Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 7:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Widescreen Resolution, CAS/Stylist, and Where Are My Feet?
Okay, let's get the official stuff out of the way first.

What operating system you are running? Windows 10 Home
Your processor's type and speed: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16-core, 32-thread, 3.75 GHz
The amount of RAM you have: 16 GB
The type of graphics card you have: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5, driver 30.0.14.9729, dated 15 December 2021 (up-to-date)

On to my problem, which is really more of a pain in my butt than an actual problem, so I'm not having gameplay issues except frustration. I have a beautiful LG widescreen monitor and my native resolution is 2560x1080 (21:9 ratio). My Sims3 game runs perfectly in that resolution, and looks amazing.

Well, I say it runs perfectly, but with ONE glaring exception: CAS/Stylist. I cannot zoom out far enough to see my sim's footwear, so I have no clue what they're wearing and if they're wearing red shoes with a green outfit, making them look like Christmas in the middle of summer. And forget using the pattern tool to click-and-drag the pattern scheme of one item of clothing onto the shoes to match...because I can't see the feet!

I hope someone else with a 21:9 monitor who's had this issue can tell me what simple error I've made so I can go back to designing sims in CAS and have their damn shoes match.

Thanks very much in advance. Serious replies, commiseration, and smartass remarks all welcome.