Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 5:39 PM
Default CC Magic on Mac Under Wine?
Wondering if, in 2022*, anyone has had success in getting CC Magic to run in a winebottle. I got it (Inelegantly) to boot-up - it was graphically buggy but it ran, so after a few tastes I happily started sorting all my CC into different types - hair, objects, clothing etc and then had CC Magic REBUILD it - at which point it started crashing and crashing and no-doubt causing all sorts of issues which I am still trying to untangle working backwards from uncompleted rebuild.

So - has anyone had success in getting it to run stably? If so, what exactly did you do? Does anyone know of CC MAgic alternatives that might run better for me? Thank you in advance.

*I did peruse the 'getting utilities to run on Mac' thread, but it's from 2009 and pretty outdated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 2:29 AM
Wow, that is really old. What a bummer. I have just been adding CC to my iMac 24" M1 one package file at a time. Some of it works and some doesn't. I haven't seen a pattern.

I am now using an iMac 24 inch with an M1 chip
and playing The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 Super Collection. Just started playing again.