Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 20th Jan 2022 at 7:54 AM.
Default Build Item Slots
I have changed the slot positions on Buy Mode Items several times - a little by trial and error to find the correct height or width/breadth position for the object I am converting.

At the moment I am working between two projects - one is The Sims neighborhood (eternally grateful for the creators who have made The Sims objects e.g. SuperStar Set by Travis).

I have downloaded a small white fence, however the post slots are still at the regular fence height when I try to place an outdoor light on them, no worries I thought as I should be able to change the slot height.
In SimPE, when I open the item and check in CRES, there are three to choose from - diagonal, post and fence. Slot Values are all zero for X, Y and Z.
As the light is placed on a post, I tried changing the Z value from zero to -2.00000 - but there was no change in-game using the new version of the fence.
I tried changing the diagonal plus fence Z slot values also to -2.00000; but in-game light still being placed at regular fence height (white picket fence). If this was for a Buy Mode object, my choice of slot position could be wrong but at least I would able to see the new position of the light and have another guess to correct the position.
I then tried changing X, Y and Z slot values to -2.00000 for the diagonal, post and fence to see if that would change the light position in-game - no change despite using this version of the fence.
I appreciate build objects are different from buy objects (no GUID) as I have created a few fences.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Update: Why has this post being moved from The Sims2 Object Workshop and Repair Forum to Modding as surely this is a fix?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8

Update: Why has this post being moved from The Sims2 Object Workshop and Repair Forum to Modding as surely this is a fix?

Because the Workshop and Repair forum is for assistance in fixing something, with the package attached. This is simply help with slots.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Because the Workshop and Repair forum is for assistance in fixing something, with the package attached. This is simply help with slots.

Hello @HugeLunatic
Thank you for your reply to my question about why this post was moved.

It is not actually my fence object - it is a download from this site created years ago which was why I didn't attach it. Also the creator hasn't visited the site for some time.
My post is more in a general way for all fences and how to move the slot position. So far the two fences I have made (TS4_TS2 conversions) were the same height as the fence I cloned from - so no issues about placing a light on the fence if I wanted to.
I appreciate you are an expert on slots, so hope you can help?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The slot for lights on fence posts is set by the height of the fence post.

Hello @HugeLunatic
Thank you for your reply and advice - good to know my first instinct to make changes to the post was correct.
I will have another go at making changes to the post - even if I could generate some kind of movement of the light position would be great.