Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 19
Field Researcher
#151 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sausebrause
anytime when I try to save the game it chrashed the computer shut down an restart by self ....

This problem is not caused by an hack. It's impossible that an hack chrased the whole pc........Perhaps you have a *bench* of damaged ram and when the pc tries to use that corrupt portion of the ram it restart by self.

Try to put some different items into your downloads, play a long ( make sure your pc use more ram) and than try to save, if your pc shut down again probably the problem is the corrupt ram.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 12:12 AM
"Plan... Outerwear" option is missing-one answer
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Terhen, please do this test: when you see that the "Plan... Outerwear" option is missing, immediately click on a normal Maxis dresser, and check if the option is missing from the Maxis dresser too.

I ask this, because our Coat Hook uses the very same routines as the Maxis dressers, and therefore it should have the same options... I said it should... :P

I had the same problem. I thought it over and proceded to remove "hackes and any modds" I removed the few I could find and found my "Plan... Outerwear" worked fine, on the coat rack and dressers. I added back a hack and/modd (one at a time) played the game to be sure nothing happened and so far, not all are back in downloads but I know now it was one of my modds that was stopping the plan outerwear. :D

There are no short cuts to a place worth going!
Thankyou for your creative works of art.
They are well appreciated. AKA: Tricia
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 12:18 AM
I have had same problem
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
This problem is not caused by an hack. It's impossible that an hack chrased the whole pc........Perhaps you have a *bench* of damaged ram and when the pc tries to use that corrupt portion of the ram it restart by self.

Try to put some different items into your downloads, play a long ( make sure your pc use more ram) and than try to save, if your pc shut down again probably the problem is the corrupt ram.

I am so sorry for fellow Simmer. I have had same problem but it was not ram for me, it was my proccesor was dieing. she could not handle the load I was putting on her on the internet. I had to do lots of research with other coputer to find out my CPU was overclocked, most are by manufacter but this one was tampered with, it was maxed and this will shorten it's life spand by lots. Too bad for me, the tech that did the work had went out of business and it was still under warrenty....

Could very well be RAm or CPU

Good luck friend
Tricia :lovestruc

The ModFather
retired moderator
#154 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:18 AM
You mean that with the Coat Hook and without the LifePreserver... you can save?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:32 AM
le me just say 2 things and Good by BoolProp TestingCheatsEnabled True, good thing i still have allaises, but great.

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Test Subject
#156 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 10:01 AM
I can't get sims to interact with the coat hook. I have no other hacks (moved the folder out and only had this one in downloads), and play with the Uni and NL EP's. I don't play in 2 story houses, but it hasn't worked in single level/foundation or single level/no foundation.
But heh, I like the idea of this item. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rellymailor
I can't get sims to interact with the coat hook. I have no other hacks (moved the folder out and only had this one in downloads), and play with the Uni and NL EP's. I don't play in 2 story houses, but it hasn't worked in single level/foundation or single level/no foundation.
But heh, I like the idea of this item. Thanks.

I think it is to be used with the EP Seasons. Than you would have all the code for the Sims to interact with Coat Rack. I have Season EP and it is working fine, I also have almost 2g of download for my game to sort through and still works fine. :lovestruc

Test Subject
#158 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 9:49 PM
I think you're right pjbrooks. Just have to stick with Christianlov's coat rack.
Test Subject
#159 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou

HI @ all,
now I make a lot of space on my harddisc (40 GB) and now I could safe :lovestruc Thank you all for your help. You are right I think the problem was on my pc not at your amazing hack
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:32 PM
I love your downloads! This is one of teh best! Thanks a lot!

<------------------- www.WALEON.net ------------------->
Test Subject
#161 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:57 PM
Awesome !!! Really good *thumbs up*

°+*~-._ [<3] ~ [<3] _.-~*+°

Everything happens for a reason...

´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`*´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`*´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`
Test Subject
#162 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:17 PM
I have Sims 2 Celebration, and its not compatible *tear* just letting everyone know, because if I did, I wouldn't of added Celebration!
i love this coat rack!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#163 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 1:02 AM
I too have Celebration, and so far it worked fine... Well, there is a problem, that affects some games, where the sims can't reach the Coat Hook, if it's placed in some orientation.
Exactly, what problem are you experiencing? Please try placing the coat hook on different walls, and see if the problem only appears in some positions, or always.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#164 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 10:11 PM
This is Amazing. It looks wonderful. I got so tired of going downtown just to shop when a baby was born. Brilliant!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 10:23 PM
Great space-saver, my simmies rooms are like closets....
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:27 AM
Oh, thank you very much for this! My computer is rather.. ahem.. slow, so it's always a pain when I need to take my sims all the way to another lot and back just to change their outfit for a single screenshot. This will save a lot of time ^-^
Test Subject
#167 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:10 PM
Default Trouble with mod...
I'm having a problem establishing this mod in my game...I have used Q Express, SIMS2 Installer and the old fashioned do it yourself way to get it into my download folder...finally the old fashioned way worked but the mod is not showing up in any folder in my game. I also have the other coat hook and that also is not showing up. I have all the EP's and none of the stuff packs. I've run the accesory for hack conflics and it shows nothing. ANy ideas or opinions? Thanks. I would really really like to have this mod working in my game.
Test Subject
#168 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:22 PM
Fixed it...
Whatever it was fixed itself when I dumped out the other files from my download folder and re-installed fresh. I now have both racks and am looking forward to playing them. I see in some other threads that otheres had general download problems during the last 2 days and I did notice that the files I downloaded previous were smaller than the working files I downloaded today. Must be the the rare rar snatcher....
Test Subject
#169 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:20 PM
Great mod, thank you so much for yours creations!

Gheliane
Test Subject
#170 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Terhen
I'm having a problem with this one. After I have "bought" a bunch of outerwear for the family and try to "plan outerwear", the outerwear-option isn't there anymore. (It was before, since the family had more than one same aged sims of same sex.)

Earlier I had bought outerwear with this coat hook for another family, closed the game and installed whole game again, I COULD plan outerwear. But right after I have bought outerwear to another family, "plan outerwear"-option disappears again.

Problem solved! I had old version of InTeenimator in my game, I tought I deleted all of those files, but obviously I didn't. Now I have done that and this object works fine and I love it!
Test Subject
#171 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:21 PM
amazing! i've always hated to drive all the way to the store just to get an outfit... thnks!!! :]
Test Subject
#172 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 12:04 AM
One of the best things for SEASONS!
Test Subject
#173 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:38 AM
I love this coat rack, it is GREAT getting clothes for free ^_^ but sometimes I try to have my sims use it, and they keep showing the picture of the hook and saying it's in their way, is there some way or some wall i'm supposed to put it on?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#174 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:49 AM
This is a known problem, that affects games that include Nightlife (and possibly other EP). For some unknown reasons, the Coat Hook can't be used by sims if placed on some walls; try placing it on some other wall, with a different orientation, possibly avoiding wall corners.

Test Subject
#175 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theundertakeress
My sim won't use this object. It comes up with the graphics for when something is blocking the way. Any help as to why? Thanks :-)

I am having the same problem, but I only tried to use it in the Goth's house. I also built a wall outside of the house away from everything and tried to use it there. I even deleted the hack and dled it again. I have no EPs & I just reinstalled three days ago. This is the only hack I have. My computer has always handled the game well.

Anyway, great idea. Wish it worked in my game.

I no longer have the green dresser. Where can I download it or something similar?
Page 7 of 19