Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 3:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Skins with too many colour options, how to remove some?
Long shot, searched for days for an answer to this but I've downloaded a few realistic skins, very few. When I go into CAS I get far too many swatches and it's laborious to go through them to get the right one. I have some that are green hues, purple hues, etc, I don't want them. The question, is there a way in S3PE or any other method of removing certain colour ramps from skins. I can't explain right because I have no clue what I'm talking about, no real experience with skins (yes I know it's sad). I mean the coloured circles (swatches) that you select in CAS, how to I get rid of some?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 11:25 PM
Does your own non default skin mod have its face texture too? Deleting one or several of skin textures with S3PE is quite difficult since most of skin mods come with their own face textures, so if you remove one colour swatch, you'll have to remove its related face texture too, otherwise you might run into graphical glitch, or worse crash.

Alternatively, if you're too troubled with it, you could simply get the default version, provided the author created one.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
this is a mod issue, doesn't belong in the help forum. Likely you can contact the creator or post in modding/general forum.

However, taking a quick look at one of the custom skins I have. It included 4 tones, which is what the 4 things you will see in that selection. Removing the textures causes problems, but the TONE file is what set the skin. Delete the TONE you don't want from the package file.

OK so I'll go work out how to do that, or maybe just wait and see if someone tells me how to do it. I could swear I posted this in the CC help forum because I wanted help with CC, I don't want to create skins. Thanks for your reply
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 12:11 PM
Oh right, you could remove the TONE and IMAG files inside the skin package with S3PE. But honestly, I never try messing around with skin mods, for fear of glitch and crash, and all of my non default skin mods were packaged with Skininator by their respective owners.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Long shot, searched for days for an answer to this but I've downloaded a few realistic skins, very few. When I go into CAS I get far too many swatches and it's laborious to go through them to get the right one. I have some that are green hues, purple hues, etc, I don't want them. The question, is there a way in S3PE or any other method of removing certain colour ramps from skins. I can't explain right because I have no clue what I'm talking about, no real experience with skins (yes I know it's sad). I mean the coloured circles (swatches) that you select in CAS, how to I get rid of some?

Not 100% sure, but I believe that you can open and edit an existing skins package in Skininator, and save it with all of the instance ID's of the original package. That way, your Sims that use those skins should keep them, and not turn that wierd shade of black from a missing skin. This would include things like removing custom tones or unchecking preset tones. Although if you remove a particular tone that they use, I am not sure of the result.

Of course, whever doing anything to an original file, package, whatever, make a back up copy first, in case things go sideways!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Oh right, you could remove the TONE and IMAG files inside the skin package with S3PE. But honestly, I never try messing around with skin mods, for fear of glitch and crash, and all of my non default skin mods were packaged with Skininator by their respective owners.

Just tried that and what I have is the dots are still there but those ones are black skin, like when you delete a skin. S3PE isn't the way forward, I could try skininator. Didn't blow my game up though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Not 100% sure, but I believe that you can open and edit an existing skins package in Skininator, and save it with all of the instance ID's of the original package. That way, your Sims that use those skins should keep them, and not turn that wierd shade of black from a missing skin. This would include things like removing custom tones or unchecking preset tones. Although if you remove a particular tone that they use, I am not sure of the result.

Of course, whever doing anything to an original file, package, whatever, make a back up copy first, in case things go sideways!!!

I think skininator my next try, downloaded it last night. I tried S3PE and answered above that you still have all the dots in the selector, what I got there was the dots are still there but it's black/missing skin for those dots, the other ones not deleted work fine though. I'd leave it but the purpose was to reduce the number of dots on the selector and I really don't need green and purple skin tones.