Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Master Clock (A Custom-Time Alarm Clock)

by jcgurango Posted 14th Jul 2013 at 4:43 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2013 at 4:40 AM by jcgurango

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 6:19 PM
Great idea! I'll definitely be giving this a try! ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 7:32 PM
Awesome. any thoughts on maybe having this assigned to particular sims as well so they can get up at a certain time?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 2:27 AM
I hate that ea's alarm clock never wakes them in enough time to eat, shower and use the toilet. I like my sims to wake an hour earlier then the default, so this is absolutely perfect for my needs...thank you for sharing :-)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:21 AM
Thanks for the scripted object you've made, jcgurango
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:43 AM
Very useful. Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 7:26 AM
Yes, very useful. But many countries do not use AM-PM system. Actually I don't know what's 'AM' and what's 'PM'. "Two PM" is 02:00 or 14:00? I'll confuse it every time. So I can't use it in game. Sad =(

I think this mod needs also a 24-hour version.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:24 AM
I see a gold star in your future.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002
Awesome. any thoughts on maybe having this assigned to particular sims as well so they can get up at a certain time?

That already is the case. You can choose a time for all Sims, or assign the alarm clock and its time to a certain Sim.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peeqa
Yes, very useful. But many countries do not use AM-PM system. Actually I don't know what's 'AM' and what's 'PM'. "Two PM" is 02:00 or 14:00? I'll confuse it every time. So I can't use it in game. Sad =(

I think this mod needs also a 24-hour version.

AM is morning, PM is afternoon. So 2 AM = 2:00 and 2PM = 14:00.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lydocia
That already is the case. You can choose a time for all Sims, or assign the alarm clock and its time to a certain Sim.

Actually that "Set..." option is just the default EA interaction. I neglected to say that in the OP, sorry.

Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002

I'm thinking of doing that in the future.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 12:44 AM
What a clever idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:08 PM
Ohmy thanks for making this mod, I've always wanted to be able to do simple things like this! Maybe now you could try things like, opening windows or drawing curtains :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 12:46 AM
OMG Thank you sooooo much! I hate the default alarm clocks and not being able to choose the time! Though I really hope you consider making it (or another version) to be assigned to a specific sim because one save file one sim has a Day/morning job and their significant other has a night job, so they wake up at two completely different times! :D

I am still going to download this for children, single sims, or sims with jobs at the same time! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:19 PM
This is awesome ^_^ Now I can wake up my teen and child sims for school at any time! xD
Sockzz!
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:09 AM
Thanks! I hate how my sims wake up at the wrong time because of their alarm clocks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 7:53 PM
I really needed this, my sim just got a job and almost lost it due to being late to work so many times because he would never wake up when hes supposed to. Thanks! :)
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:20 PM
Thank You.
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:26 PM
This is absolutely FAB! You shouldn't have had to make it though, it should be a standard feature. I don't have to resort to detonating the clock anymore, thank you!
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:13 PM
Thanks for a brilliant idea
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:14 PM
Thank you! It was driving me absolutely nuts that you can't set EA alarm clocks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 7:24 PM
Simply efficient. I always hated the standard EA clocks, finally I can set alarms for events, too. Self-employed Sims always have a problem of taking track of those...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 1:30 AM
Thanks! Once again mods fixing features left out of the game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:01 AM
This really should have been included from the start. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 8:26 PM
YES! AT LAST! I have a Sim who's alarm clock does no work correctly. He does no have to be to work till 3pm so his clock should go off at 1pm but instead it goes off at 10am. I've tried removing the clock and buying a new one but it does not fix the problem. This will.

Dyn & Lynn
Page 1 of 2