Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 5:43 PM
Default WCIF a mod to make the mistletoe kiss non romantic
WCIF a mod to make the mistletoe kiss non romantic, as in reality.
I found this
https://modthesims.info/d/159485/te...d-6-5-2006.html
but as far as I understand it only changes the autonomy and not whether the kiss is romantic or not.
Thanks for any answer.

---------------------------------------
"Wait for an advanced civilisation to be briefly distracted, then sneak in and construct a slightly smaller Dyson sphere inside theirs." - xkcd
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 3:38 AM
Well there's No Random Crush Holiday Mistletoe by Syberspunk. I think that's the closest I've seen.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 2:13 PM
That's the link from my first post. Thanks for the answer, though. I think I just have to go with the family kiss for this cause and pretend it was because of the mistletoe.

"Wait for an advanced civilisation to be briefly distracted, then sneak in and construct a slightly smaller Dyson sphere inside theirs." - xkcd
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonas510
That's the link from my first post. Thanks for the answer, though. I think I just have to go with the family kiss for this cause and pretend it was because of the mistletoe.

You can use the kiss check mod, any sims can give that to another sim and it's 100% platonic. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=919

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 1:29 PM
Thank you very much, that's quite a good alternative to what I was looking for.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 2:27 PM
We don't have a mistletoe tradition here and the only place I've really heard of it is in fiction where you get caught under it with your crush, so I always thought that it was romantic.
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:51 PM
@Jonas510, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to link you to something you already found! I hate when that happens to me--idk what to say; just a brain fart, I guess.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
We don't have a mistletoe tradition here and the only place I've really heard of it is in fiction where you get caught under it with your crush, so I always thought that it was romantic.

Same Charity, it's very American lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 6:58 PM
Well, actually it's a very old Germanic/Scandinavian tradition, going back millennia. When you met someone under the mistletoe, you kissed him or her as a sign of peace and friendship, or at least weren't allowed to fight for a day. Of course, there were always people having romantic intentions and/or starting coincidence off.
Sorry for bragging. I just thought someone might be interested.