Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newborns Get Zodiac Signs that Match the Current Season

by Sims MX Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 7:14 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM by Sims MX

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:11 PM
wow great mod ^-^ i never really understood the point of the zodiac signs when they didnt coordinate with the months or whatever. so yayyyy thank you :D:D:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 1:46 AM
this is cool and i have been waiting for something like it theres only one problem i see gemini ends on the last day of spring first day of summer june 21 i was born june 20th lol so i know this other than that thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 2:06 AM
Thank you soo much. <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 8:09 AM
I really appreciate mods that puts realism into the game. Thank you for your awesome work, MX! Your mod had right what EA messes up - Another thumbs up for the southern flavor, I now can have that as well when I decided to move to Pounawea ^^

- as for the debate that I see here, imho, who cares if I'm a virgo born on summer and suddenly finds out in the game that my zodiac falls on fall. lol. That doesn't change IRL that I was born in summer. EA already bug us a lot with the random zodiac birth. A little offset from the two flavor up here doesn't hurt and if you're not happy with either flavors, stick to EA hehe.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#55 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:25 AM
I was hoping for an update to the twins but never thought of this. So innovative, thanks! My boyfriend is quite interested in the Zodiac though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 4:44 PM
Thanks, it's impossible to be Aries if you've born in winter.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 5:17 PM Last edited by awsomegirl : 12th Dec 2012 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mizar
Thanks, it's impossible to be Aries if you've born in winter.
Ah bless you, that's what we've been saying. Aries 'is' in the spring. Are you from northern hemisphere too?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 5:55 PM
This is so great! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 6:13 PM
Omg this is GENIUS~! :lovestruc
Why EA didn't think of this themselves, I'll never know.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
@JT` Thank you, I've updated the ITUN resources. As I do not use teen/elder pregnancy, I never imagined that situation.

Thanks, that's super helpful!

Also, as a Virgo born in mid-September, I very much appreciate the way you assigned the signs to the seasons. My birthday may come before the fall equinox, but I have never thought of it as occurring at any time other than fall.
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 8:29 AM
Loooooooove it! This is one of those things that should have come in the EP itself.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#62 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:14 AM
At twins or more, Some Zodiac for Twins and Triplets will zodiac one sign...
I testing and works with here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=476808
it is from cherry92
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:36 PM
@Nepomuki It's an updated version of Cherry92's. Read the overview carefully.
Inventor
#64 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:43 PM
@awsomegirl ooops, I haven't read, sorry
First time now
Inventor
THANKS POST
#65 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:04 PM
Well, I am testing with twallan's more then 8 sims and cmar's Pregnancy Progress Controller
and I know what this mod is do...
but forgot thats an Update
But works without conflicks, too .. haha
:*
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#66 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:05 PM
Thanks for this, and thanks for including the Southern Hemisphere version.

I was interested to read the comments about which signs are in which month - I've never really understood the division of seasons so that midsummer is the beginning of summer and spring equinox is the beginning of spring - aren't they supposed to be the middle? Here my birthday at the beginning of August is still winter, but by my Dad's birthday three weeks later (and so in Virgo) it's definitely spring.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 4:35 PM
I love the people whining about the signs being in the 'wrong' season.
Seriously? Do y'all have nothing else to whine about?
Seasons are not exact - not from year to year and not from place to place. The seasons had to be broken down in groups of 4 - the mod creator did a great job.
Stop your whining! :o
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:19 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but the OP mentions that the mod uses the days passed in a particular season - it'll still work if you adjust the season lengths, right?
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:41 PM
Sure! Suppose you have summer set to last 24 days. If a newborn is born in one of the first 8 days of summer, it's zodiac sign will be Gemini. If they are born after the 8th day, but before the 17th day, the zodiac sign will be Cancer. Afterwards, it will be Leo. The mod divides each season's length by three and associates one zodiac sign to each third, so it will work even if you adjusted the length of your seasons. However, if you disabled one season, you won't get the zodiac signs associated with that season. It works best if all of your seasons are enabled and have the same length, since the zodiac signs will have an uniform distribution.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:02 PM
Yay! Finally someone who gives a .... about zodiac signs! Hahaha thank you!
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:45 PM
@KittyCarey you must be from southern hemisphere, the debate is on summer and fall for Virgo- Northern hemisphere!

@PDXWinn Of course the modder has done an absolutely perfect job, Well, not sure I call it whining
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
Sure! Suppose you have summer set to last 24 days. If a newborn is born in one of the first 8 days of summer, it's zodiac sign will be Gemini. If they are born after the 8th day, but before the 17th day, the zodiac sign will be Cancer. Afterwards, it will be Leo. The mod divides each season's length by three and associates one zodiac sign to each third, so it will work even if you adjusted the length of your seasons. However, if you disabled one season, you won't get the zodiac signs associated with that season. It works best if all of your seasons are enabled and have the same length, since the zodiac signs will have an uniform distribution.

I shall build you a statue of honor

★ my s i m b l r
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awsomegirl
Ah bless you, that's what we've been saying. Aries 'is' in the spring. Are you from northern hemisphere too?

Yes. From Spain. Southern Europe, Northern hemisphere. For me, Aries is in the spring, Leo in summer, Libra in autumn and Aquarius in winter. Any other thing....

Regards and happy holidays!!
Field Researcher
#74 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:31 PM Last edited by JT` : 14th Dec 2012 at 6:52 PM.
Reading this whole thread is making me laugh: are people really so concerned about this, given that for all this time EA has been assigning you a totally random birth sign regardless of birthdate? All I gotta say is people need to count their blessings: what we've got is light years ahead of what we had. ;-)

It's a game -- and thus an amount of magic realism can be assumed -- and Sims_MX has explained his reasons for doing it. Not to mention that you can't really tie zodiacs to specific dates when considering The Sims 3 because The Sims 3 doesn't have specific dates: it has seasons, which are indistinct and loosely defined in real life when you consider the weather instead of simply the vernal equinoxes (the weather on the first day of fall is a lot like the weather on the last day of summer). Remembering that The Sims 3 simulates weather only (to the extent that anniversary-style holidays in reality occur on random dates in the game), is this really that much of a stretch?

I have conceived of a method that people might be willing to accept, though:

1) A tuning file contains the list of twelve birth signs.
2) The user specifies the "minimum" range out of the year needed to acquire that birth sign.
3) If there are no birth signs that match the current minimum range out of the year, it begins checking for the birth signs that would occur at the end of the "last" year instead.

For example, here's a Ptolemaic tune:

Aries: 0.000
Taurus: 0.333
Gemini: 0.667
Cancer: 1.000
Leo: 1.333
Virgo: 1.667
Libra: 2.000
Scorpio: 2.333
Sagittarius: 2.667
Capricorn: 3.000
Aquarius: 3.333
Pisces: 3.667

And here's a Sidereal tune:

Aries: 0.300
Taurus: 0.633
Gemini: 0.967
Cancer: 1.300
Leo: 1.633
Virgo: 1.967
Libra: 2.300
Scorpio: 2.633
Sagittarius: 2.967
Capricorn: 3.300
Aquarius: 3.633
Pisces: 3.967

The whole numbers correspond to the seasons, with 0 being spring, 1 being summer, 2 being autumn, and 3 being winter. If it hits 4, it wraps over to spring, and applies until the lowest-numbered sign takes over.

Sims_MX would then simply calculate your range through your current season and convert it to a number from 0-4, and reference it against the table to find your current sign. If the number is less than the lowest-numbered sign, it is checked against the highest-numbered sign minus 4.

Example: We are using the Sidereal tuning and the baby was born 25% of the way through the spring. This translates to 0.250. The system checks the table and finds that none of the signs have a "minimum" less than this date, so instead it checks the highest-numbered signs: it subtracts 4 from Pisces, set to 3.967, to find that it starts at -0.033, and thus the person is a Pisces.

A southern hemisphere tune would simply adjust the order of the signs by offsetting their numbers by 2, wrapping from 4 to 0. It would otherwise work out of the box!
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 7:51 PM Last edited by awsomegirl : 15th Dec 2012 at 7:17 PM.
@Mizar Yup, the same for us and happy holidays to you too!
@JT' It's such a brilliant idea! I'd be far more than grateful if Sims MX does this!
Page 3 of 8