Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Instructor
THANKS POST
#76 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 9:59 PM
I don't have Bon Voyage, so I really have no need to care about this download, but your work is so awesome that I couldn't possibly ignore it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:15 PM
This is so exciting! It sounds like a lot of hard work went into making this. Was just thinking the other day that they missed out on a great opportunity with Bon Voyage to have some cool features like this. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#78 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:36 PM
Much respect for your hard work !!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:55 PM
Grangerpup: I refer to the surfboard GUID in a number of places. I would need to go back and add the checks for a special "child version" surfboard with a different GUID. Also, I made use of the "get on" animation from the exercise machines, which doesn't have an animation for children. (My understanding is that applying Adult animations to children can cause bad stretching.) The spin animation performed when changing clothes is generally okay in most circumstances, but it looks very bad when performed over the water (literally on top of the water's surface). The "get on" animation just seems more reasonable (like the Sims are climbing onto the surfboard) and that's why I chose it. The paddling animation is based upon the jumping jacks animation and probably would not be too hard to do since children do have a similar animation. In addition to making new custom animations, it may be possible that I would need to make adjustments to the slots depending upon the appearance of the positioning of everything. Maybe some day (perhaps sooner if someone made the "get on" animation for me ), but I'm afraid not any time in the near future. Sorry.

cameranutz2, iamsam32, slar, HGoGo, Pixelhate: Thanks.

HGoGo: EA definitely missed out on several opportunities with BV (and other EPs), but I suppose that's why we have a community of creators. :D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#80 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 12:11 AM
Curse you! I so wasn't going to cave and get Bon Voyage. I so wasn't. And then you posted this. And I have to have it. Which means I have to buy Bon Voyage, which I just ordered on Amazon. So Amazon owes you a finder's fee or something. Can't wait to download and try this out. And congrats on the feature. It's sooooooooo well-deserved for all your hard (and, I'm sure, occasionally infuriating) work!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#81 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 2:35 AM
Wow! Totally wow! hang ten! (or whatever the slang is. lol)
Field Researcher
#82 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:52 AM
O my goodness! My Sim actually just surfed!! Amazing work! Qapla!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#83 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:18 AM
A fantastic addition to B.V. and a well deserved feature. I agree with icad a finders fee is due. Great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
It looks like really great and interesting! :-) But i am afraid a bit to use it in the game. I mean about glitches, what maybe make wrong the game's most of parts. I hope that mod won't ruin the game!? So i am curious, i want to try it and use it, but i worry. I have more little modes in my Sims 2, but i am afraid, i am worry a bit more about bigger mods, like this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#85 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:20 PM
As one would guess from my screen name, I am totally STOKED about this mod! Thank you SO much for uploading it! I can't wait to download it and try it out!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#86 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:58 PM
Even though I don't play TS2 anymore, I just wanted to congratulate you on the feature. Well deserved, my friend! Awesome job!!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:07 PM
Thanks everyone. :lovestruc

iCad: I see that my evil, evil plan is working! *rubs hands together*
Seriously though, I do not regret getting BV. I may not send all my Sims on vacations, but I still make use of much of what the EP offers.

he84: I do not know of any glitches this mod could cause. I have done a lot of testing, but I cannot test every possible situation or configuration of game environments. While I don't think there would be anything catastrophic (i.e. ruin the game), I put the warning as a precaution. Aim for success, but still prepare for failure just in case.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:09 PM
This is absolutely fantastic! How do you do it!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:29 PM Last edited by MizzGin03 : 11th Jun 2011 at 9:48 PM.
Absolutely freaking fantastic! My hood is surrounded by beaches and this adds so much more to my gameplay! Thank you so much for this, it's wonderful! And here's a pic of my YA Caleb Henderson testing it out for me (it works wonderfully!)

Field Researcher
#90 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by he84
It looks like really great and interesting! :-) But i am afraid a bit to use it in the game. I mean about glitches, what maybe make wrong the game's most of parts. I hope that mod won't ruin the game!? So i am curious, i want to try it and use it, but i worry. I have more little modes in my Sims 2, but i am afraid, i am worry a bit more about bigger mods, like this.

What you can do is put all of the files into one folder in your downloads folder, run your game, and see if it causes any problems. If it doesn't, then Hang Ten and break out the surfboards! If it does cause problems, simply delete the one folder and your game will be restored!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Forum Resident
#91 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:20 AM
Did you purchase the board from hobbies/excercise and put it in your inventory? That's how it works

Quote: Originally posted by 15pupmaus49
ohh-wow-wow-wow, thanks for creating, but I have probs to play this mod.
Everything is in downloadsfolder, testing in an empty game, when I click at the active sim I can't find anything like "surf", just the normal German pie menu.
Tested it in an own made beach lot and in Twikki Island maxis beach lot.
What I am doing wrong?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
wow this is unreal, thanx ur way cool..
Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:15 PM
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:47 PM
Woooooow! This is TOO awesome! Wonderful job!

I'm super excited about this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:57 AM
This is incredible! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:41 AM
DUUUUDDDDEEE rad i love it being from wilmington NC kure beach!!! not great surfing there but before storms its pretty gnarly!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:21 AM
Thank you the answers! I think the deleting the files from the Downloads folder not really good idea to restore the game, if glitch(es) happened. Because if i save after surfing the game, maybe it's save with a little surfing memories, the surfboard(s) in his/her invertory. If i will try that mod, i will copy save in a new different folder from the C:\Documents and Settings\My username\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder. So i saved in safe the saved games and downloads then. If i have any glitch problems, i can restore with that.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#98 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:56 AM
This is fantastic! Congratulations, you totally deserve this being featured!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:09 PM
Wow! This is AMAZING!! Cannot wait to load the game!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:11 PM
This looks like it took a lot of work! Also love that my sims have something else to do . Thanks a million for sharing this!
Page 4 of 12