Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#28901 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Line 0x0022 Sale Price, which is not the actual in game price of an object. But if set to decimal 35 or hex 0x0023 works.

@HugeLunatic Apparently, I have the version of SimPE of where this line has been changed to "ignore quarter tile placement" that Chris mentioned earlier in this thread (found it through Google). So that's why I couldn't find that line so easily at first.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28902 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Apparently, I have the version of SimPE of where this line has been changed to "ignore quarter tile placement" that Chris mentioned earlier in this thread (found it through Google). So that's why I couldn't find that line so easily at first.

Ah! Yea I don't use the newer version as he took out some arrows in the file table, which are needed to reorder the file table. But he did mention in a discussion somewhere, that it was a bit flag(??) basically on or off.
Mad Poster
#28903 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 7:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Dec 2021 at 10:47 PM.
^ Is that the 0.75.69 version? Haven't tried that one yet, but it seems to have quite a bit of CH's tinkering here and there, from what people are saying. Wish there was a list of what's been changed.

I'm still on the 0.75f version, it seems to work much like the 0.73 version, but with slightly better UC compatibility for the filepaths (I had a lot of issues getting the 0.73 to work, otherwise I'd probably be using that one still).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28904 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 7:44 PM
Probably is the .69 version as that was his last update. I still use .73 because it just works. I had no issues with the file paths and UC. Sometimes I use .75 or .68 when I have issues with bcon/trcon resources.
Lab Assistant
#28905 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 7:54 PM
My sim died with gold aspiration, but only has the grey gravestone, not the gold/white one.
Why is that?
Mad Poster
#28906 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 8:08 PM
Because platinum gravestones are for sims who die of old age in platinum aspiration.
Alchemist
#28907 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Probably is the .69 version as that was his last update.

Yes, I have that version with the 'Ignore 1/4 tile placement' line. Changing the value to 0 is working to enable quarter-tiling, and I've seen a number of other values which work as well - probably anything other than 1.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#28908 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
YAs can't get married without a mod, but Ask/back to my place is definitely an option for them normally.

I knew they couldn't marry, he should have been able to propose engagement, and "ask to my place". .. I thought. I know is she moves in she automatically grows up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28909 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:36 AM
If those options don't appear they don't have a high enough relationship.
Inventor
#28910 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 1:21 PM
Is there a tool where I can regategorize object catalogues without opening each file in SimPE individually?
Mad Poster
#28911 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:16 PM
There is... But, SimPE is the best.
The other one is Sims2Categorizer by SimWardrobe/Palladin.
HOWEVER - it changes the package, and adds wording (edited by Sims2Categorizer) and things are NOT SAFE to compressorize if they've been changed by that program.
Just stick with SimPE

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28912 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If those options don't appear they don't have a high enough relationship.

Don't know what the problem was, but it was not that.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#28913 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 1:10 AM
Hmm, is anyone thinking about entering the contest? Just curious.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#28914 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight

Which contest?

Yes, I realize mine is a stupid question.
I have bookmarked MTS bookmarks, I never enter thru the main page, so if there is something going on I don't notice it at all.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28915 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:35 AM

I would have entered if it was a house or business building contest, but I don't have a clue where to start as regards building lots for an Olympic city!
Mad Poster
#28916 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 3:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Dec 2021 at 10:04 PM.
A building contest of that scale sounds like too much work, as I prefer smaller locations and more sim-centered stories for contests. I don't watch the olympic games, so wouldn't have much inspiration anyway. But it's probably going to be fun for those who love to build.

(Also, this time of year is big-time busy, and I still have some game stuff to sort out - have to get on with that as soon as I get some other stuff done... I don't even know when I'll have time to do some ingame stuff I've been half-planning for several months).
Mad Poster
#28917 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Which contest?

Yes, I realize mine is a stupid question.
I have bookmarked MTS bookmarks, I never enter thru the main page, so if there is something going on I don't notice it at all.

Zarathustra is running an Olympic Games Contest here. It's for Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 players. I've had a look at it, but it's clearly well beyond my pay grade. The structure for the Olympic Flame / Cauldron has to be at least four storeys high!

One oddity I have noticed: Maybe the rules have changed, but for an MTS contest to start, a mod used to have to come and (metaphorically) fire the starting pistol. That doesn't seem to have happened yet,

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28918 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
One oddity I have noticed: Maybe the rules have changed, but for an MTS contest to start, a mod used to have to come and (metaphorically) fire the starting pistol. That doesn't seem to have happened yet,

Dunno if this counts:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=662751
Inventor
#28919 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
There is... But, SimPE is the best.
The other one is Sims2Categorizer by SimWardrobe/Palladin.
HOWEVER - it changes the package, and adds wording (edited by Sims2Categorizer) and things are NOT SAFE to compressorize if they've been changed by that program.
Just stick with SimPE

@CatherineTCJD thanks for the tip. Do you know if the source code of Sims2Categorizer was released?
Mad Poster
#28920 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:33 PM
@CatherineTCJD thanks for the tip. Do you know if the source code of Sims2Categorizer was released?

I have no idea! It's an ancient program - I don't have the link to it anymore.
I used to use it a LOT - but then I compressorized everything, and started to have major problems. (Like, back in 2008!)
So, I reDLed everything, repriced/recatted in SimPE, and those problems went away. *shrug*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28921 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Dunno if this counts:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=662751
It probably does.

The mods used to post in the contest thread like this one. Then you had to wait for the contest host to check in. I'm sure I'm just being a pedant though. Probably the result of hanging out too much with pedantic Knowledge Sims like Julian and Andrew!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28922 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 6:59 PM

As far as I can tell, James didn't publicly release source code. You can still see the download page on the wayback machine, under Sims 2 Programs.
https://web.archive.org/web/2012122...imwardrobe.com/
Mad Poster
#28923 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 6th Dec 2021 at 7:29 PM.

I am entering the contest
Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Enough choices there, I will be able to use all of the ones I plan to build in my hood.

Now I just have to come up with the cultural/national theme thingy - but my empty lot for the application round is waiting
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28924 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 8:07 PM
Ooh great @JustPetro - I'll be watching for sure! Still looking on the internet for inspiration for the contest, if I think of anything I'll try to give it a bash, as I've been missing the competitions here!
Mad Poster
#28925 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:03 PM
I'm missing the contests here too - they were are a lot of fun!
But at this time of year... I just can't get involved in anything - far too busy!
However, I'll be watching!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 1157 of 1339