Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 7:13 PM
Default college mods
I have "no visit campus" but it stopped working; would like to re-download it (because that has worked on other not-working mods) but now can't find. Also no-car-wants in college. Can't find in Cyjons, twojeffs, christianlove, graveyard or pleassant Sims.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 6:44 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:18 AM
Thanks; I was hoping to also find no-car-want (for uni) but at least the visit campus one is there.

Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:21 PM
@grammapat the no car in uni mod is by TwoJeffs (No Dorm Car Want Spam). Since Simbology is gone, you can find the archives here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/92516/

And the mod you're looking for should be in the WantHacks.zip here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/99006/
(Don't feel bad for not finding it; whomever archived TwoJeffs Files did it by EP, instead of the original categories and it's hella confusing. No idea where the older version of the mod is--I didn't see it, anyway. So let me know if you need the OFB version and I'll upload it.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Systemic Anomaly
#5 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:00 AM
The OFB version of this mod is (shockingly) in the OFB section:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/99001/
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 10:00 AM
@jase439, I guess I may be missing something, because No Dorm Car Want Spam is not in the OFB WantHacks.zip. Is it somewhere else?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 10:08 AM
...and if it was under EP I would have expected them both to be under Uni, but no.

Systemic Anomaly
#8 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
...and if it was under EP I would have expected them both to be under Uni, but no.

You would (as would I). However, I was able to pull this nugget from the Simbology archive:

Quote: Originally posted by twojeffs
No Dorm Car Want Spam
Only available in the OFB or higher archive(s), but may work with NL as well (not tested). Stops sims living in dorms from wanting to buy a car.

That said, the OFB/Pets/Seasons/BV/FT file had a bad symbolic link which was pointing back to the NL version (which doesn't have this particular mod). Fixed.

You can maybe give that version a go, but if you only have Uni (and no other expansions), you are out of luck on this particular want fix.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
[...] no-car-wants in college. Can't find in Cyjons, twojeffs, christianlove, graveyard or pleassant Sims.
Surprisingly, Cyjon has one that does this, if you don't mind losing other buy wants, and works in University-only games (but is compatible with all EPs): his Want Changes - Dorm:
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Dorm - No buy wants at all when living in a dorm

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right