Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2022 at 6:31 PM
Default Smooth Patch Appear To Not Work On Low-End PC
Hello!

I don't sure why the Smooth Patch doesn't appear to work on Low-End PC, i installed the mod correctly and the mod is working, but, i don't see any improvement to the game, there's a way i can fix that? I just what to see any improvement, like for example: Loading Screens.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th May 2022 at 6:52 PM
how old is your PC? my laptop is almost 6 years old, that time it was a mid tier one, now it is considered an entry level. as far as I know, smooth patch has little to no significance on loading screen, but it does speed up loading the outfits in CAS, and patterns.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2022 at 7:26 PM
Default Old Is My PC
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
how old is your PC? my laptop is almost 6 years old, that time it was a mid tier one, now it is considered an entry level. as far as I know, smooth patch has little to no significance on loading screen, but it does speed up loading the outfits in CAS, and patterns.

It's actually a 2013 Low-End PC Desktop, my Low-End PC uses HDD, a intergated graphics card, Intel CPU and 4.0 GB of memory.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th May 2022 at 12:07 PM
Check this page... http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...em_Requirements , It's old and I don't know last time updated, but if your machine doesn't meet minimum requirements for what you want to do, not much can be done without upgrade.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2022 at 3:03 PM
Default My Computer Meets System Requriments
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Check this page... http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...em_Requirements , It's old and I don't know last time updated, but if your machine doesn't meet minimum requirements for what you want to do, not much can be done without upgrade.

My computer meets system requeriments, so i can run the game without any error!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2022 at 3:11 PM
Default I Uninstalled All Optional Features Of Windows
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Until you upgrade from 4GB of RAM, nothing you do will help your system. Your system is massively slowed down by virtual RAM caching. We explained this to you in detail in 2 separate threads. Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it any less true.

I know the explaning on 2 separate threads, but i uninstalled all of the optional features from the old Control Panel and in New Settings except for Windows PowerShell, because i need Windows PowerShell for some extra things it requires the Windows PowerShell. I know the upgrades, all the time just saying, but my computer runs faster, but the game... Is a little fast.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2022 at 1:54 PM
Default Smooth Patch Works At Least For Smooth Tasks
It doesn't improve the loading screen times due to HDD, but simple tasks like for example: Go Here might work very well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2022 at 10:24 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 25th May 2022 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Typo on "Ir" is "It"
Default The Performance And The RAM Upgrade That Cannot Do It! Already Accepted
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That's not what "min" requirement means.

Min requirement means the min required "to get the game running," which you have done. It does run. It boots up and the game is working. However, min requirement does not mean it will run without errors, it will run smooth, or it will still run if you use mods or worlds larger than their EA worlds, etc... The min requirement is also for base game only without additional add-ons. And also that page is more or less outdated by today's standard.

For example, first time I ran TS3 was on a GPU that did not have 2.0 shader. So despite having a CPU, RAM, etc... all matching the min requirement, but the GPU without 2.0 shader simply would not run. The game gives me an error, telling me my GPU does not support 2.0 shader and thus the game cannot run.

---------

Yes, your system CAN run the game. I ran it on an even weaker system before with a Celeron 1.5 single core, 768MB of RAM, and on an Intel GMA 910 GPU. It ran. It ran like shit, but it ran. It was extremely volatile, crashes randomly and constantly, I had to be very careful with it. I squeezed the computer out as much as I could. It took 30 mins to load, 50 mins to save, and gets like 3 FPS. But it ran and it ran at my expectation.

Your problem is, you are expecting your system to run the game perfectly, which it will not. You have 4GB of RAM on Win 10/11, the virtual ram cache limit is 1GB, which leaves you with only 3GB of RAM, then the OS itself takes another GB, leaving you 2. Then you are also running on Intel HD, which takes even more RAM away for VRAM. Leaving you close to 1-1.5GB of RAM to run this game.

Will it run? YES. But it will run like shit and very volatile, easily to crashes and errors, especially when you are trying to run the New York World, which is one of the largest custom world out there. One that I refuse to run on my i7 with 16GB of RAM and Nvidia GPU.

We have repeatedly told you this again and again, but for some reason you are continuously defiant to the "facts" we are giving you. Your system is not physically capable of handling the game in the performance you desire. You need to accept that and move on. Either just accept how it runs now or upgrade your RAM.

I will accept that.

Anyways, i run the game, just seeing that is working and running perfectly, i just get a maximum of 71 FPS and a minimum of 20 to any decrease number when i'm on a very large city, in this case New York City, the game can reach a maximum of 2,0 GB when on a very large city due to 95 if any number of memory of this computer, so, this calculates that this game can run, but with a not too much FPS drops and the game is still laggy because of the Intergated Graphics Card (Intel® HD Graphics), the game slows a bit not too much little and just having all of the graphics in-game to Very Low, i use Pagefile for my C: with the rest of D: (Which my game is on a D: a HDD) doesn't have a Pagefile, the upgrade of the RAM, i will try to not too much buy and upgrading the RAM to 32 GB, which is a maximum RAM that my computer can support, but i cannot buy because of Young Age, OK? I even talk too much right now.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2022 at 3:19 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th May 2022 at 6:20 AM.
Here in the US, it would cost around $15 USD to upgrade that system to 8 GB. A bit more, of course, for 16 GB. You don't need 32 GB for TS3, the excess will not help unless you are trying to run intensive programs alongside of the game. And you don't need a new hard drive to stop the instability crashing, but you do need to free up around 20 GB of space on your system drive (given your most recent dxdiag) from what you have stored on it now.

You keep mentioning RAM speed and fps drops. These are not the important factors for this kind of game. Insufficient RAM for your operating system and the programs you wish to run makes the game unstable, not just slow. Your report also does not indicate the presence of a D drive, which is where you say the game is installed. Is it a removable external drive that was not present when the dxdiag was run? If so, that is another source of slowness and possibly instability. External connections, no matter how good, will always introduce latency that just isn't there with internal drives

The Optiplexes in that series are great, I have an entire network of them that I manage at work and they are certainly built to last. And a few of them are as old as the one you have, although with at least 8 GB each. The problem is that they were made for business application purposes, not graphics intensive gaming, and like all systems they do eventually age out and become obsolete. I would never give a user a Win 10 or higher workstation with 4 GB on which to run even just MS Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, and a web browser as they are not going to have a good experience with it.

I realize you are not in the US, but honestly, it can't be that much more for a simple RAM chip or two where you are. Is there really no one who can help you order one to keep things going on it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th May 2022 at 1:34 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 31st May 2022 at 9:42 PM.
Default Talking About The Upgrade As I Cannot Do Because Of The YA And PrimoCache On Action
I'm from PT (Portugal) and for the reason, no body helps me doing the RAM upgrade.

I search from the Internet about the RAM upgrade, but i finded it, it is Cluster... (Maybe that's the correct name, i don't know), i could actually buy, the problem is Young Age, and really talking Young Age doesn't make sense to all of them, OK?

I just have 4.0 GB of RAM, so upgrading was easy, but YA, you know that YA, and so i cannot upgrade.

As i know that OptiPlexs are now new and vintage too old, i could see that i running a 2013 OptiPlex 7010, so, it's business only and not gaming.

And, of course, the HDD, i have C: which is Windows 11 installed, D: which is my Software and Games are installed. So, upgrading must be helped with loading times, because i just hate loading times, like 13:30, 15:56 and 19:48, OK? I know that a HDD really slow the loading times, but with a SSD or M.2... Really makes the loading times improved due to Read and Write things.

I also tested PrimoCache, you maybe don't know this program? I just tested it, creating a cache task for my D: and later on C:, using CrystalDiskMark and it really improve the Read and Write things due to RAM usage, but, of course, it really doesn't improve the loading times speed, but it's good and worth it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th May 2022 at 2:44 PM
@David Manaia Perhaps you could save some money (do some chores for relatives perhaps to earn money) or ask for money instead of a birthday gift?
The best place always to get information about your computer is from the manufacturers website. I remember that you had a Dell Optiplex 7010, is that correct? If so, the manufacturer has downloads for the PDF user manual for your computer in all of the form factors (case sizes) that it came in.
https://www.dell.com/support/home/e...iplex-7010/docs
On the right of the Manuals & Documents page you will see you can select Portugese, and then view the PDF for the user manual. Choose the one that is the right size- PC, mini tower, small form factor etc. Then, look for the right part in that manual- Directrizes sobre módulos de memória. Look, it has pictures telling you how to remove and install RAM:

The images might be a bit different for the different case types, as the tower one looks different from the desktop and small form factor. So look at the right one for your computer.

So turn off your computer and unplug it, remove the case cover (there are full instructions for that in the manual too), and pop out one of the sticks of RAM. Look at the label on it- perhaps it looks a bit like this?

The label tells you what type of RAM it is, how fast it is, and the capacity (for example 2GB). Then you can go onto a site such as Amazon Portugal and put that information in- I just put in 'RAM Dell Optiplex 7010' in the search bar and it gives me this:
https://www.amazon.com/Optiplex-Des...h/dp/B00VO57L8E
But of course you might be able to find the size you want and the price you want on other websites.
So that will give you an idea of how much it would cost for different capacities, and the owners manual you downloaded tells you how to install your new RAM when you get it.

I know you might not be able to afford this (I need more for my computer, it is expensive!), but at least you have the manual and can learn how to do things on your computer. For Dell computers it is really important to get the manual, as they have all sorts of levers and caddies and screws and widgets in their cases that are different from any other brand. You should also match your RAM, so if you want 8GB try to get two identical sticks of 4GB. If you install different speeds, they will operate at the speed of the slowest one.

If I got this wrong and you actually have another computer, then tell us what and we can help you to find out about that one, too!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th May 2022 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Manaia
And, of course, the HDD, i have C: which is Windows 11 installed, D: which is my Software and Games are installed. So, upgrading must be helped with loading times, because i just hate loading times, like 13:30, 15:56 and 19:48, OK? I know that a HDD really slow the loading times, but with a SSD or M.2... Really makes the loading times improved due to Read and Write things.

You do not have a D drive of any kind reporting in on your dxdiag report. If you really have two internal drives then that's great but I am confused as to why the report isn't showing that. It's showing one internal HDD of 512 GB, the C drive, and it's almost full (too full). A system only drive would not take up 512 GB.

If D is an external drive (example, USB external), that will be the cause of slowness and instability. You did not answer this question. Yes, an internal SSD would help with startup and certain game functons like CAS, pattern, and Build/Buy loading, but it's not required for TS3. Most players would prefer their game to be slow to startup but stable than fast but unstable and throwing errors or crashing all over the place.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st May 2022 at 9:33 PM
Default Removed Most Of CC, Mods And Turned All The Graphics Settings To Very Low
The game runs better when i don't have some mods or CC, i just removed about 200 mods and CC and i have only 82 mods without CC at least. I also turned down all the graphics to very low. It might work right now.

Note: I still have InstalledWorlds (Worlds That I Have Installed Inculding NonPackages (Base Game) Folder) and DCCache (Store Content).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 5:44 PM
Default New DxDiag
Here's a new DxDiag which contains now the C: and D: disk drives, OK?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (73.3 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: New DxDiag from my computer. (I disabled Virtual Memory today, so, there's still the Pagefile.sys)