Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Centerpiece Fireplace

by Brasstex Posted 31st Jul 2005 at 10:54 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2005 at 1:23 AM by Brasstex

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by creativeflea
Probably just me being dopey!

probably

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#77 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 8:59 PM
Oh I am impressed. This is wonderful. THank you . You make great stuff.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 9:17 AM
Thnaks for your great work
Field Researcher
#79 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 3:45 PM
It works great in the game..without any problems. And they are fantastic to see..thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:58 PM
This is magnificent! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 11:05 PM
Very cool!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 7:47 AM
Awesoooooooooome!
Forum Resident
#83 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 9:54 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow!!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 6:17 AM Last edited by enchantedw0lf : 9th Aug 2005 at 6:20 AM.
Brasstex:

I don't mean to sound stupid. Honestly I dont. I understand your readme, and believe me - I can copy and paste like nobody's business! My issue is that I do not have a TSData folder in my sims2 folder. Is that normal??? I have opened every file that I have in there and none of them have or say anything about that particular file. I have University if that helps anything. I have recently went through some problems with my neighborhoods and actually had to delete all of them, and start the original 3 neighborhoods over. Could I have done something there that erased this file? I still have fireplaces in my game.

Here is what is in my TheSims2 folder:

Cameras
Collections
Config
Downloads
HTTPCache
Logs
LotCatalog
Movies
Music
Neighborhoods
PackagedLots
Projects
SavedSims
SC4Terrains
Storytelling
Teleport
Thumbnails
Groups.cache
ContentRegistry

I hope that you can help me, I cannot wait to use your fireplace - it is very beautiful!

(EDIT: Can I add a TS2Data folder there myself, like we could if there wasn't a download folder? Would that do any good? Thanks so much for your help, too!!! )

~Marie
Field Researcher
#85 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 10:44 AM
Open "My Computer." A window should appear, hopefully there will be an address bar there saying "My Computer" Copy and paste the address I provided.
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:35 PM
hi boys to like to know all of you, is Italian, do I have a problem I don't succeed in seeing the fireplace in the game I always see the same fireplaces but this new no you help me?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 1:40 PM
omg! truely amazing.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 1:45 PM
:smash: now this is what Im talking about.. OOOooooWWeeeee ty ty ty
this is awsome.. attention lol this has officially made me stop downloading for tha day and im takin my butt to my sims game playin it. just so i can see how cut this is gonna be in my simmies houses,. im replacing all my old fireplaces. bc the whole neighborhood has to have the chance to view this
lol
thanks again
wonderful work
smooches
Honey
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Brasstex:

My issue is that I do not have a TSData folder in my sims2 folder.

~Marie

Hi, there. You HAVE a TSData folder, but not in your sims2 folder. Look at the readme and follow the file path. It requires you to open a directory in program files, NOT documents. Look again, you'll see what I mean.

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crijanfer
hi boys to like to know all of you, is Italian, do I have a problem I don't succeed in seeing the fireplace in the game I always see the same fireplaces but this new no you help me?

You put the .package file into the download folder, but probably didn't make the necessary changes to your fireplaces.txt file. I understand it's difficult to follow a readme file that's not in your language, so you may want to bypass this download. Sorry.

Brasstex

(BTW - if anyone wants to translate that into Italian, that would be great.)
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 6:45 PM Last edited by honeydippit : 10th Aug 2005 at 7:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Brasstex:

I don't mean to sound stupid. Honestly I dont. I understand your readme, and believe me - I can copy and paste like nobody's business! My issue is that I do not have a TSData folder in my sims2 folder. Is that normal??? I have opened every file that I have in there and none of them have or say anything about that particular file. I have University if that helps anything. I have recently went through some problems with my neighborhoods and actually had to delete all of them, and start the original 3 neighborhoods over. Could I have done something there that erased this file? I still have fireplaces in my game.

Here is what is in my TheSims2 folder:

Cameras
Collections
Config
Downloads
HTTPCache
Logs
LotCatalog
Movies
Music
Neighborhoods
PackagedLots
Projects
SavedSims
SC4Terrains
Storytelling
Teleport
Thumbnails
Groups.cache
ContentRegistry

I hope that you can help me, I cannot wait to use your fireplace - it is very beautiful!

(EDIT: Can I add a TS2Data folder there myself, like we could if there wasn't a download folder? Would that do any good? Thanks so much for your help, too!!! )

~Marie

:grouphug: Marie. first let me say. i was goin through this too. but this is what *I* did an the fireplaces are showing up in my game. (love em btw work great) but anyway... ok. i made a new folder in my downloads folder one that i could lacate easily... ok. then i opened the folder it was in my doc. sims2.downloads...... ok opened it extracted the file to that folder... double clicked the read me text.... copied the path the read me file had. ( i dont know the sims2 ..TS2Data folder ... thing anyway. click the start button click an open the run window paste what you just copied * the Tsdata path* in the run window. and then a screen popped up with text for the other fireplaces that r in the game. click back to the read me file . copy an paste the 75 file info off the read me file. an paste it into the **run** pop up window* they should show up in the game. then bc they r like i said in my game now.
i hope this all made sum sence :bump: . *lol* but like i said the computer is all Greek to me. i come here bc im learning as i go. but id wanted to help bc thsi coould work for you .
:howdy:
if i lost you in my explanation then send me a message an ill try to clear it up . hope it works for you. bc these are too cute in the game an id like everyone to enjoy em.
smooches
Honey
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 5:17 AM
A simple thanks won't do for this one.

Thank You Thank you Thank You!!!!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 5:26 AM
This fireplace is awesome. Great Job Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 5:31 AM
Enchantedw0lf. Maybe this will help:

The TSData folder is on the drive where you INSTALLED the Sims2 -- not in the MY DOCUMENTS folder. You can have your computer do a search for the TSData folder and follow the path from there. So if you installed the
Sims2 on your 'D' drive you'll find it in the D:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\fireplaces.txt. Or you can search for 'fireplaces.txt'

Hope the tip helps.
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 1:06 PM
Amazing!! Wonderful. Thank you!
#96 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 12:45 AM
Default Thanks!!
This is so great! Thanks for sharing! :D
Test Subject
#97 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 2:25 PM
so nice !!! but I've got a problem : I don't find it in the game
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 8:36 PM
Default BTX Fireplaces
:confused:
Brasstex...This item(s) is wonderfully exciting and new and authentic...however, I put it into my game as advised...pasted the files to the correct spot...and now my game shorts??? It opens and closes frames continuously, and all I see once in the game is a ghost screen. Everything has changed...my floors are hexed...my walls as well...and my Sim is partial...with no legs. Their bodies flash off where I can't see them...then on again.

I took the txt files out of my game...but left the package file intact...my game still does the same thing!

I need your help desperately.

Could this also be a problem with a hack...or too many downloads?
I have about ten thousand (94 folders).
Thank you so much...sleighill
sgil@cinci.rr.com :weep:
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 12:53 AM
thank so much
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleighill
:confused:
Brasstex...This item(s) is wonderfully exciting and new and authentic...however, I put it into my game as advised...pasted the files to the correct spot...and now my game shorts??? It opens and closes frames continuously, and all I see once in the game is a ghost screen. Everything has changed...my floors are hexed...my walls as well...and my Sim is partial...with no legs. Their bodies flash off where I can't see them...then on again.

I took the txt files out of my game...but left the package file intact...my game still does the same thing!

I need your help desperately.

Could this also be a problem with a hack...or too many downloads?
I have about ten thousand (94 folders).
Thank you so much...sleighill
sgil@cinci.rr.com :weep:

Well, in my opinion you have W@Y too many downloads AND subfolders, could you possibly use all that stuff? Anyway, I seriously doubt it's the fireplace, but with your situation, I really couldn't begin to tell you what the problem is.

Brasstex
Page 4 of 7