Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Won't Start (Windows 11)
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Windows 11 or not considering that the game would start and play just fine after upgrading to it 2 weeks ago. But I noticed the problem started immediately after me upgrading my PC's RAM from 8GB to 16GB which is very strange to me...other than that I have no idea what could be causing this issue.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 6:52 PM
Have you tried the usual, like deleting cache files?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:06 PM
Do you get any errors or does it simply not do anything? If it's the latter, try simmer22's suggestion, which is to delete Groups.cache and Accessory.cache in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the usual, like deleting cache files?

Yes, I have.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Do you get any errors or does it simply not do anything? If it's the latter, try simmer22's suggestion, which is to delete Groups.cache and Accessory.cache in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\.

Well, I click it and a loading circle appears but nothing happens :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:18 PM
Update: I didn't realize that my repeatedly clicking on it to launch was generating new cache files and once I deleted them, the game loaded (finally!) ^^; Thanks for everyone's help!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:23 PM
If you've done any changes to the GraphicRules and such before upgrading, have you updated that info? It's possible the texture memory and/or a few other things being wrong in the file can cause the game not to load properly, but I'm not 100% certain which bits of info.

(If you do this, keep a backup of the GraphicRules file that used to work until you've tested out the changes, just in case you get any issues with the new one).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you've done any changes to the GraphicRules and such before upgrading, have you updated that info? It's possible the texture memory and/or a few other things being wrong in the file can cause the game not to load properly, but I'm not 100% certain which bits of info.

(If you do this, keep a backup of the GraphicRules file that used to work until you've tested out the changes, just in case you get any issues with the new one).

Oh, no I haven't, I probably should look into it considering that my game just crashed a couple of minutes ago lol.