Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Glimmer : 7th Sep 2022 at 4:22 AM.
Default No relationship gain from guitar/instrument watching
I'm trying to have my sim make a living by playing his guitar for tips, eventually forming a band down the line. One thing that bothers me though is the rapid relationship gain with those that watch him whenever he performs. I'm using NRaas Relativity which I think is exacerbating the issue since I can play for tips a lot longer. After playing for tips on the sidewalk a few times in a busy area it seems like I end up being friends with half the town. I currently use MasterController to purge relationships with sims I have absolutely no interest in so that they won't call me, but this quickly becomes tedious.

So does anyone know of a mod that prevents this relationship gain, or if there's a way of getting the same effect using NRaas Retuner then even better, but I've poked around with Retuner and couldn't find any solutions.

Edit: I may have found what I'm looking for via Retuner. I'll need to test it but it seems like setting Tunable XML -> Sims3.Gameplay.Actors -> Sim+WatchTippablePerformance -> kWatchTuning -> LikingIncreaseForWatchPlaying to 0 might work. The default value is 5, and there's another field called MinutesForLikingGain which is set to 30, so it sounds like every 30 minutes the relationship increases by 5 with the person watching/playing

Edit 2: So modifying those values didn't seem to do anything. I'm not actually sure what WatchTippablePerformance pertains to but it had no effect on watching me play the guitar for tips. I did find a similar set of tuning under Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbieSkills -> Guitar+Watch -> kWatchTuning though which did have an impact. I once again tried setting LikingIncreaseForWatchPlaying under there to 0, and while this did prevent relationships from building, the game was still adding sims to my relationship panel as acquaintances with a relationship value of 0, which was still annoying. I then tried modifying MinutesForLikingGain instead. I tried values of 0 and -1 for that field initially which didn't work. It instead caused the sims to get added to my relationship panel instantly as soon as they started watching me. Setting a really high value for this field seems like the solution. I set it to 9999 and the game stopped adding the watchers to my relationship panel. Hopefully that timer resets whenever I stop playing and isn't cumulative.

I'm gonna mark this as solved since I've seemingly found a working solution. For other instruments you'd just have to modify the tuning for {YourInstrumentHere}+Watch instead of Guitar+Watch.