Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 11:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default YA/A Body But Teen Lifestate?
As the title says, is there a mod or a way to trick the game into allowing a sim with an adult body/rig to be a "teenager" such as go to school? I assume if there was an easy way i would of found it but i thought it never hurts to ask here.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why do you want one? Just curious.

And also this is the tech help forum, so not exactly sure you'll get a lot of of response here. try general forum or modding forum maybe even WCIF.

Sorry for the wrong forum, but i'd like it as i hate the teen rigs in the sims 3 and the lack of cc. Id also like to be able to have more options for them.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sadurino
Sorry for the wrong forum, but i'd like it as i hate the teen rigs in the sims 3 and the lack of cc. Id also like to be able to have more options for them.

you mean you want teens to have the same builds, ie height, weight and muscle/fitness builds as adults do like the Sims 4? I think they look fine like real teenagers. Sure they don't have many outfit options without custom contents and there's also a mod to fix muscle slider on teen.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 10:34 PM
Short answer... yes, Nraas (I think) Master Controller has CAS options to allow teens to wear adult clothing, beards, accessories, as well as elders to wear adult items.

Long answer, it doesn't look good (unless you only want teens to have adult boobs, and don't care about overall appearance of the Sims). Adult and teen meshes are different (although the UV is basically the same), and seams at the neck, waist and ankles do not blend, leaving a visible line that can only be fixed by matching seams in Blender (I use) or probably Milkshape. Also, the game has a hidden slider set that adjusts the proportions of teens, as the two meshes are the same general height in Blender. This makes teens using adult meshes appear short and squatty (I do not know another way to describe). Some of the odd proportions can be "fixed" using a bunch of sliders, but when the teen ages up, you are back in CAS, "de-adjusting" them.