Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Relationship Decay Mod

by mgomez Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM by mgomez

459 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 19
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:48 PM
This is soooooo necessary. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
thank :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
Really need this to move on its career .... Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:31 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM
Important Update:

Folks, as some of you have requested, the mod has been updated to allow for configuring the rate of decay. Read all about it on the mod's download page!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:58 AM
This is great, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:24 AM
Awesome!!! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:44 AM
Thanks You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:45 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:59 AM
Awesome thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:08 AM
amazing! been waiting for this!!
Field Researcher
#89 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:28 AM
Thank you
This is fantastic, I appreciate all the time and hard work you have put into this, thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:37 PM
thank you kindly good sir.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:21 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:24 PM
Thank you so much for this. I'm using the one with user-configurable decay, and it's perfect.
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:51 PM
Hi, Can you please tell me what I can do because the mod doesnt work for me, Ive tried to extract the file and the second time I did not extract it to see if that was the problem but my friendships still decay quickly. I have also ticked the enable script mods box in the options menu in the game. I've downloaded the "no relationship decay mod", not the one where you need to put in a percentage.

thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaurusBlood
Hi, Can you please tell me what I can do because the mod doesnt work for me, Ive tried to extract the file and the second time I did not extract it to see if that was the problem but my friendships still decay quickly. I have also ticked the enable script mods box in the options menu in the game. I've downloaded the "no relationship decay mod", not the one where you need to put in a percentage.

thank you

Hi there! I have a guide on one of my other mods that could be useful in this instance. Some of the suggestions are things you've already tried, so I apologize in advance if the guide is a bit redundant:

If TS4 is ignoring the mod, that could happen for a couple of reasons:

1: You may have extracted the files in the ZIP. To install scripted mods, the PYO files must remain inside of the zip file at all times. No extraction is necessary. Plop the zip file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.
2: You have not yet enabled scripting mods. In this case, go to your options menu (the three dots) and navigate to Game Options > Other > Script mods. The box next to "Script mods" should be filled.
3: You are not using the latest update of The Sims 4. In order for this mod to work, you need to be using at least the September 9th patch. There was a bug in the game that completely ignored non-replacement script mods. This mod is one of those (i.e. it doesn't replace an entire in-game module).
4: If you have the 9/9 patch and it's still ignoring the mod, restart your game without any mods (including Resource.cfg), stop the game (again), put the mods back in, then start it again (in short: Start Sims 4 with an empty mods folder, then start it with mods again). This was a problem that really annoyed me when I was developing, but it so happens that Sims 4 retains behavior from before the 9/9 patch if you don't do this.
5: There could be a conflicting mod with this one. Try the game with only this mod loaded and see if it works. Post which other mods you run here so that I may test them and find out how I can make them compatible, if there are any compatibility issues.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
Thanks for keeping longer friendships
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:30 PM
Thank you so much for this mod!
Wish: is it possible to make friends and / or family friends do not always come home to the sim? Just if you want to raise relations, etc. - You can always call them to his home, talk on the phone, etc. And although you can just ignore them, but when they get tired of constantly resorting to the porch ...
PS I apologize for my insolence! This expectation is most suitable for the individual modes, but because relations and the arrival of Sims to visit related, I decided to write here.
PPS Many thanks for your work! You are so quickly updated fashion and are adjusting them under the user requests! Thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kasany
Thank you so much for this mod!
Wish: is it possible to make friends and / or family friends do not always come home to the sim? Just if you want to raise relations, etc. - You can always call them to his home, talk on the phone, etc. And although you can just ignore them, but when they get tired of constantly resorting to the porch ...
PS I apologize for my insolence! This expectation is most suitable for the individual modes, but because relations and the arrival of Sims to visit related, I decided to write here.
PPS Many thanks for your work! You are so quickly updated fashion and are adjusting them under the user requests! Thank you for this!

Thanks for your kind words and enthusiasm about this mod. I think someone else is already working on a mod that will reduce or eliminate visits from friends. I'll look into it, but can't promise I'll make something like this in the near future.
Test Subject
#98 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
hello again, thank you for the reply, I will try the other suggestions and see if it works, the only other mod I have installed is the Realistic bills? could that be a problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaurusBlood
hello again, thank you for the reply, I will try the other suggestions and see if it works, the only other mod I have installed is the Realistic bills? could that be a problem?

Realistic Bills doesn't conflict with The Relationship Decay Mod. They're both mine, and I use them.
Test Subject
#100 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:29 PM
Thank you for reply, I am going to try to download the relationship mod where you put in a percentage, I just want to make sure how to use it, I want friendships to last long so what percentage will I need to put in that will make it the longest?
Page 4 of 19