Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 8:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can't leave vacation early after buying house
I sent my sims on a vacation to egypt with the traveler mod installed. On the first day I used Master Controller to give them a higher Visa level and bought a house. After playing for a couple of sim days I decided to go home early (I'm on day 3 of 11). But the option to go back home does not appear. When I restart the game, the option is available but greyed out, saying that the traveling family isn't active. When I click away and then back on the computer the option is gone.

Is that because of the mod or because I bought a house? I thought buying a house would not make my household move...I do have backups from before they went, but I found so many gems and coins that I'd rather fix this problem. Or is it simply not possible to end a vacation earlier than planned?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:43 PM
There is no MasterController command to set Visa levels. Perhaps you used NRaas DebugEnabler?

But anyway, this sounds unusual. What happens if you successfully move into that vacation home you purchased, if you haven't already done so? That doesn't make the WA world your homeworld, it just shifts your sims' stay from the Base Camp or wherever they now are to the new vacation home. That is, as long as you don't invoke Traveler's Change Homeworld command nor a MC Add Sim command. It seems that the game/mod "knows" your are in vacation mode but has lost track of which household is the traveling party.

Other things to check -- under the NRaas Traveler menu, is the travel clock paused (to return home it should not be) and is Treat as Vacation still on True (it needs to be so)?

Can you change active gameplay to another household temporarily and then back again or does that somehow make things worse?

What homeworld do your sims live in? Some custom worlds don't play well with Traveler, others are fine with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is no MasterController command to set Visa levels. Perhaps you used NRaas DebugEnabler?

Oh yes, sorry, mixed those two up (I have both).

But anyway, this sounds unusual. What happens if you successfully move into that vacation home you purchased, if you haven't already done so? That doesn't make the WA world your homeworld, it just shifts your sims' stay from the Base Camp or wherever they now are to the new vacation home. That is, as long as you don't invoke Traveler's Change Homeworld command nor a MC Add Sim command. It seems that the game/mod "knows" your are in vacation mode but has lost track of which household is the traveling party.
Other things to check -- under the NRaas Traveler menu, is the travel clock paused (to return home it should not be) and is Treat as Vacation still on True (it needs to be so)?

I already moved in right after I bought it and played for 3 more sim days. Then I noticed that I could not go home. I did not change anything else, all traveler settings are still as they are supposed to be.

Can you change active gameplay to another household temporarily and then back again or does that somehow make things worse?

I can't, the button to switch households doesn't show up (neither egypt nor my hometown when I enter it during edit town).

What homeworld do your sims live in? Some custom worlds don't play well with Traveler, others are fine with it.

They live in Roaring Heights. They have been on a couple of vacations, including egypt, so I would assume it doesn't have anything to do with the homeworld. It's just their first time living in a vacation home so I thought that somehow broke it.

Some other notes:
I tried to reset the vacation world, but that did not help.
Without saving that, I started the last save again and tried moving them to a different town via computer - I can actually move and travel, but only to the "fresh" worlds and not back to my hometown.
I then decided to just wait out the remaining days but after the 11 days are over, nothing happens (no notification or anything) and they continue to stay in egypt.
Also weird, according to the adventure journal I have only been to egypt 1 day, so apparently time has somehow stopped when I moved into the house.
I'm now checking if anything in my inventory is causing this bug.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenStar
I can't, the button to switch households doesn't show up (neither egypt nor my hometown when I enter it during edit town).

Edit Town is not required to switch active households. Can you do a MC switch? (the other mods that allow for this, if you have them, are StoryProgression, Selector, and PortaitPanel). But this is still very strange. It might be helpful to know if the MC command, for example, even shows up.

Other than that, you may have to bring this issue to us at NRaas for our developer to see. There may be some debug routines and their resulting logs he would like to ask for, from where your gameplay is in Al Simhara.