Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:18 PM
Default Do you compress your ts3 CC?
Hiya!

I always compress ts2 CC with the compressorizer, but only just recently learned there's one for ts3 too. But I'm kind of scared to use it because from what I've heard sometimes ts3 CC can not look as nice after it's compressed and I have far too much to go around looking for things after the fact.

Does anyone use it, and can tell me what experiences they've had with it?
Is there categories you should absolutely not compress, the same as there is with merging? Do I need to compress or is it fine to just stick to merging like I normally do with ts3?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
what the heck is a compressor?

This thing .
I've been using the one for ts2 for ages but never knew there was one for ts3 as well 'til recently.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 2:07 AM
I use it on some things. Like hair. I do have a couple of items, one of them a pair of boots, that no longer show up in my game if I run compressor on them, so I leave some things out.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 3:53 AM
I have used it quite a bit and merged quite a bit. So, yes.
Inventor
#6 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 4:09 AM
I use it on everything but store Items. I do a lot of converting from sims3packs to packages and I merge. After merge I run the decrapify and compress on my merged packages. Following this practice for years my game runs smooth and fast with a lot (I mean tons) of CC loaded.
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 1:26 PM
I merge packages , but do not compress them. For TS3 I want to speed up loading CAS, and like @nitromon mentioned, I avoid things that might slow down loading CAS again. Sims 3 + the CC that I use is neglible in size compared to some of the other games I have installed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 7:11 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I think I'll likely just stick to merging then.