game engine are Horizon: Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, Rush of Blood as well as a few other games.

Currently, I've been playing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and just started playing Rush of Blood which is a spin-off from Until Dawn. A PSVR title that I had on my wishlist for awhile since I enjoyed the demo and decided to get it while it was on sale. I raged quit Rush of Blood though, my arms and fingers were getting tired trying to use the controller but next time I'll remember to use motion controllers because it's just easier. But what a fun scary but quite disturbing roller coaster ride hence the name.
#1539 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:56 AM
I'm really interested in playing FFVII: Remake, but I'm just getting back into Skyrim after a long while.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Forum Resident
#1540 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 6:28 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 20th Jan 2020 at 7:04 PM. Reason: cannot get links to work
Default Playing Ark
I left sims and joined Ark Survival Evolved. Now I can build houses and defend against dinosaur attacks. Much funner. Plus I can play online with others. And get mods that decorate awesome looking homes. No lot restrictions on building.

link link

Those above are general pictures. Below now is my pet rex. She is named Snow White. I caught her last week. Sorry, graphics are on low setting.

You come play ark leave sims. Use a Steam sale. Is a good game ark. Will be fun.
#1541 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:15 AM
Started getting back into Sims 4 and Skyrim recently.

I know this is the wrong forum for this type of thing, but has anyone else noticed any issues with the Spellcaster cheats? I recently found that I have to rank up to Neophyte before they do work properly.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#1542 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 3:30 AM
Crusader Kings 2, more specifically the Game of Thrones mod. Current game started at the mod's Crowned Stag bookmark (a.k.a our homeboy Bobby B is just starting to settle the throne after Robert's Rebellion)

Narrative-wise, semi-roleplaying this as "hey, Bobby B was still salvageable as a ruler and not totally jaded and checked out". Sole major plot was the discovery of Cersei and Jaime Lannister's affair after Cersei announced her first pregnancy. Both were executed, which roughed up relations with the ALL-MIGHTY TYWIN, mostly smoothed over.

Major book characters/personal book/show favorites dead so far (that I've picked up on):
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Blackfish Brynden Tully (general poor health)
  • Catelyn Tully/Stark (rabies)
  • Talla Tarly (rabies, only 7 to boot )

Characters I wish would croak already:
  • Xaro Xhoan Daxos of the SIX HUNDRED NAMES REQUIRED TO BE SAID IN FULL EACH SCENE HE WAS IN ON THE SHOW
  • Gerold Dayne WHO IS OF THE NIGHT

As of the 292nd year after Aegon the Conqueror's coronation, our boy Robert Baratheon has since remarried to Bronze Yohn Royce's second daughter Alyssa, with whom he has had one son, Galladon. Now I wait for my spare.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Mad Poster
#1543 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 2:28 PM Last edited by HarVee : 28th Jan 2020 at 2:40 PM.
Gran Turismo Sport; Second best in the series [after GT3]. Finally I can say that after 16 years Polyphony have got their shit together and have delivered a GT game that is enjoyable to play, responsive, focused, and actually for once rewards and encourages the player to drive the hundreds of cars they obtain. No more standard car nonsense, no more antiquated car part buying system and redundant GT Auto car maintenance. The game feels modern and sleek while still managing to have that old school GT1-3 feel.

Marvel's Spiderman; The action is addicting, though VA is cheesy. Web swinging is fun, though I'm finding the story a bit too predictable. It only makes sense that the guy who is creating robot arms would become a villian. Still, despite of the flaws the game is rather entertaining and the visual detail put into the city is almost life-like.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#1544 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 5:49 AM
Same game as before, same start (Crusader Kings 2, A Game of Thrones mod, Crowned Stag bookmark as Bobby B with the intent to shape him up into a decent king)

---------------
Realm at large as of 298 AC (or about where A Game of Thrones the book begins):
Sitting the throne is Robert Baratheon, First of His y'know how it goes. 35, m. {Cersei Lannister, wed 283-294, sent to be a silent sister and died of complications related to gout), m. Myranda Royce*

His children by Cersei:
  • Steffon, heir, a rowdy lad of nine, betrothed to Margaery Tyrell
  • Byron, a strong albeit somewhat lazy lad of seven, betrothed to his half-aunt Leila (Tywin must've remarried while I wasn't looking, was born a few months after his death from getting too drunk)
  • Andrew, a strong lad of two
  • Sarella, his somewhat simple-minded twin, betrothed to Brandon Stark (obvs not book Bran)

His children by Myranda:
  • Boremund, newborn

*Chosen on account of being one of the younger available noblewomen who'd both be alive in the books (so ruling out characters born in-game), of proper marital age (14 in the mod not that the AI exactly follows these rules that closely, I'm looking right at you Renly Baratheon) and make some narrative sense (which I touch upon in the other character of note if you look carefully)
---------------
Lord and Lady Paramounts of the Seven Kingdoms
  • Ned Stark still has THENORF. At some point revealed himself as gay. Robb died of greyscale very early on .
  • Hoster Tully is still alive in the Riverlands, much better shape than his book counterpart. All three Edmure Tully/Sarella Sand shippers are in for a wonderful time.
  • Gwenna Arryn, 11, sole child of Jon Arryn and Lysa Tully. So far she seems like she has potential to be a good leader of the Vale.
  • Theon Greyjoy LITERALLY just took the Iron Islands the first day of 298 AC after his elder brother died while reaving near Myr.
  • The Imp is making daddy Tywin's afterlife miserable by ruling the Westerlands. No children yet.
  • Mace the Ace is still a lovable oaf in the Reach. No Queen of Thorns, she died of old age early on, but probs not before telling Death off.
  • Renly. Still keeping side-eyes on you.
  • Quentyn Martell is being better treated in the game so far than the books.

Other characters of note:
  • Stannis the Mannis is handling his cancer well this past decade or so in-game
  • Ser Lord Bronn of the highly-dubious promotion in the show is still floating around near Stoney Sept
  • Rattleshirt and the Weeper are both the only serious contenders at the moment to become the next King-Beyond-The-Wall.
  • No opportunities for Cleganebowl (GET HYPE) in this timeline, Gregor died under suspicious circumstances.
  • Lord Piggy Samwell Tarly is doing much better objectively speaking than book Sam, married one of my personal minor book favorites Desmera Redwyne.
  • My personal favorite extremely minor book character is still thankfully alive.
  • Gerold Dayne WHO IS OF THE NIGHT became a septon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • I have, in my dungeons, a certain character with a highly contentious ending on the TV show. This character will, at some point, be executed and with their death, their family will end.

Realm was mostly calm from the beginning up until present, if one were to ignore the events of 296 AC. TL;DR=

-Two higher-profile book characters convicted of plotting to murder someone significant (Arianne Martell tried on Cersei Lannister, Cersei on Tyrion) and sent to be silent sisters
-some minor lord who died in the books during the Battle of Mummer's Ford manages to convince the Dornish that I'm a tyrant and to help him with rebelling (didn't amount to much help).

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Mad Poster
#1545 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 11:52 PM
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Recently got my Nintendo Switch Online sub for 12 month\$20 (Fair price considering the far reach of Nintendo since their playing cards days in 1889)

I think I unlocked almost all in-game characters. There may be a few I missed. But I have plans to buy the DLC and try to master the stages and characters. Besides, Sakurai-sensei said "After SSBU, it's highly unlikely they could top such a large roster ever again."

Lab Assistant
#1546 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 2:25 AM Last edited by AverageMcPosterman : 1st Feb 2020 at 2:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AverageMcPosterman
SNIP for length.

State of Westeros as of 313 AC:

Still sitting the Iron Throne is our our boy Robert Baratheon aka Bobby B. Now 50, he's winding down his reign by and large, only thing at this point similar to book Robert is his drinking. Lost weight, lost interest in getting laid all the time. Last major campaign planned is to conquer the Stepstones and add them to the realm.

His children by his first wife {Cersei Lannister}, brief life summary:
  • Steffon, Lord of Rosby and current heir, 24, m. {Margaery Tyrell}, m. Tyalla Manderly
    -no children by Margaery, expecting his first with Tyalla

Marriage to Margaery was smooth, but she fell into a depression and would sadly take her own life in 308 AC at the age of 25. Rosby would very briefly technically be part of the Reach via inheritance shenanigans, did console command-fu to give myself the title (technically) and now serves as the title traditionally given to the heir presumptive to the Iron Throne
    ----------
  • Byron, Lord of Dragonstone, 22, m. Leila Lannister
    -Marena, 3
    -(expecting their second)

Stannis the Mannis would lose his bout with cancer in 305 AC, with he and his wife Falyse Stokeworth having had but one son Beric. Beric would die of poor health before he and his wife Brella Connington could have kids, ending the line of our favorite grammar-master.
    ----------
  • Andrew, 17, a sworn brother of the Kingsguard

In truth, he's good with a sword and it should lessen claimant scrums upon Bobby B's death.
    ----------
  • Sarella, twin to Andrew, m. {Brandon Stark}, m. Martyn Sarsfield

Decent girl, albeit somewhat simpleminded. Mental image of her in my mind is similar to Jaehaerys the Conciliator's last child Gael.

==========
His children by Myranda Royce:
  • Boremund, 15

Not entirely sure what to do with him. Personally, I hope he asks to join the Night's Watch or the Citadel. If not, find him someone out of the way to marry and bury him under a few overlords.
    ----------
  • {Maris}, lived for a day in 301 AC
  • Arya, 10

No clue what to do with her as well. If I can, give her to the Faith of the Seven. If not, no idea.
    ----------
  • Stannis, 5

He's got plenty of time for me to decide where he ends up
==========
As for baseborn, there's only one that he acknowledged:
  • Valarr Waters, 12, his son by {Daenerys Targaryen}.

Gonna do my Stepstones war, give him one of the islands there and get him to start a cadet branch of my dynasty, raise him to Lord Paramount of the Stepstones.

As for his momma, did this RP style with Robert wanting the last of the Targaryens dead. Kidnapped Viserys and Dany when they were younger, had Viserys drowned in a vat of win because it was an option I was given. She got a version of the ending TV Cersei should've had.

There ARE others that I know of via console command but their mothers managed to pass off as trueborn. Only two I can remember off-hand are Rosalind Sarsfield (by Meera Reed) and Lady Paramount Alyssa Arryn (by Gwenna Arryn).

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Lab Assistant
#1547 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 2:44 PM
I can't stop playing Diner Dash and New Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo DS.
Mad Poster
#1548 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 5:12 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Feb 2020 at 9:24 PM.
Pokémon Sword and Shield.

In Sword, I am in the Wild Zone and I am fucking lost. I am supposed to be in Motostoke with Hop and last night I nearly got stomped in by a Mudsdale!

I have about the same directional sense as Leon.

5:05 PM: Caught my first Pancham in Generation VIII. I call him Jack.

In Shield, I just got off the train and have yet to explore the area.

I got the three essential badges at the beginning. I have to admit, for a Fire type Veteran, Kabu's handsome and has a moral compass.

The puzzles for the gyms were in story order: catherding difficult, willing to sell my soul if I couldn't find the switches and too easy.

I'm also playing Tomodachi Life and Miitopia, two Mii-centric games for the 3DS where the Miis on your system become the stars. Would love to see a Switch port with improvements and additional content to both titles.

Test Subject
#1549 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 9:20 AM
Hay Day xD
Mad Poster
#1550 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 10:52 PM
Still playing Miitopia and Tomodachi Life.

I would love to see a ported to Switch versions for both. Maybe like a dual package, complete with fan-requested features, more items and places to explore and is compatible with the Switch's Mii Maker.

Personally, I would love to set up the towns and characters by location (outside the Travelers Hub) and even those you run into like the Gourmand, the Prodigious Postman, the Quizmaster, etc.,

Page 62 of 63