Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 12
Instructor
THANKS POST
#276 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:28 AM
Just awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#277 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:13 PM
hey, thanks for the creation. i have a problem though, i can't see the wave effects, the water is still and my sims can get on the water but they won't really surf, i e they will just glide towards the shore on the surfboard and get out, no squatting etc.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#278 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 8:02 PM
That sounds strange. Not being able to see the wave effects sounds like graphics setting issue, like perhaps your graphics card isn't up to par? The squatting that the mohawk guy in the thumbnail is doing is an animation done while Sims show off while surfing. If your Sim has fallen off the board, they will return to shore. If you think there is a problem, please turn on debug mode and see if you are getting errors.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#279 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 1:56 AM
I dont think i ever thanked this thread before. LONG overdue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#280 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:10 PM
Hi, great job on this. I only have one problem: I cannot find the racks in my game. Help? Thanks in advance.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#281 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 11:19 PM
@SimsinTheCity The racks can be found in the "Shelves" section of the "Surfaces" area of the Buy Mode catalog. Thanks

Tumblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#282 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:11 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
#283 Old 20th May 2019 at 7:41 AM
Hey there,
has anyone figured out a fix for the error that pops up in debug mode? I put the boards in their inventory, click on them to surf and then the error pops up and I have to reset them. I'm a little hesitant to take the mod out entirely cause I'm worried it might mess my game up or create a bug.
I'd love love love to have this for my current household I've been playing but it just doesn't seem to want to work :/
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 21st May 2019 at 12:42 AM
@Maks1234 What error are you getting? Can you post the error log here?

Tumblr
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#285 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:16 PM
Why is this mod still using the Super Hug Bug's GUID as fallback?

Chris Hatch explains it here. https://modthesims.info/showthread....534#post5153534
"If someone has a mod that uses the super hug's GUID (0x6DB7E00F) as a fallback GUID then any lot they share will cause it to exist even though they never, ever had the bug themselves."
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#286 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:17 AM
@Sunrader I thought I had already updated this to have zero'd out the fallback GUID. It has been updated now. Thanks

Tumblr
Alchemist
#287 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
@Sunrader I thought I had already updated this to have zero'd out the fallback GUID. It has been updated now. Thanks

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#288 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for updating the files, MSD! I was thinking about giving Chris Hatch's Vicky NPC controller a try, and I noticed he made it compatible with your surfing mod in 2017. Do you know what I would need to tweak in his Vicky-compatible surfing mod files to bring it up-to-date with your latest upload? No worries if you're not sure or familiar with this at all, I can poke around and figure it out myself...I just wanted to see if I could get an answer from the source first.

Thank you for making such a cool mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#289 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 12:20 PM
Wow! This is incredible! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#290 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 4:33 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#291 Old 23rd May 2023 at 11:45 PM
Probably won't get an answer but here it goes. Is there a possibility for this mod to have an autonomous version? I've had this mod before and I gotta say, it really adds more life to a beach.
Page 12 of 12