Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outdoor Retreat Insect Spawners Unlocked

by Menaceman44 Posted 26th Jul 2016 at 8:42 PM - Updated 9th Jan 2022 at 3:32 PM by Menaceman44 : Updated Files

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 10:03 PM
thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:15 PM
I had your insect mod in game and recently deleted it because they spawn in the wrong places.
But after deleting the mod the insects still spawn around on my lot.
So I did as you wrote in your info by trying to grab them when spawning and delete them.
But this methode does not work. They keep coming back.
Then I used the sledge hammer on them as you wrote which also does not help. They keep coming back!

If you have another tip how to get rid of them PLEASE let me know! Thanks.

~ Happy New Year! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:21 PM
The only other thing I can think to suggest at the moment would be to upload your Lot to the Gallery which should remove the spawners from it completely as they don't save to the Gallery.
Then buldoze the Lot in your game and replace it with the version from the Gallery which should be spawner free.
Sorry that my mod has caused this issue in your game. I did test it quite a bit before uploading and I never came across this.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The only other thing I can think to suggest at the moment would be to upload your Lot to the Gallery which should remove the spawners from it completely as they don't save to the Gallery.
Then buldoze the Lot in your game and replace it with the version from the Gallery which should be spawner free.
Sorry that my mod has caused this issue in your game. I did test it quite a bit before uploading and I never came across this.

Oh dear! Don't worry It may have worked when you created it but remember all the patches 'n new packs since which probably messed up something.

Yes, I thought of buldozing the lot also, but wanted to wait and ask you first. I hate to upload and re-download my lots because then I have to fix all the electronic stuff again like stove, radios, sinks, showers, toiletes, comps etc. grrrrr

P.S. I read somewhere in a sims 3 thread where ppl had the same problem with insects still spawning after deleting the mod, that buldozing the lot would not help because spawners would be inside/ lower ground etc.

I just hope that doesn't count for sims 4 with your mod. I know sometimes insects can be like weed. ( never get rid of them )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:54 PM
Just to let you know that saving the house to the gallery and adding it to another lot has removed the spawners on my house.
Not a very convenient way to get rid of leftovers from mods, because once uploaded the house to the gallery and re-downloaded you have to enhance ALL the electronic and sanitary objects again. Very time consuming, but at least it helped.
I don't know about the previous lot since I only buldozed it and didn't place a new house on it yet.
So not sure if these insect spawners there are really gone or survived.
Will let you know...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:43 PM
I just did some more testing of my own and it would appear that grabbing the insects and deleting them is no longer a usable method to delete the spawners. The method of dragging the sledgehammer tool over the area, after clicking on an object, does still seem to work though so I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.
You did make sure to start dragging from an existing object that you could click on, yes?

Instructor
#32 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:31 PM
I just did some more testing of my own and it would appear that grabbing the insects and deleting them is no longer a usable method to delete the spawners. The method of dragging the sledgehammer tool over the area, after clicking on an object, does still seem to work though so I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.
You did make sure to start dragging from an existing object that you could click on, yes?

Yes sure! But since either one method did not work for me (no clue why not) is why I placed my house on the different lot and moved away from the insect invasion
Wish I wouldn't have to because of doing all the mechanic upgrades again, but hey!, using mods is all on the player's risk so no worries
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:01 AM
Spawner Did Not Spawn Any Insects!
Quote: Originally posted by Bruxinha18
I don't know why but it's not working for me. I placed the spawners in my garden, but I have been playing for days and not a single insect appeared.
I see no one is complaining so I really don't know why it doesn't work. But good job anyway =) It's a fantastic mod that helps a lot!

Thanks for your mod. But it seems none of the spawners spawn any insects on my residential or community(park) lots. I was there 5-6 Sim days and nothing. If you can tell me why your mod did not work for me, i appreciate it.

I have TS4 v1.20.60.1020; Expansion Pks and Stuff Pks are as follow:
- Holiday Celebration Pack
- Spa Day DLC (Game Pack)
- Outdoor Retreat DLC (Game Pack)
- Luxury Party Stuff Pack
- Perfect Patio Stuff Pack
- Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack
- Spooky Stuff Pack
- Movie Hangout Stuff Pack
- Romantic Garden Stuffpack
- Kids Room Stuffpack
- Dine Out (Game Pack)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:46 PM
Yay! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:14 PM
Thank you for this! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:30 AM
I adore this mod, being able to pretty things up with insects is amazing. I have a Silly Question though: since the spawners don't carry over to lots uploaded to the gallery, what about lots saved to tray and uploaded here to MTS? Will the spawners still be in the lot then?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alrunia
I adore this mod, being able to pretty things up with insects is amazing. I have a Silly Question though: since the spawners don't carry over to lots uploaded to the gallery, what about lots saved to tray and uploaded here to MTS? Will the spawners still be in the lot then?

I'm honestly not sure. I know the Gallery actively strips out debug items used on Lots and this counts as a debug object but I don't know how the tray treats them. I suppose you could save one to your own tray, remove the mod then place the Lot in a new Save and see if they still show up then?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:55 PM
Thank you do much for this! Is it possible to have this work indoors? I'm making a witches/fantasy house and I would love to have to have random butterflies/wil-o-whisps and others just flying around =P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:08 PM
You may be better off using coolspear1's version of these spawners as he has unlocked the indiviual insects and they CAN be placed indoors without cheats.
He also includes a mod that stops them from vanishing (unless you capture or delete them) and so would be better for decorative use.
You can download it here> http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...oor-retreat-gp/
You will need to be registered to download from there though. (It's totally worth it)

Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:48 PM
You may be better off using coolspear1's version of these spawners as he has unlocked the indiviual insects and they CAN be placed indoors without cheats.
He also includes a mod that stops them from vanishing (unless you capture or delete them) and so would be better for decorative use.
You can download it here> http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...oor-retreat-gp/
You will need to be registered to download from there though. (It's totally worth it)

Thank you so much!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:48 PM
Just to want to check I understand how this mod works. The spawners make the insects appear forever, correct? And the insects are catchable? I don't mind if I can't place the spawners indoors. I also wanted to check that this mod is up to date for Cats and Dogs?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:22 PM
The insects do not appear forever, no. They work exaclty like the ones in Granite Falls so the insects will disappear after a set time. Once they are gone though, new ones will spawn in their place. Unless that's what you meant by staying forever? The insects CAN be caught.
As far as I know this is still functioning with Cats and Dogs as all this mod does is unlock them for use. I haven't altered any code. Nobody has reported otherwise and I haven't noticed any oddities in my own game.

Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:41 PM
The insects do not appear forever, no. They work exaclty like the ones in Granite Falls so the insects will disappear after a set time. Once they are gone though, new ones will spawn in their place. Unless that's what you meant by staying forever? The insects CAN be caught.
As far as I know this is still functioning with Cats and Dogs as all this mod does is unlock them for use. I haven't altered any code. Nobody has reported otherwise and I haven't noticed any oddities in my own game.

Thanks very much, yeah that's what I mean, so long as they eventually reappear then that's no problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:23 AM
This is my favorite mod. They make my lot creations come to life. Thank you so much.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:26 PM
No update required for the 1.40 Jungle Adventure patch.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:02 PM
Yipeeeayeeah! I was sooo glad you did that Mod, and it works perfectly with all my other thousands of Mods: Thank you!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#47 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 8:58 PM
Annnnd I'm just finding this awesome mod!! Thanks for making and updating this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:27 AM
Dito!!! But: Does this Mod work with the latest November Patch? Would b great. I'd love to DL. Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by helene912
Dito!!! But: Does this Mod work with the latest November Patch? Would b great. I'd love to DL. Thanx!

I would also like to know that
Instructor
#50 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by helene912

Me, too
Page 2 of 4