Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 9:46 PM
Default Journal Question
Heya, a quick question about journals on the new site layout.

So clicking 'view my journal' here takes me to my journal:

And clicking 'my journal' here takes me to my journal:

But clicking the tab on my profile shows nothing:

Even though my journal entries are old, it seems like something should show here?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 9:20 AM
Thats because I haven't integrated Journals into the Activity feed yet (similar to posts prior to 2018 or so).

My plan was to actually get rid of the old Journal system and have it more like the Social Groups, where each Journal post is just a thread and a post in a specific forum. The downside being that you wouldn't be able to make entries as private or for friends anymore, but I'm not sure how many people actually use that feature..., but the upside is that since it's a regular post you could attach pictures.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 12:01 PM
Ahh, okay! That idea for journals sounds great actually, will make them a lot more accessible and easier to use.
I really like the new layout, took a bit of getting used to and finding things, but it's all there in fewer clicks and quite intuitive I think. Really liking how it's making it easier to learn about a user at a glance. Would suggest to make the games owned collapsible though- Sims 4 has made the list looooong and it takes a lot of scrolling. Maybe make it collapse the EPs/SPs down, so that the basegames are still visible? When I'm looking at your profile I'm only interested if you are playing the same game as I am, not really which EPs.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 1:33 PM
I've gone ahead and added the existing journals (at least, entries going back to 2018) for now, plus collapsed down the games owned a bit. I'll tackle journal updating as a seperate project after the user pages.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 11:20 AM
Ah, I like that much better with the games owned bit. I had to add them all again though, for some reason it didn't pick them up from the old profile. Also I couldn't get the 'toggle all on' bit to work so I had to add them manually. I didn't test this on another browser though, just on Firefox.
For the journal- brilliant! I had to add a new entry as all mine are older than 2018, but it shows fine. Looking good!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 1:25 PM
Ahh right, you've just reminded me to run the script that auto-populates the new style games owned. Thanks

I've fixed the toggle - it was broken when it didn't detect *any* previous games owned (which was the case here).