Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Corax : 29th Jan 2021 at 4:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default PregRel-NL+ not working properly
Jill Smith is an adult in my game and married to Buck Grunt. When Jill first starts to show signs of pregnancy her mother Jenny yells at her. Jill then has a memory of losing her mother Jenny as a best friend as well as her father PT#9. Seeing as Jill is already an adult this shouldn't happen. Additionally, her father is already deceased so she shouldn't be able to lose best friend status with him any more.

I know that "PregRel-NL+" is the problem because I ran the game with only that mod in the Downloads folder and it happened. Then I ran the game with all my other mods in the Downloads folder except for "PregRel-NL+" and then the problem didn't occur any more.

While searching the internet for other people having the same problem I found that when "PregRel-NL+" is installed and a Sim is abducted by aliens and gets pregnant, their spouse gets furious at the Sim as well as the Pollination Technician. No one in that thread was quite sure how bad it is to have a PT in the relationship panel.

So I guess in essence I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone know why the mother got furious at her adult child for being pregnant?

2. Does anyone know if it's harmful in the long run to have a PT in the relationship panel?

3. Is there a mod that only makes spouses angry if they find out the child is not theirs based on their logic level and that doesn't do the same for alien pregnancies?
Since I don't play with teen pregnancies I don't need the mod to make parents furious at their kids for getting pregnant. I also don't see the point in being furious at your spouse for being abducted and getting pregnant. They didn't actively cheat after all, they just observed the night sky. I get the reason for being angry at the PT but I'm a bit afraid of having the PT in the relationship panel.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:15 PM
I had the same thing happen recently with my Apocalypse sims, wherein the elder parents got mad at the adult daughter for getting pregnant by her husband, and mad at her husband. After the father died, the third pregnancy, the mother did not get mad at the daughter and husband.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 7:02 PM
Good to know that this didn't just happen in my game. It's weird though that the behaviour suddenly changed in your game for the third pregnancy when the father had died. I really don't know what would cause it because in my case the father was already dead for the first pregnancy.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 8:58 PM
I just had a realisation! I also have Cyjon's "8-Day Teens" mod installed. So maybe Jill was still somehow considered a teenager by the time she showed signs of pregnancy. She got pregnant quite soon after turning into an adult. Do you perhaps also have adjusted age spans in your game, @Sunbee?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 5:53 PM
@Corax,
Only Inteen in that game--it's under an AGS because oh heck no I'm not playing an apocalypse with the aging mod I use in my megahood. Belina had finished the teen stage and was into adulthood before she got married, though, and I don't think Inteen's shenanigans with the teen phase work as an aging mod.

It's very situation dependent, whatever it is: Belina and her husband are now themselves in their last couple days of life as elders, and their daughter Caesaria has just finished pregnancy number four in the same house, and never any issue.

But you know what, that's one of Chris' mods, and he's around here often and he's pretty nice. Hey @Chris Hatch do you have any idea how we made it malfunction?

Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 2:33 PM
PregRel-NL+.zip (2.1 kB)
Will now only treat InTeenimater's clunky adult-teens as teens if InTeenimater is actually installed.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 7:20 PM
Told ya Chris was nice.

Thanks Chris!

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 3:56 PM
Thanks a lot to both of you!