Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skill Building Toy Garage

by leefish Posted 1st Jan 2009 at 7:31 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2014 at 3:29 PM by leefish

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
#26 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 6:46 AM
Genius idea... well done! Thankyou so much for sharing
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 7:00 AM Last edited by -Maylin- : 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Thank you very much for this great object, leesester ! I was sure that this fantastic garage will become a 'Must Have'. You have done a big job on it and I wish you good luck!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 8:56 AM
Excellent! I had one of these when I was little and loved it - just goes to show how much fun girls can have with things like this, too (see also: my spud gun, Evel Knievel, Millennium Falcon, etc.). Thank you...and Maylin!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:06 AM
Wow, Thanks!

They mostly come at night, mostly.
Inventor
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:44 AM
This is really great work Leeseter, I love it and I'm sure my little simmies will too. Now lets hope the big angry brother won't kick the play garage, that would be so sad!
Instructor
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:43 AM
Great job! I remember I always liked playing with cars as a child, even tough I'm a girl. This brings me lots of childhood memories.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 4:41 PM
A suggestion on the animations problem: You could change the cars into transformers action figures, than the way they hold them would still be right.

This garage toy is awesome!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 8:18 PM
Psychosim, that is not a bad idea - I can offer an alternative set of toys - unfortunately, the cars GUIDs are hardcoded in the garage so it would be one or the other - not both. Maye someone could make them - a bit like a recolour!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:37 PM
OMG I got a garage just like this when I was three years old as a reward for...something too embarrassing to tell, but still. Oh, this brings back memories (who says girls can't play with cars!) I still have it on my back porch. Now I will make my sim children enjoy one too! Thank you!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spiffeystar
(who says girls can't play with cars!)

Totally agree - girls may have cars - I don't know if you noticed, but both of my kid models in the thread are girls......not consciously done, particularly as I did make it for little boys really because I hated making them play with dolls

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Eminence Grise
#36 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 1:54 AM
Awesome This is great, and I love skill-building toys.

As for price, the dollhouse I had as a little girl had been built for my mother by my grandfather out of scraps of wood... and all the furniture was handmade too... so it's not REQUIRED for girls' toys to be more expensive
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Awesome As for price, the dollhouse I had as a little girl had been built for my mother by my grandfather out of scraps of wood... and all the furniture was handmade too... so it's not REQUIRED for girls' toys to be more expensive

Hi Srikandi - that was sort of my point - that homemade toys are cheaper and just as nice (that is why it is called "Bits O'Wood Garage") rather than boys toys are cheaper than girls toys........the Maxis dolls house looks like a mass produced thing to me, rather than the beautiful handmade toys of the past.

Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:23 AM
Not only does it look good but it builds mechanical too, how wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:19 PM
This is just awesome!

Thank you!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#40 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 7:54 PM
I love, love, love this! Wonderful idea - and it looks gorgeous, too! Thank you, and good luck in the challenge!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 4:01 AM
I just saw this, wow you just get better and better. Its just too awesome.
Thank you!
Congratz on getting picked

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 7:32 PM
Field Researcher
#43 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:16 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 6:20 PM
awesome awesome awesome! thank you so much and what a wonderful job you did!
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 11:55 PM
What a great idea!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Not actually evil.
#46 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 2:24 AM
Fantastic! Looks like the animations still all look right and I love the toddler munching on the car. :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#47 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 9:19 AM
Your Bits Of Wood Garage is wonderful. Just what was needed for the little boy Sims. Thanks to you and Maylin.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:24 PM
Super cute. I'll never have Sim toddlers again without providing this toy for them. Very fun to see family members of all ages watch or join, and such a great bonus that the toddlers build mechanical skill. Thank you for veering away from your usual specialty to come up with this!
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 11:10 PM
It's nice to have toys for the little boys!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 7:15 PM
Mechanical skill building for toddlers! Great way to get a jump start. Thanks, leesester!
Page 2 of 5