Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:46 AM
Default Can't view 2nd floor from 1st floor
Before anyone jumps on it, I already set ceiling option on.
I can't see the 2nd floor from the 1st floor. The part where it shows sky is an open space between 2 floors where the ceiling is not covering.
So is there anyway that I can see the 2nd floor without having to see a blue sky???
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:48 AM
Default with pictures
Here are some pictures to give a better explanation
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:03 AM
Looking t your photos, it looks like there is a "catwalk" at one point above the first floor, with an atrium effect going on. Nice design, btw. I have never had this problem, but then again, I can't remember "looking up" too many times.

This will probabbly get moved to the "help" or "building" sections, btw.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:03 AM
Yeah, I got that same problem. I'm just gonna wait and see what solutions may follow.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:24 AM
Is 'object hiding' off in your game settings?
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:27 AM
I know the promo images for Apartment Life gave you this illusion that you can see the ceiling of the next floor up when looking from the first floor, but I don't think that feature is in there. Unless there's something that I don't know too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:31 AM
object hiding is off, that's why you can see objects on 1st floor from the 2nd floor view.
and i've seen some people showing pictures of their full house view from ground floor.
so i'm assuming there is a game option or cheat keys.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:36 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:45 AM. Reason: grammar fail
For pictures, some people toggle the "current" level up to the top-most level, go into cameraman mode with the "tab" key, move the camera down to bottom floor, and then point the camera to be angled upward. The game views the lot as being on the top-most floor, even if the camera isn't.

I'm not saying what you're looking for is necessarily impossible, but I'm just pointing out that possibility.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:43 AM
that is a possibility. thanks, although i was looking for ways to do so DURING the game, not for taking pictures.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:48 AM
Hit Tab. Then hit Page Up And Home.

Rotate the camera upwards.

Done.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:43 PM
As a rule I play with ceilings off and walls down, but when taking photos I have that problem. The vast majority of the time though, I don't need to see the upper floors, just the ceiling, so I stick walls up, toggle the ceiling on then hit "Tab" and move the camera!

However, on the odd occasion when I DO need the upper floor(s) visible (like outdoors), I do what MSD suggested.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 9:55 AM
Default How too see the upper floor when you're in the ground.
To see the upper floor, Go to options> Disable object hiding off.> apply changes/ok. Then go to playmode, click the upper floor until you reach the roof. Go outside then zoom to first floor, press the tab and enter to your house. DONE!. you will see the upper floor with objects.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 10:55 AM
It's great that you want to be helpful, but this thread is three years old. Be sure to check the date of the last post when you reply to something that isn't at the top of the forum
Top Secret Researcher