Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 11:54 PM
Default Blargh! What Ruined Your Day?
As a twin to the "What Made Your Day?", what are those things that seemed to crap on your head like a pigeon?

Well, my external DVD reader\writer died on me and some of my favorite DVDs got messed up. Not going to sleep well as it already is: I need to set up an emergency appointment with Dr. KW (I use initials for the anonymity factor) to figure out a new plan for medicine.

As of right now, my father still hasn't come in yet. I have not reached to the point of destroying the futon.

Have any of you guys had pigeon-worthy days lately?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 4:22 AM
Oh yes, I've had those type of days before. Whether it's seeing friends argue over everything or just anxiety acting up and making me feel lousy. I always seem to get crashes when it's nighttime just about every night.

I updated my signature, but I still don't know what to add here!
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:43 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 30th Sep 2019 at 3:00 PM.
Here at the coast I'm more vulnerable to seagull poop. But anyway: after a 3 hour drive to a church we have to work at we noticed we forgot some very important bits. My boss went back, and now I'm alone for the next 4 to 5 hours just cleaning the damn organ.

Speaking of poop, a bird managed it's way in here and I've got the honor to clean after him.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 4:18 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Sep 2019 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Here at the coast I'm more vulnerable to seagull poop. But anyway: after a 3 hour drive to a church we have to work at we noticed we forgot some very important bits. My boss went back, and now I'm alone for the next 4 to 5 hours just cleaning the damn organ.

Speaking of poop, a bird managed it's way in here and I've got the honor to clean after him.

Pigeons, seagulls...both are rats with wings at this point.

I dealt with crows, seagulls, and pigeons when I lived in Lynnwood, WA. Rats with wings, all 3 of them.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 7:49 PM
I feel like the Vent thread is kinda the opposite of the "What made your day" thread

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 8:45 PM
I guess a little more civility plus the fact things went so well...then a rat with wings of your choice decided to crap all over it.

I'm doing fine with running diagnostics on new machines...that's actually a bit fun. I also fixed my smartphone so now I don't have to waste data on music streaming apps because my music collection is back. However, due to weather patterns dictating rain, I get the trifecta of crows, seagulls and pigeons because I have to babysit a whiny cat. Gemini was locked out in the rain overnight and when we found her, still raining the next morning, we toweled her off and was like "You're dead to me..." She may be dumb to ask you to stop the rain, but not dumb enough to charge out into rain or snow.

I guess this is part of being a parent to a cat who lives for the attention, the water packed in cooked canned tuna and summer sunbathing. I like a little attention, just more focused with one guy at a time, she wants a crowd. I don't eat sandwiches or even use canned tuna. I'm at risk for melanoma, so I stay out of the light.

Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 12:06 AM
The entire day ruined my day.

#8 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 5:04 PM
The entire day ruined my day.

So just getting out of bed was enough to ruin your day?

Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 8:09 PM
My brain every morning

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 6:29 PM
My father forgot I had a physical a town over and he's in Bethlehem, PA getting his glasses.

I had my annual scheduled for today.

Not to mention I got angry at my parents over semantics on medication.

Definitely a shit day.

Instructor
#11 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 9:00 PM
i have those days that makes me worse

right before i was on the airplane, i was so upset we had to leave when i was in spain, i even started to cry, and my parents made it look like it has something to do with them
not everything is based on them when i'm not feeling well, we wanted to eat by the chinese for lunch but it was or closed or too expensive, i wasn't hungry anyways
and the worse part was i couldn't eat bread but i could eat soup (which is weird)

but all of the bad stuff together (my parents thinking everything is based on them, not eating, no eating chinese and leaving the house in spain) made it worse to me
i'm on day 4 and i'm still upset to leave the house, it's like loosing someone or something, but i'm stable now though
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorplanet97
i have those days that makes me worse

right before i was on the airplane, i was so upset we had to leave when i was in spain, i even started to cry, and my parents made it look like it has something to do with them
not everything is based on them when i'm not feeling well, we wanted to eat by the chinese for lunch but it was or closed or too expensive, i wasn't hungry anyways
and the worse part was i couldn't eat bread but i could eat soup (which is weird)

but all of the bad stuff together (my parents thinking everything is based on them, not eating, no eating chinese and leaving the house in spain) made it worse to me
i'm on day 4 and i'm still upset to leave the house, it's like loosing someone or something, but i'm stable now though

Actually, for a good portion of adolescence and post-adolescence, I had crying as a symptom of illness. Whenever I got a cold or was feverish, it alerted my parents to help me.

Instructor
#13 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Actually, for a good portion of adolescence and post-adolescence, I had crying as a symptom of illness. Whenever I got a cold or was feverish, it alerted my parents to help me.

oh i see
Scholar
#14 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 5:59 AM
I woke up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 4:23 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Oct 2019 at 6:10 PM.
We shopped around the dollar store.

Then my mom made a faux pas that I can't stand: forget my birthday.

My mother forgot my actual birthday is next week. We're celebrating on Saturday as it's during the work days.

Also, cannot find my numbers needed to deposit money in my PayPal "Open a PayPal account to use eBay, they said... it's fun and easy, they said. Damn setup require numbers you have no access to because the bank gives you a run around with the shit you already put up with daily!"

More shit to put up with: having to remove the Gorilla Glass from my phone after it broke numerous times. Phone is fine, original glass is fine.

Edit: Got the PayPal setup in process. Whoever said it was easy was stabbed in the lobe with a pickelhaube helmet and I can only imagine it would hurt enough to seek medical attention. (FYI pickelhaube helmets were standard WWI headgear for the German Army. Also called Kaiser helmets, they are popular with some bikers in the West. It is denoted by the giant spike dead center on top. For players of The Urbz: Sims in the City, in the biker district, Gasoline Row(?), the resident NPC Pork Chop wears one.) To be honest, I am no stranger to pain and the phantom sensation of getting stabbed is extremely common.

Easy is drinking soda through a straw that is solid in terms of walling. Difficult is tightrope walking with loud music, wind and the world watching. PayPal setup was difficult moreso than soda drinking. It was a few percentage points off of the same difficulty as the distractions in tightrope.

Instructor
#16 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 1:33 AM
a few days ago i slept well till i got into an panic for nothing, i think i figured that it was hot in my room and didn't opened the window,
but that ruined the whole day after that,

usually i'm just in a panic when i hear an beep in my ear that is pretty much hard (ringing in the ears)
so i found it weird, i started working on my breath, breath in for a few seconds and breath out, i did it a few times, drinked water after that and i tried to fall asleep since i was a bit calmer then during the panic parts
i was tired the whole day when i had to go to work last week :/

i'm feeling better now though, still afraid of panics though
Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek

He can ruin anyone's day just by looking at them. Creepy, creepy little uncanny valley doll man.

Quote: Originally posted by haywud
I woke up.

Double that; also there is no Spaghetti for dinner.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 2:04 AM
Default Not vent day, not good day, more of a conflicted day.
Not sure why dear wife is angry at me; I must have done something. Asking will make it worse.
I got a nice roast at the store. I burned it. So much for following that recipe! Next time, 2 cups of water and check every half hour. Oh well. I can eat it and Schrodinger the dog loves it.
Halloween
Even as a child I was never a fan of Halloween. When I was kid almost 60 years ago there was a drunk down the street who thought it was fun to answer tricker or treaters with a pistol and yell at them. If you stayed he'd give you candy; or so he said as he yelled at us as we ran away. My 18 year old sister (the pretty sister, not the nice sister or the mean self centered sister) got us off his porch pretty quick. I did not want his candy. I had to be before I went to school, 4 or 5 years old.
I asked my daughter to hand out the candy this year. Bad knees are incompatible with getting up and answering the door every five minutes.
Right now I'm sure the wealthy neighborhood is getting pounded. Soon it will be on us in the middle class neighborhood. No rain so I expect a big turn out and an egging if we run out of candy.
Tomorrow will be a good weather for pressure wash the damage off the house.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 7:17 AM
Spent Halloween at the doctor's office. I was okay with the prednisone, but augmentin? That was the bottom drawing line! But I have no choice. Along with Delsym, I have been going through a cocktail of chemical weapons aimed at my upper respiratory system.

Either way... tomorrow morning should be worth a chance to start anew.

Theorist
#20 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 2:25 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Panda. Now it's freezing up here more people will start sneezing, catching colds, and spreading their germs.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Alchemist
#21 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 2:31 PM
Hate the flu season. I always get full on fever which actually knocks me out for a day or 2, but, 'it's just a cold'. I always get sick after everyone else gets better.

#22 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 2:36 PM
Hate the flu season. I always get full on fever which actually knocks me out for a day or 2, but, 'it's just a cold'. I always get sick after everyone else gets better.

Do you get the flu shot? I had to have a shot once for a job but that was the only time I had an injection for the flu.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Alchemist
#23 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Do you get the flu shot? I had to have a shot once for a job but that was the only time I had an injection for the flu.

Maybe I should. Never got a flu shot, but no one ever talks about it here. Never heard anyone say that they just got one and no one even tells me to get one. I'm not sure if it is that common, or a USA thing..

#24 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 3:48 PM
Maybe I should. Never got a flu shot, but no one ever talks about it here. Never heard anyone say that they just got one and no one even tells me to get one. I'm not sure if it is that common, or a USA thing..

Probably a USA one to make $$ for the doctors and medical companies/big pharma. My husband has to get one every year as he works in a hospital. He always get a bit sick right after (minor aches/tired).

Mad Poster
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 2:14 PM
I worked in public health (USA) for years. The flu shot is always a mixture of about three of the viruses that researchers think will be the flu bugs of the year. Sometimes they guess right, but more often than you would think, they are way off the mark. A couple of years ago, I think the vaccine was only about 15% effective.

I'm not an anti-vax person, but I don't get the flu shot, ever.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 1 of 30