Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 5:10 AM Last edited by t888 : 4th Jan 2022 at 7:31 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Can't Turn Off Enable Usage Sharing
Every time I go to options, either from main menu or in-game, and turn off Enable Usage Sharing and click accept and go back to look at the options again then there it is checked on again. I want it off. How do I keep it off?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 5:30 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 28th Dec 2021 at 3:10 PM.
Also, and I know this'll sound strange, but when you go to start your game - click on the shortcut and choose to start with administrator privileges.

For whatever weird reason, the Usage Sharing option won't stick if you don't do this. I only figured this out a year or so again from a random post online. But it really works, try it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
make sure your options.ini is not read only.

I checked and its not read only.

Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Also, and I know this'll sound strange, but when you go to start your game - click on the shortcut and choose to start with administrator privileges.

For whatever weird reason, the Usage Sharing option won't stick if you don't do this. I only figures this out a year or so again from a random post online. But it really works, try it.

That worked! That was what it needed! Thanks gano!