Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAS and Export Failed
I was in the CAS and finally got to the dress I wanted to use Create-a-Style on, after doing Create-a-Style on other dresses, but when I was all done and wanted to export the files, it popped up with the message Export Failed. I had no problems with the other dresses or even the patterns I recolored. Exporting is something I like to do, so I have another back-up of patterns, objects recolored, CAS recolors, etc. I most likely have had this problem before, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

What I have tried:
Deleted the 4 cache files
moved out the DCBackup folder
moving out the missingdeps.idx and the dcc.ent from the DCCache folder at separate times

What else can I do, short of letting the game generate a whole new folder in the Documents area of Windows?

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 1:39 AM Last edited by planettv : 26th Sep 2022 at 4:38 AM.
I don't think I tried any other CAS clothing just that dress, but I could go back to that folder and do so, if need be.

Well I did the test exporting the on dress recolors with a another sim selected and it did the same thing. One thing I did was rename the EA folder for TS3 and let TS3 generate a whole new folder. I had to do that twice, because the first time there was bad weather and the power went out, but when I was able to do it, just a some minutes ago, I tested a recolor of a pair of base game shorts and they exported successfully. I'm think this means there is something going on in the folder with my stuff. What are the necessary things to copy from the old folder to the new folder, so I don't copy something that doesn't need to be copied, as this may just be easier then checking to see if it's just the dress or not?

Edit: The dress whose recolors I'm trying to export is TS3 Store dress.

Edit 2: I went back to my EA Folder and decided to try a Test Male Shirt. I picked a base game one, recolored part of it and exported. It exported fine. I'm going try the dress again and see what happens. This is the dress: https://store.thesims3.com/productD...=OFB-SIM3:63259 . This is one of the few store outfits that appears twice in the CAS, but I don't think that should make a different.

Edit 3: I went to the other appearance of the dress in the CAS and recolored that, since that one showed no recolors, and what do you know the recolor exported just fine. It looks as if I'm going to have transfer all my recolors to that one, one at a time. Luckily I have less then ten and I got another recolor out of it that I liked.

My mini city: Rygel City