Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod - Updated For Island Paradise/Patch 1.55

by aikea guinea Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 8:53 AM - Updated 28th Oct 2013 at 7:08 PM by aikea guinea : EP update

249 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:24 PM
I get video game-induced motion sickness, too. TS3 camera was just shy of setting it off, but was annoying for other reasons. Thanks a mil. I've heard good reviews but kept forgetting to get over to GoS.
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
I felt exactly the same way as you ! I've tried to make a little movie and the camera just made me almost crazy ...... THANK you very very much for this!!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
Thank you so much, the camera drift has been driving me insane.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:24 PM
Thank you so much. The camera was so annoying.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:25 AM
I have come to realize that without this community, I don't think I would ever be able to stand playing any Sims games

Thank you SO much!
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
Thank you for the update. I have it since it was posted at Gos, it's soooo handy! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:14 PM
Very awesome, I also hated when it started drifting >< couldnt make any good videos thnx so much
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
i thought i already posted a thank you but i didnt, so thank you, i didnt think i would be using this AT ALL, so wrong, i love the shots still and moving that i got with this
Theorist
#59 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:41 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Now I just need the TS3 version of Clean Installer and I'll be happy.
Scholar
#60 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:19 PM
The longer I play TS3, the more I learn to appreciate your mod.....I'm grateful...thank you for sharing it!
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:36 AM
Default Question
This is a great, great mod! Works perfectly. I wonder, would it be possible to remove the bounce from the higher levels as well?

I don't understand what the bounce is really useful for. It makes it very difficult to do anything. What is it that causes the bounce, anyway? Is it even possible to remove the upper level bounce without running into problems?

I'd be most appreciative for a little information on your awesome mod's concept.
Many thanks.
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:54 AM
I cant get it to work i did everything the install instructions said but no luck i still have the same camera view and yes i did overwrite the other file and i really wanted this to work but it wont for me is there anything i might have done wrong??Please Help!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:02 AM
This was one of the number one things I was missing. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Opium_Girl
This is a great, great mod! Works perfectly. I wonder, would it be possible to remove the bounce from the higher levels as well?

I don't understand what the bounce is really useful for. It makes it very difficult to do anything. What is it that causes the bounce, anyway? Is it even possible to remove the upper level bounce without running into problems?

I'd be most appreciative for a little information on your awesome mod's concept.
Many thanks.

If I'm thinking of the same 'bounce' you are, it's related to the ground level and annoys me as well. Not sure if it can be fixed.

Quote: Originally posted by momof206
I cant get it to work i did everything the install instructions said but no luck i still have the same camera view and yes i did overwrite the other file and i really wanted this to work but it wont for me is there anything i might have done wrong??Please Help!!

It only works for 'free cam' mode, not the standard game camera. You access that with the tab key. If that's not the problem, I can't help.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
Thank You
It Was That Lol Sorry I Figured It Out Thank You It Works Great =)
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:13 AM
Default OMG, I love you.
Thank you, Aikea, I'm getting the whoopsies from the camera and I've only played about 15 minutes!

Truly appreciated.
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:59 PM
I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who became physically ill due to the camera motions in TS3. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 1:57 AM
Thank you sooo much!!!! I couldn't play the game after eating because the drifts made me nausous! I'd keep forcing the camera thinking it would give in... lol

Thanks Again!

Origin id: Navikats
Test Subject
#69 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
It only works for 'free cam' mode, not the standard game camera. You access that with the tab key. If that's not the problem, I can't help.

Love the mod, thanks so much...

Have one small issue, if I alt-tab out and then back into the game, the cam locks into standard mode and the "tab" key will not bring free cam mode back up. If I exit out to edit town and then back in it will work again but any alt tabbing messes it up. A very small issue, but just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed or experienced this problem.

Thanks again for this excellent mod. I am stunned at some of the basic functionality left out of the game.
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:41 AM
Very helpful! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:52 AM
I just started playing this and i could not get over how bad camera angles are, I mean it was annoying.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by huntgod
Love the mod, thanks so much...

Have one small issue, if I alt-tab out and then back into the game, the cam locks into standard mode and the "tab" key will not bring free cam mode back up. If I exit out to edit town and then back in it will work again but any alt tabbing messes it up. A very small issue, but just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed or experienced this problem.

Thanks again for this excellent mod. I am stunned at some of the basic functionality left out of the game.

Hmmm... I just tested this myself and didn't have any trouble re-accessing the free-cam mode. (Actually, I've been alt-tabbing in and out of the game most of the night without issue.) Does it still do that if you remove the mod?

I can see how that would be annoying; sorry it's happening!

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:40 PM
Hmm, I think the issue was with awesomemod, when I removed it, the problem seems to have gone away.

Thanks again for the great mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
thanks a bunches for that! i just got the game and was also pretty annoyed...
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:47 PM
Thankyou! I also detested that drifting.
Page 3 of 10