Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Relationship Decay Mod

by mgomez Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM by mgomez

459 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 19
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:18 PM
thank you for you hard work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM
I have been waiting for this! Thank you SO much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:29 PM
I love this. I would like if there was a way to choose the the amount of decay for a specific sim.
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:36 PM
Una vez que he hecho lo del script hay que descomprimir el archivo??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:05 PM
Yes one of the social aspiration rewards provides no relationship decay, but like all aspirations, it take some time to get.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I only see one file for download but from the post, it makes it seem like there should be at least three versions. I want the one where romance can decay since the game keeps making random romantic relationships for my sims that I don't want when I'm not playing their household. Is that one not available yet?

From what I can tell from my reading comprehension, the other flavors of this mod is still being worked on. He was just letting us know that he has found a way to separate the two but needs time to develop and test further. I believe he said he would try to have the other options up in a day or two.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I only see one file for download but from the post, it makes it seem like there should be at least three versions. I want the one where romance can decay since the game keeps making random romantic relationships for my sims that I don't want when I'm not playing their household. Is that one not available yet?

It will be. Give it a little time since I have to make some tests and find the proper place to inject some of my code.

Also, in lieu of requests from several aspiring modders, power users, and just plain curious creators, I will be releasing my mods open-source from now on. Starting with the next version of this mod, PY files will be found alongside their PYO counterparts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:55 PM
I LOVE THIS. I hate the relationship decay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:17 PM
ThankYouThankYouThankYou! Now my sims who are loners can go out, make a quick friend needed for career advancement, and never have to socialize again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM
Thank God someone thought to do this! When I was planning my Sims wedding, I wanted to invite all my good friends to the party; only to find out that none of them were good friends anymore because I had been focused on my romantic relationship for a while! I was SHOCKED! I'm so grateful you made this mod! You are my hero!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM
Wonderful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
(do not extract it or ninjas will come to your house!!) hilarious Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
Thx Bro =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:57 PM
Thanks so much, been waiting for this, I now can check this off of my bucket list. Now the wait for faster skilling....
Scholar
THANKS POST
#65 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
This was really needed! I'll wait for a slower decay version. Thanks a lot for sharing this =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:12 AM
Thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
You are a life savor!!! Thank you!! the relationship problem really makes it harder to enjoy the game!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:02 AM
Thank you very much for the hard work :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:07 AM
i knew u would come through, thanks a million
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:31 AM
Thanks! Great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:46 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you :)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tinu
I dont get it. Why must everyone overreact to everything? One complains about to high bills, the other makes a mod that make bills almost for nothing. One complains about to fast time the other makes a mod that makes time almost stand still. One complains about friendship decay, the other makes a mod that let friendship and romance dont decay at all. All of the mods have good indentions, BUT why can nobody makes mods that to it relative, makes bill calculating cheaper and also friendshipdecay longer? Two weeks without contact and nothing changes? Not worth playing it at all! If i realy want that, i will do it as reward for my social behavior, cause there is such thing allready ingame! I hope some realy good modders will do some realy good mods in time, cause changing relative/calculated values to fixed values is no good moding at all, its like a pocketcalculator that always give you 100 Dollars in return!

This is a mod. It's completely optional if you want to download it. Why would someone ever complain about a mod? If you don't like it, don't download it. Saying this is a "bad mod" just because you don't like it is completely insensitive.

I, along with many, think this is great. I've had numerous friends for many years, and even if we don't talk EVERY SINGLE DAY, we're still friends.

Thank you for this mod OP

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:10 AM
This seems handy! Thank you for making it :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:59 AM
Have I told you lately that I love you? :-) This is exactly what I wanted -- takes the place of my favorite "long distance friend" LTR from Sims 3. Now it should be easier for my teen Sim to keep all the teens he manages to meet in the relationship panel as long as the game doesn't go and delete them (hope they quash that bug soon).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:47 AM
Thanks for this! Makes things a LOT more easier for my sim family since I've moved the other siblings out of the household!
Page 3 of 19