Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#626 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:40 PM
fierceredicyblue & JewelzEyes - Newer versions of SimPE seem to default to strange settings in the Resource Finder. Make sure that when you're in the Resource Finder, "Find" is set to "NameMap Search" and "Type" is set to "Contains [Match]" - if you set it to that and then search for afbodydresslongloose, you should find it.

natwel - That's the point of this tutorial... just to remove the little dangly-thing on the back. It's supposed to be a very very simple, easy project, mostly to get you used to the steps involved in creating a custom mesh and get a working custom mesh into the game - more about nuts and bolts than true editing. More on actual editing techniques are covered in the next two tutorials. The file type you'll be importing and exporting in Milkshape is either a .5gd file or a .simpe file - doesn't really matter which one it exports as, Unimesh will take either one.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#627 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:33 PM
Hey, I've gone through all the steps... But the tie is still there. It says it is not there in milkshape. Any suggestions?

Oh and I think you should add that you need to uncheck ignore backfaces when you are selecting the verticles... because I did not know that and it took alot of digging to figure it out.
Test Subject
#628 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 6:23 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked but I am lazy and didn't read all pages that asked questions.

I have finished everything this tutorial told me, I had no problems what so ever. When i went to test the mesh out there was no changes. I did save in SimPe, I did import/extract delete dangly-thing in milkshape. No weight errors, nothing!
I just don't seem to get the changes done, am I supposed to save the SimPE file some where else other than The Extracted GMDC file?

Valerie
Field Researcher
#629 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:53 AM
Thank you for your great tutorials. If have tried it today and it works great. :D

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Test Subject
#630 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesignVal
I am sorry if this has been asked but I am lazy and didn't read all pages that asked questions.

I have finished everything this tutorial told me, I had no problems what so ever. When i went to test the mesh out there was no changes. I did save in SimPe, I did import/extract delete dangly-thing in milkshape. No weight errors, nothing!
I just don't seem to get the changes done, am I supposed to save the SimPE file some where else other than The Extracted GMDC file?

Valerie

Same exact problem here. I am sure I followed every instruction; I'd read them like five times over to make sure I understood them. Still, I have a tassel-thing which should be gone!
Test Subject
#631 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM
Erm. Either I am extremely stupid (don't answer that. :p) or I simply don't have a Resource Finder?

I vaguely recall using this tool in earlier versions of SimPE, but now that I've installed the updated version for Free Time, I seem to be missing it. Or am I just not understanding correctly? o.O;
retired moderator
#632 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 9:32 AM
Heytara, DesignVal, icangowithyou - Mesh changes not showing up can be due to several reasons:

- You mesh is not properly linked to your recolour in your 3DIR. Relink the CRES and SHPE in the 3DIR.
- You didn't properly export your modified mesh from Milkshape using Unimesh. Re-export the GMDC and replace it in your mesh file.
- You didn't properly replace the modified mesh in your mesh file. Replace the GMDC in your mesh file again.
- Your mesh file didn't get placed in your Downloads folder. Make sure you move it in before testing your mesh.
- You need to delete your groups.cache, cigen.package, and accessory.cache files due to an issue with it keeping a copy of your old mesh and not properly updating.

Try the above, and if that doesn't fix it, try starting over.

twisted FATE - Scenegraph Resource Finder, with the binoculars. They changed the name. Make sure you set it to NameMap Search when using it as it now defaults to Object Search.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#633 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:32 AM
Aha! I must not be getting enough sleep. Thank you, HP!
Test Subject
#634 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:14 AM
Thank you so much, it's a great tutorial.May I translate it into Chinese and post it on Chinese player's BBS?
Lab Assistant
#635 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:50 AM
Hi can someone please help ?, I don't know what I have done wrong

my mesh and all my adjustments are showing in the game, and so is the recolour I made, but have a look at the picture. the arms and neck, it looks well very blocky

what did I do wrong?, I did not even touch the arms or neck

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/.../notworking.jpg
Lab Assistant
#636 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:52 AM
never mind, just found out I have to delete the whole thing and start again
Test Subject
#637 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:01 PM
YAAAYYY!!! That was really really cool! Thanks 4 showing me how to finally get that weird dangly thing off that dress!!! Whooo-Hoooo!

Trixxi Starr says...
Quote:
"Fallen in the fields of battle the soldier asks, 'Who will remember me? Who will remember me??'
Lab Assistant
#638 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:51 PM
Meshing with new MIlkshape
Thanks for the excellent tutorial, used the new versions of SimPE and Milkshape (4.09). As some have mentioned SimPE PE does look different but works OK, if others hav'n't used it the PJ Body Mesh Tool makes extracting the bits you need very quick. A couple of things when I used the new Milkshape:-

Once you select the options (e.g. joint size) it stores them, they come up with that selection next time you open it

After you select the bits you want (i.e. the dangly bits in the tutorial), you can do frame select on the two right hand viewports, when I did that on the others (left hand) it deselected them, so backed off that.

When you come to delete, the keyboard delete didn't work, Milkshape seemed to think it had, but dangly bits were still there and couldn't be selected again. But under edit there is a delete selected items command, used this and it worked fine.

Bill Bailey

already home

learning how to
Test Subject
#639 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:35 PM
I'm so confused?? couldn't even get past the first few steps!

I need a tutorial where it explains everything in heaps of detail. I have NO IDEA about how to use SimPE or Milkshape !

I need help
retired moderator
#640 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:58 PM
Loo-La - This tutorial explains every little thing you need to do from start to finish. As it says right in the first post, "Meshing is DIFFICULT." If a full tutorial with pictures for every step and explaining everything in detail is too complicated, then meshing is not for you.

Test Subject
#641 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:13 PM
I've tried this about 4 times now and it still doesn't seem to be working.

I get through all the step with out trouble until you have to check whether or not you still have a working package or not.

Everything looks fine until i click on the thumbnail and then either it's become something else or has lost a bit of itself.

I don't know whether it's me or my computer, but i seem to have a lot of difficulty with these things.

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
retired moderator
#642 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:34 PM
What do you mean by "something else or has lost a bit of itself", sesshomaru? Are you getting a different Maxis outfit showing up instead of the actual dress that it should be? If so, that is usually a "missing mesh" situation - likely due to leaving your actual mesh file out of your Downloads folder. If it's something else, can you take a picture and show us?

Test Subject
#643 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:36 PM
Okay on step 50 i hav 1 question!
(Right click on the Geometric Data Container and select REPLACE. Choose your new gmdc (named ‘newmesh1.simpe) )

Were Is The GMDC ? Like what do u want me to open... ect.
Test Subject
#644 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:38 PM
Man.. I've Done This 5 Times By My Count. Even With Differant DRESSES! And Im Getting NO WERE!!!! -Sigh- .. Well, Im Not Giving UP. (The Only Part That USUALLY Gets Me Is When We Check To See How GOOD Were Doing In Bodyshop.) I Never Find My CC In There. ;o.
Well, Ill Be Doing This More.. I Guess. See Yuh.
Test Subject
#645 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 6:51 PM
Please Check This Out. Seriouse Issuee.

I Keep Messing Up On Somthing Here. But I DONT Know What It Is. Here Look At These Pics.

Pictures, Tiggerypum Check EM Out.

This is what was shown when i went to check it (RIGHT before we got into milkshape, When we were checking to see how far we gotten And if we were doing good.)

If the image above doesnt show. Then click below.
Click Here!

See, i deleted all my custom content, Cause i decided to start off fresh. I mean by trying to create my OWN and share it with Modthesims2. But.. I Need To figure how to mesh first. And that above came out.. Wrong. It was supposed to come out like..
[B] THIS!

If the above Pic didnt work. Please Click Here. =/\

But of course it didnt!! (Please Note There Was "NO!" Star Next To That. I Made That Star...!)

I Dont KNOW What im doing WRONG! Also.. I Think You Should Look At This TOO! i have the new SimPE.

If the above Code Doesnt Work. Click HERE!

I THINK thats about it.. I will let'cha know OF anything *WEIRD* I find. Well. REPLY ASAP.
Test Subject
#646 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 8:52 PM
Default Yay!
Yay! I FINALLY GOT IT! I Forgot To Push The Vertex One. In Milk. I Had It On Milk!!!!! THANKSSSS! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I LOV U! LMAO!

Jk,
retired moderator
#647 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 9:10 AM
Yowza, Maeyung. Do try to breathe and relax. Meshing works better when calm.

Okay, erm.

Pic #1 shows a different dress because of one of these reasons:
- You chose a different dress to start the project with - not afbodydresslongloose
- It's showing a default Maxis dress because you don't have your mesh file in your Downloads, so it's showing a Maxis dress instead. Usually I wouldn't expect to see that dress - more likely, the red top with white capris pants and sneakers show up, but the missing mesh outfit changes with each EP for some reason, so it could be that.

In pic #2, you are not looking at your project at all (which will be at the beginning of the catalog before all the Maxis stuff, and will have a custom * on it), but the original Maxis project in Body Shop.

In pic #3 you -do- have a property set - it's just that SimPE has changed the way property sets display since the writing of this tutorial. Yes, your last line starts with Category but it -says- Property Set further along in the text.

Please don't double post in future (posting one thing after another without someone else replying). Click the Edit button on your previous post and add or change things instead of making a new post.

Test Subject
#648 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What do you mean by "something else or has lost a bit of itself", sesshomaru? Are you getting a different Maxis outfit showing up instead of the actual dress that it should be? If so, that is usually a "missing mesh" situation - likely due to leaving your actual mesh file out of your Downloads folder. If it's something else, can you take a picture and show us?

it either shows up as the clothes you get when you don't have the mesh for it, or something like that, or it's missing a peice of it's self, like some parts are invisible!

and i don't know how to take pictures.

retired moderator
#649 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:23 AM
sesshomaru121 - Okay, if it's showing up as clothes you don't have the mesh for, then the issue is probably, well, an actually missing mesh. If you don't put your finished mesh file in your Downloads folder when you go to test, Body Shop won't find the mesh, and it'll display a "missing mesh" outfit instead.

If some parts are invisible... I'd say that's probably more likely due to underweight bones. I'm not sure if the newest version of Milkshape still asks you about it, but I know in the past, when you import your mesh for the first time, it will say, "Some skin weights do not total 100%. Do you want these corrected?" You must click Yes when it says that if you get that popup, or you will have vertices in your mesh that do not have bone assignments that are fully 100% - i.e., underweight. Anything that's underweight will be invisible in Body Shop.

To take pictures in Body Shop, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. This will basically copy your entire screen. Then open any graphics editing program (even Paint will do), make a new file, and paste (ctrl-v) into it. Save the result as a .jpg file, and then upload it to any image host. photobucket works if you have an account there (it's free) or you can use modyourpanties.com for hosting for MTS2. Then just paste the image address into a new message.

Test Subject
#650 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 2:14 PM Last edited by sesshomaru121 : 20th Apr 2008 at 2:49 PM.
Okay, now it's working.

this is how it looks in body shop:

and this is what was happening before:

okay, now that i got to the milkshape part, i'm having problems with that.

urgh, this never ends..

i get to the part where you have only the verticies of the dangly thing selected and are getting ready to delete it.....

everything looks good and i press delete.....

and it ends up like this...

i have no idea what's wrong now....

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: New, updated tutorial available.
Page 26 of 28