Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Test Subject
#126 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM
Aww man, I wish I could find and install my BV EP and get this, I just can't find it!!! D:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:32 PM
Thank you the answers! And how can i put in in their invertory the surfboard? I know how i get it out, but how can i get it in?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:34 AM
he84: Putting objects into the Sim's inventory is similar to taking them out, just in reverse order. While the Inventory panel is selected, use the hand tool to grab the object. The object's picture and name will appear in the Inventory panel. While the hand tool still has the object, you can either click on the Inventory panel (where the object's picture is) or press the "I" key on the computer keyboard.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#129 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:52 AM
This is an amazing mod I love it! I mean they made surfer status in teen stuff and never thought about doing this?! But I do have some comments. I kinda noticed it's kinda strange how they move about in the water and I'm being nit picky i'm sorry. Also are you going to make a memory for surfing? I don't know it just seems the part. Anyways thanks for the amazing surfing ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:14 AM
Ok, thank you! I never tried to put in m invertory items. I will try.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#131 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:54 PM
WOW!!!! WOW!! I love this! My sim loves it. My sim loved it so much he began to show off..lol..I had to force him off the board he didn't want to stop. This is truly awesome and adds so much more game play pleasure. Thank you so much, this is so great!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:22 AM
ouranwannabe: Like I said, the interaction isn't 100% perfect. If you have any technical advice which would improve the mod, please let me know and I will make the changes when I get the chance. I was not planning on making a custom memory for surfing. If I did, it would have to be generic enough to make sense for older Sims who (for story purposes) should have been surfing since they were younger (prior to the mod being finished)...and it would need to trimmed of any cringe-worthy attempts at surfer-speak on my part. Unfortunately, I'm afraid a custom memory is just not a high priority at this point. I have a few other things which need to be addressed first, assuming I survive the workload Real Life is giving me right now. >_<

he84: Good luck.

LilSister: Sims do seem to enjoy surfing, don't they?

Everyone, thank you for the downloads, comments, and Thanks.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#133 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:20 PM
For those without AL, you can stand the board upright on the floor by placing it on a 90° OMSP, then place that on a 'Bay Window' OMSP - this brings the tail of the board up to floor level, and it can be 'leant' against a vertical surface.

Angled OMSP's are at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=317716
and the bay window one at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=240082
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:20 PM
Thanks! I saw this the day it was posted,but didn't think to download it. I figured, the site's going to be down in a few days, so why not?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#135 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:55 AM
Thankyou! This is wonderful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:09 PM
Now this I like. It deserve to be a top feature. Thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:21 PM
OMG ! This is freakin awsome !! Thank you - you rock !
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#138 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:01 AM
thank you! my sims are currently on a vacation and i thought surfing would be fun (and EA was stupid enough to NOT include it with bon vogage, whatever you spell it.) so anyway...thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#139 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:30 AM
This. Is. Fantastic. Even if EA tried this, I'm sure it wouldn't be as well thought out as your creation. And I never knew I needed surfer dudes before I saw this download, and now my sims need a reservation at an island resort stat.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:00 PM
Wow! This is AMAZING! thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#141 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM
This looks brilliant. are the surfboards buyable? I want to put them in a beach shop so my sims can buy them when on their hols and then take them to the beach.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:28 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 30th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM.
kluless: Thanks for tip.

cowboydog: The surfboards can be bought in Buy Mode or from an owned OFB business in which surfboards have been set for sale. (I recommend placing them in the surfboard rack. ) Normal (i.e. unowned) community lots will just treat them as a decorative object. I hope that answers your question.

Thank you, everyone, for the comments, downloads, and Thanks.

Tumblr
Instructor
THANKS POST
#143 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:45 PM
This is amazing!! just what I need for my game. Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 9:22 PM
*astonishment* OMG this is amazing now my sims can go surfing!!! and i can make my sims a room to match their lifestyle of surfing!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 1:07 PM
It sounds great but does not work. I have downloaded it many times but still nothing. I have the objects but when i click on the sim there is no option to surf. My sims are in Polish but I dont think thats the cause of this problem. What should I do??
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 4:00 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 5th Jul 2011 at 4:20 PM.
Hi, OliwiaLuvsSims2.

Is the surfboard in the Sim's inventory? Is the Sim on a beach lot? Is the Sim a Teen or older? Is the Sim pregnant (in the "showing" stages with a visible belly bulge)? Your Sim must not be a robot/Servo and your Sim cannot already be swimming in the ocean or in a pool. If it still does not show up, let me know.

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 10:19 PM
Oh my gosh. I am so dumb... I forgot to put the surfboard into the sims's inventory

P.S. Now that I have tried it, I love it. Its soo cool. xDDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM
Incredible! Never knew this is was possible
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:29 PM
When I first played Bon Voyage, I thought that there was something missing... sufing!!!
Thak you so much for adding this logically Twikii Island interaction to the game!!!
Test Subject
#150 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM
This is awesome, thanks so much for this!! I also wanted to say that when my sims are surfing I can't actually see any waves, they just kinda surf (or wipe out) over flat water. everything still works fine, I just thought you might want to know...
Page 6 of 12