Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 23
Test Subject
#226 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 11:40 AM
Hello, I have a question about the tool, is there any way to export the morph targets together with meshes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#227 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:00 PM
Test Subject
#228 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Version 3 uploaded. I was hoping to get Collada support working for it but it's going to take more time.

Почему у тебя прописан только диск с ?! У меня игра на диске D!!!! -_-
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#229 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EclipsedVisions
Hello, I have a question about the tool, is there any way to export the morph targets together with meshes?

Not with this tool. TS4 MorphMaker will preview and export morphed meshes which may be what you want.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=613061

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#230 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nuru
Почему у тебя прописан только диск с ?! У меня игра на диске D!!!! -_-

Google translate: Why do you have only a disk with?! I have a game on disk D !!!! -_-

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by that.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#231 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 11:59 AM
Google translate: Why do you have only a disk with?! I have a game on disk D !!!! -_-

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by that.

Your program has a path only to drive "C" . I have the game installed on drive "D" . What shall I do?? Fix in your program to the path to the game you can choose.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#232 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 1:36 PM
Your program has a path only to drive "C" . I have the game installed on drive "D" . What shall I do?? Fix in your program to the path to the game you can choose.

My program does not have a path at all; it reads the registry for the game files path. If for some reason that's not working, click File / Change Settings and set it manually, save, then restart the program. It shows you an error message telling you to do that if it can't find the game files.

Test Subject
#233 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 3:01 PM
My program does not have a path at all; it reads the registry for the game files path. If for some reason that's not working, click File / Change Settings and set it manually, save, then restart the program. It shows you an error message telling you to do that if it can't find the game files.

It doesn't start anymore. And writes the error.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#234 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 4:21 PM
It doesn't start anymore. And writes the error.

Yes, that's the error message. Click okay, the program then starts and you can set the game path yourself like it says to. If it's not starting and there are no more error messages then something else is wrong and without more information I can't help.

Test Subject
#235 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:08 PM
Yes, that's the error message. Click okay, the program then starts and you can set the game path yourself like it says to. If it's not starting and there are no more error messages then something else is wrong and without more information I can't help.

CAS Tools was unable to open the game package; cloning cannot be done.

writes and closes the program
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#236 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:11 PM

If you're getting the message about cloning, the program has started and you can change the game files path.

Mad Poster
#237 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM
Hey Cmar, I am working on updating my mermaid tails to have better bone/vertex color assignments using the autoassigner. I get this error upon hitting 'go!'

Thank you very much for your time!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  reference and file needing assignments.rar (122.8 KB, 5 downloads)

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#238 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for the screenshot and uploading the files!

This happened because the gender is set to Unisex. For adult humans (including occults) the program isn't set up to handle that, and errored because it tried to load a unisex head mesh which doesn't exist. (It loads the default reference meshes even when you use a custom reference.) If you pick Female (or Male) it'll work. I'll see about better error handling to catch that in the future and make sure things like accessories can be unisex.

BTW the program has built-in male and female reference meshes for each lod for mermail tails so you shouldn't need to use your own in most cases. I'll have to make that clearer in the screen too.

Mad Poster
#239 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 11:54 PM
Thanks for the screenshot and uploading the files!

This happened because the gender is set to Unisex. For adult humans (including occults) the program isn't set up to handle that, and errored because it tried to load a unisex head mesh which doesn't exist. (It loads the default reference meshes even when you use a custom reference.) If you pick Female (or Male) it'll work. I'll see about better error handling to catch that in the future and make sure things like accessories can be unisex.

BTW the program has built-in male and female reference meshes for each lod for mermail tails so you shouldn't need to use your own in most cases. I'll have to make that clearer in the screen too.

Okay! Thank you so much for the quick reply! If I only do assignments for male or female on the mesh, will it work properly for both ?

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#240 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
Okay! Thank you so much for the quick reply! If I only do assignments for male or female on the mesh, will it work properly for both ?

There are male and female tails with male and female meshes and IMO you can't use the same mesh for both, although I haven't tried. The CASPs use the Opposite Gender Part instance to link to the corresponding part for the opposite sex so that if you change genders in CAS you get what looks like the same tail. You could enable a male or female tail for the opposite frame but I don't know if that's what you want.

Does that answer your question?

Test Subject
#241 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 10:16 AM

it won't start! I don't know how to change the way to the game!
Test Subject
#242 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 1:22 PM Last edited by NataliS : 21st Jul 2019 at 1:32 PM.
hmm ... I'm trying to launch a new version and .... nothing happens. (((
Version 2.9 runs without problems.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#243 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 1:42 PM
it won't start! I don't know how to change the way to the game!

I've told you how to change the path. If CAS Tools starts long enough to tell you to change the path and then crashes with no message, something else is wrong and I don't know what it is. Sorry.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#244 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NataliS
hmm ... I'm trying to launch a new version and .... nothing happens. (((
Version 2.9 runs without problems.

Check if your anti-virus is blocking it. Sometimes an AV will block a program simply because it's new. Also try running it as Admin.

Test Subject
#245 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 1:32 PM
I've told you how to change the path. If CAS Tools starts long enough to tell you to change the path and then crashes with no message, something else is wrong and I don't know what it is. Sorry.

What is unclear? I took off the screen , it says the message and after the "OK" button followed by the message. Again "OK" the program closes and does not start!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#246 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:05 PM
What is unclear? I took off the screen , it says the message and after the "OK" button followed by the message. Again "OK" the program closes and does not start!

What you said isn't unclear. As I said, something else must be causing the program to close after it gives you the path error. It could be your antivirus, or could be some kind of system problem. I have no way of knowing.

You'll have to look at your system event log to try to find an error message from CAS Tools that might explain it, then if you post those messages here I'll look and see if there's anything I can suggest: https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...-in-windows-10/

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#247 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:38 PM
Hello,cmar first of all thank you for the update.

So for me too, version 3.00, does not open. Even with my Antivirus off.

Version 2.9 runs without problems. and play very good . .
Jom
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#248 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jomsims
Hello,cmar first of all thank you for the update.

So for me too, version 3.00, does not open. Even with my Antivirus off.

Version 2.9 runs without problems. and play very good . .
Jom

Can you look in your system event log?

Test Subject
#249 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 5:44 PM Last edited by NataliS : 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:42 PM.
Check if your anti-virus is blocking it. Sometimes an AV will block a program simply because it's new. Also try running it as Admin.

Anti-Virus off ...
I can't copy logs, but I tried to do it (in Russian).
I sent you a private message.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#250 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NataliS
Anti-Virus off ...
I can't copy logs, but I tried to do it (in Russian).
I sent you a private message.

Thanks so much, that pointed me to what I think is the problem and told me why it only affects computers using Russian and probably some other languages but not English. (Different number formats.)

I'm attaching a fixed version for testing - please let me know if it starts for you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4CASTools_3_0_0_1.zip (11.38 MB, 28 downloads)

Page 10 of 23