Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10351 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 3:42 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Nov 2020 at 3:53 AM.
Depending what you ask. Lifestyles are definitely copycats of existing traits based off the conceot in description. Functionality? Haven't seen anyone mention they're depented to corresponding traits, so probably not.

Oh, it's funny how they could have (at least theorically) just updated the traits are under LifeStyle grouping/category/section instead of dedicating a whole new system, but screw that. Oh, or even left a good opportunity to introduce a new reserved trait slot where you gain one of those EXISTING LifeStyle traits throught out playthrough as like with these new systems. For concept design, it doesn't make sense why half of these (active, lazy, outgoing and loner) counterparts exist in a additional seperate system ESPECIALLY that I have doubts affect the BG traits.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10352 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 3:48 AM
She has easily become my new youtube favorite, and she is so personable in her comment section. I enjoy her play style because it is close to my own. (Although, she is a bit more hardcore about it. XD )

I didn't realize just how broken the whims are in TS4 until watching this video. I didn't know that they had basically abandoned them.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10353 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Depending what you ask. Lifestyles are definitely copycats of existing traits based off the conceot in description. Functionality? Haven't seen anyone mention they're depented to corresponding traits, so probably not.

For example, does Glutton increase the changes or getting any do the food related Lifestyle.

I don’t have numbers, but if the threshold for a Lifestyle were 1000, the Gluttony trait wouldn’t lower this number to 500. Sims will be eating often so thins Lifestyle will be harder to break.

Something like that.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#10354 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:49 AM

Oh, it's funny how they could have (at least theorically) just updated the traits are under LifeStyle grouping/category/section instead of dedicating a whole new system, but screw that. Oh, or even left a good opportunity to introduce a new reserved trait slot where you gain one of those EXISTING LifeStyle traits throught out playthrough as like with these new systems. For concept design, it doesn't make sense why half of these (active, lazy, outgoing and loner) counterparts exist in a additional seperate system ESPECIALLY that I have doubts affect the BG traits.

It all sounds like a grindy hot mess.  Instead of just fixing the original hot mess, they threw more on the pile.  Now they're having the patch their patches and people can't understand why the game is broken.

Choo-choo! All aboard the crazy train.
Field Researcher
#10355 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
For example, does Glutton increase the changes or getting any do the food related Lifestyle.

I don’t have numbers, but if the threshold for a Lifestyle were 1000, the Gluttony trait wouldn’t lower this number to 500. Sims will be eating often so thins Lifestyle will be harder to break.

Something like that.

I don’t think it does. The food lifestyles are strange. I read someone saying their junk food sim was getting tense every time he ate crackers- the game doesn’t consider that junk food I guess. I checked Carl’s guide and he said all you have to to get that lifestyle is eat lots of desserts, quick meals and avoid health food.

My sim has the people person lifestyle which I think is silly, she only interacts with townies when they come up and insist on inserting themselves into her conversation when she is on a date with her boyfriend. And for some reason friendship is building quicker than ever and it wasn’t hard to begin with.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10356 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:38 PM
I don’t think they know what they’re doing anymore. TS2 and parts of TS3 are the blueprint.

They should add more long term gameplay and fix broken systems we have. I still can believe how hard it is to make a grocery store without cheating.

Theorist
#10357 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 18th Nov 2020 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Typos...
Disagree fairies are going to get all bent when I say the following, people can disagree all they want.  I've been saying the same things for 6 years. 

There is going to come a time when TS4 implodes; it's already doing that. When they have to patch their patches then patch those, it's a warning flag.

They are trying to shoehorn things into the game that were not there to begin with, while also trying to keep the game somewhat functional for all platforms including those with low end PCs. Their plan isn't working. Yeah there are those that will happily chest thump that a patch fixed their problem, but all of these problems are global and there is no saying that the next patch for the next set of problems will work.

I don't remember TS2 or even TS3 development days being this much of a mess.  This is not me saying that TS2 and TS3 are perfect games, they're not.  Both of them have their issues, but I don't recall either game during those days being in a constant state of chaos.  The foolishness that happens with TS3 can be reined in for the most part thanks to people like Twallan.  Retuner and the Story Progression mods are beautiful things.  They don't make the game perfect, but they can and do zap a lot of problems.  I can spend hours mucking around with Retuner and have.  Don't like sims constantly playing with the sprinkler as a example, no problem. Set the fun to zero and they completely ignore it.

EA wants the cash from this game, but they don't want to maintain it.  When things are not maintained, things run amuck and break.  In a non-sims example, this is like the person that keeps buying baskets and containers to hide their stuff, but then can't understand why they feel like the walls are closing in around them when their space becomes cluttered with baskets and containers.  Dealing with the stuff in the first place would A) fixed the problem B) would have saved said person lots of money

How many layers of problems and bugs can TS4 handle before the house of cards or the so-called 'solid foundation' as they once called it, caves in?  The stress cracks have been showing up over the past 6 years and are no longer ignorable.  They don't use the buzz phrase "solid foundation" anymore.  I can't imagine why....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10358 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't remember TS2 or even TS3 development days being this much of a mess. 
Ron Howard's voice- They were.
Mad Poster
#10359 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:18 PM
If only they listened to the technical team. Like what his name that bragged about extending TS4 lifespan and EA too shouldn't push on them to make the game continue running on a treadmil while its on lifesuppirt. Cynical like I once said that/but I really want the game to actual implode for shoehorning stuff instead of fixing the fundamental for the CORE game. Honestly, that's quite a reasonable expectation when they're not even maitaining the game.

Not just for going against consumers wants, but like neglecting on the very-thing engine the game is running. That's expected and deserved of them for doing this crap that will result in an unplayability.

Instructor
#10360 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quoting this from reddit:

Quote:
I don’t have anywhere else to rant about this so I’m dumping this here - but I am so annoyed with EA and the glitches this latest update has created, and how disappointing this pack is. I feel like EA is this charming SO who keeps making big promises and I fall for it every time, and yet keep getting disappointed!

What kills me about this analogy is that it needs a single change: EA is not charming, but rather a convicted sex offender that was recently released from jail after doing time for armed robbery and attempted murder, only having been given a lenient sentence at all because EA's dad is wealthy. EA's reputation is absolutely abysmal, the worst in the industry, and even amongst the worst amongst all companies worldwide.

And somehow people keep thinking "maybe this time will be different."
Theorist
#10361 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Quoting this from reddit:

What kills me about this analogy is that it needs a single change: EA is not charming, but rather a convicted sex offender that was recently released from jail after doing time for armed robbery and attempted murder, only having been given a lenient sentence at all because EA's dad is wealthy. EA's reputation is absolutely abysmal, the worst in the industry, and even amongst the worst amongst all companies worldwide.

And somehow people keep thinking "maybe this time will be different."

People have been saying these kinds of things about certain gurus for a long time; Graham especially. He probably is a nice guy who just works for a shitty company. He did go out of his way to save a kitten a couple of years ago, I give him props for that.  It doesn't change what I think about the company he works for or anything work related though.

The "maybe this time it will be different" thing is toxic relationship stuff.  People think that if they just keep giving EA chances and just love on them harder they will get the packs they want, or EA will do things differently...Nope!
Mad Poster
#10362 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 9:54 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Nov 2020 at 10:11 PM.
EA? Charming?! wut No hun, it's the trailers-marketing-pr that fools ya

Because of the frugal person I am, it's no surprise I'm suseptible to the BS of-- no, hesitant to buy EA's crap

As for why they hadn't won me over with all the content they spood out over the years.... personally, I just wasn't intrigued with the BG being the reason (if anyone cared to know/ask me). And that's part due I haven't bought expansions and other dlcs, cause then I be paying DLC to sugarcoat how burned of an expensive toast the bass game is. And of course that it still doesn't have everything added to make warrant a complete finish game to this date. I'm just happy (although not as elated as I would once I re-get TS2) currently playing with a family that owns real estates and slowly shapes Starlight Shores to my liking through progression in TS3

It's a personally reason/matter tho; just my explanation why I refrain from claiming and touching the game.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
The "maybe this time it will be different" thing is toxic relationship stuff.  People think that if they just keep giving EA chances and just love on them harder they will get the packs they want, or EA will do things differently...Nope!

If only I had dollar everytime for those people that lie like that to themslfs while feeling still disappointing over their current purchase, I would become rich They need to change that mantra into "alright, I'll come to terms and admit that it isn't gonna be different/better next time just cause I want it to be like that". That much is needed to get your back on your head. Toxic materialism isn't good if you buy a faulty product that you're not happy in naive hopes that ill get better by telling N amount of times.

Theorist
#10363 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:40 PM
If only I had dollar everytime for those people that lie like that to themslfs while feeling still disappointing over their current purchase, I would become rich They need to change that mantra into "alright, I'll come to terms and admit that it isn't gonna be different/better next time just cause I want it to be like that". That much is needed to get your back on your head. Toxic materialism isn't good if you buy a faulty product that you're not happy in naive hopes that ill get better by telling N amount of times.

Many moons ago I was in one of those kinds of relationships with somebody. It ended when I was punched, literally.  That was my payment for the extra hugs and whatever.  Nothing good comes from those kinds of relationships.

People and companies don't change because people hug them harder; they change because they want to.  EA and it's current employees don't have a reason to change.  A smile, being chatty and making bogus ads on YouTube butters their bread.
One Minute Ninja'd
#10364 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 3:33 PM
So, when is the patch for the patch supposed to be ready?

Oh, sorry, I see it already has, but now they have to patch that patch. But that patch doesn't seem to clear up anything, so now we wait for word on another patch?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10365 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
So, when is the patch for the patch supposed to be ready?

Oh, sorry, I see it already has, but now they have to patch that patch. But that patch doesn't seem to clear up anything, so now we wait for word on another patch?
Don't worry, this has all happened before and it turned out fine...
Mad Poster
#10366 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 4:53 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 20th Nov 2020 at 5:22 AM.
Here's one annoying fact for y'all- did you know that the 20x30 Onsen lot is locked specifically for the Onsen?

Just like Windenburg's mansion, you can't change the lot type at all- meaning that if you wanted to shuffle lots around (i.e. if you want to relocate the onsen to a larger lot and free up the lot for something else) and you're part of the majority of players who don't know how to mod the game (with Zerbu's mod)*, you're outta luck

* Not even Zerbu's mod can change this lot
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10367 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Here's one annoying fact for y'all- did you know that the 20x30 Onsen lot is locked specifically for the Onsen?

Just like Windenburg's mansion, you can't change the lot type at all- meaning that if you wanted to shuffle lots around (i.e. if you want to relocate the onsen to a larger lot and free up the lot for something else) and you're part of the majority of players who don't know how to mod the game (with Zerbu's mod), you're outta luck

I think it’s fixed because the onsen is part of the ski/snowboard/sled system.

Mad Poster
#10368 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think it’s fixed because the onsen is part of the ski/snowboard/sled system.

The problem is that it limits creativity- yet again a problem with the way the game is coded (why not just tie the specific lot to the events, rather than a specific lot type?)

While something like this might seem small, it becomes a problem particularly because of the limited number of lots the game provides for you- it means that unless you want more than one onsen in the world, you're stuck with that one!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10369 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 5:25 AM
I agree 100%. I hate that I have a world and the game tells me what it has to even look like. I miss every lot in game being functional.

Scholar
#10370 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:36 PM
Why couldn't they just have made it so that sims can go to the activities on any of the lots in the mountain neighborhood? SMH. I swear, sometimes the devs are fucking idiots.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#10371 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 2:33 PM
EXCUSE ME? They're the hardest working team they're are!

And if you don't like, just don't buy it. Change and modify lots in TS2 and TS3

Instructor
#10372 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 5:29 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#10373 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:16 PM
New chair count: six.
Mad Poster
#10374 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
LGR sounds so undeniably done with this shit...

When he isn't. I feel he will be "done" when he stops reviewing stuff, game and expansion packs altogether

*Puts headphones on to watch it*

Mad Poster
#10375 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 1:49 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 21st Nov 2020 at 3:28 AM.
More missed opportunities that would at least allow new skills to not be world-locked:

- Cross-country skiing in every world- that allows your sim to travel faster in winter
- Snowboard halfpipe for sims to practice snowboarding in other lots

I'm sure that the first will be figured out at some point (much like the rollerblading mod), but again- leaving it to the modders to fix.
Locked thread
Page 415 of 447