Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 4:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Half My Mods are Seemingly Non-Functional
I'm 100% sure everything is installed correctly, yet half the mods I have installed don't show up in any way, shape or form. This includes a lot of essentials, such as most of the NRaas stuff... Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 8:43 PM
I don't know what's going on, but suddenly none of my cc clothing, hairstyles, or makeup is showing up in CAS. My mods seem to still be working, but something is definitely weird.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 10:57 PM
Do you both use subfolders, and are your resource files set to accept subfolders?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you both use subfolders, and are your resource files set to accept subfolders?

I do use subfolders, yes, but why that would only affect half my mods when they're ALL in subfolders I have no idea. How would I set my recourse file to accept them?

If you can't take the heat, choose the water type starter.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 8:11 AM
Try the framework in this wiki article:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki
It's set up to receive up to five nested folders in the package folder. If you have folders nested deeper than your resource.cfg is set for, they won't be parsed by the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 6:28 PM
Try the framework in this wiki article:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki
It's set up to receive up to five nested folders in the package folder. If you have folders nested deeper than your resource.cfg is set for, they won't be parsed by the game.

This is the exact same resource file I already use. All of my mods are only one subfolder deep, so I don't understand why it's only affecting some of them.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 6:41 PM
Do you have any of your files synched to cloud storage, or in a location which has on-access scanning from your antivirus? If something else has a file lock on the mods as the game loads, Sims 3 will be prevented from reading them.
Also, check that the filesize of the mods is correct- try redownloading them if you're not sure, in case the files have been damaged in some way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 4:56 PM
Do you have any of your files synched to cloud storage, or in a location which has on-access scanning from your antivirus? If something else has a file lock on the mods as the game loads, Sims 3 will be prevented from reading them.
Also, check that the filesize of the mods is correct- try redownloading them if you're not sure, in case the files have been damaged in some way.

I turned off OneDrive a while ago, but how would I find out/change if it's on-access scanning?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 5:37 PM
Depends on your antivirus- look in the settings and see what it's set to scan, and when.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 7:33 PM
Depends on your antivirus- look in the settings and see what it's set to scan, and when.

It doesn't look like my antivirus has on-access scanning.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 7:46 PM
You'll have to show some screenshots of the files that aren't working and the files that are, along with a screenshot of your resource.cfg. Would be helpful to see the exact file path (so C:\users\username etc rather than library\Documents ) and file extension, something like this:

Tell us which ones work, which ones don't and how you know they aren't working.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 3:33 AM
You'll have to show some screenshots of the files that aren't working and the files that are, along with a screenshot of your resource.cfg. Would be helpful to see the exact file path (so C:\users\username etc rather than library\Documents ) and file extension, something like this:

Tell us which ones work, which ones don't and how you know they aren't working.

Here's my root packages folder.
https://imageshack.com/i/pnEjceCEj

And here are the two folders where I have non-fucntional mods, with each one marked with a red dot.
https://imageshack.com/i/pmhfguAfj
https://imageshack.com/i/poIN0v6Oj

There could be more I'm not aware of, but these are the main problems. And since I almost missed the part where you said it, the full path is "C:\Users\tyler\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages."

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 10:49 AM
Do you have any other mods that conflict with those mods at all? Could be that something is overwriting. Also, check that these mods are suitable for your gameversion- redownload also to check they aren't broken in some way (although I admit this seemsvery unlikely!).
You mention that they suddenly stopped working- what did you change just before then? Did you download anything new? Without looking at everythign in your folders, it's hard to tell.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 5:39 PM
Do you have any other mods that conflict with those mods at all? Could be that something is overwriting. Also, check that these mods are suitable for your gameversion- redownload also to check they aren't broken in some way (although I admit this seemsvery unlikely!).
You mention that they suddenly stopped working- what did you change just before then? Did you download anything new? Without looking at everythign in your folders, it's hard to tell.

It was some time ago, so I don't know what I added before then. I've used a mod checker and nothing seems to be conflicting. They're definitely for the current version as well.
However, when I remove a certain amount of mods from my mods folder, they function again-- only to stop when I add back a certain amount.
It doesn't seem to matter what I add back or don't, they just stop when my mods folder exceeds a certain size.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 10:10 PM
How many files do you have? Is it affected by the number of files, or the overall size?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 10:53 PM
How many files do you have? Is it affected by the number of files, or the overall size?

I'm pretty sure it's the overall size, but I could be wrong. I have 1009 files, which add up to 10,436,759,057 bytes.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 11:17 AM
Do you have store stuff in dbc/ebc files as well? might be hitting the limit of your RAM, or maybe a hard limit in the game. Can't believe you're the only person with this many files though, although I know a lot of people merge package files for easier loading.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 3:51 PM
Do you have store stuff in dbc/ebc files as well? might be hitting the limit of your RAM, or maybe a hard limit in the game. Can't believe you're the only person with this many files though, although I know a lot of people merge package files for easier loading.

I do. How would I go about merging package files together?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 6:08 PM
Game Help:Package File Lagwiki
The images in the Club Crimsyn tutorial linked have died, but you can see them on the wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2017091....org/28336.html S3PE is now here:
http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 11:14 PM Last edited by bunnycute : 8th Jan 2022 at 1:13 AM.
Game Help:Package File Lagwiki
The images in the Club Crimsyn tutorial linked have died, but you can see them on the wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2017091....org/28336.html S3PE is now here:
http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

You're a lifesaver. The only mod failing to load now is addlotsize, and I think I can live without it to be honest.

EDIT: Actually, one other super important mod isn't working, NRaas Story Progression!