Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outdoor Retreat Insect Spawners Unlocked

by Menaceman44 Posted 26th Jul 2016 at 8:42 PM - Updated 9th Jan 2022 at 3:32 PM by Menaceman44 : Updated Files

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 7:08 PM
They work fine with the 1.47 update.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 8:43 AM
Thank you, Menaceman44! :DDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:23 PM
Favorite mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 10:12 PM
Do you have to manually place these in the game or do they spawn on there own?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solikepink
Do you have to manually place these in the game or do they spawn on there own?

You have to manually place them yourself. The only world these insects spawn on their own is in Granite Falls. They must be placed within Lot boundaries as well as there is no way to place them off-Lot.

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 10:22 PM
Is it still working with game version 1.52.100.1020?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 5:02 PM
I can confirm that these spawners are still working properly after the Island Living update. They should continue to function after the upcoming patch on Tuesday as well.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 11:36 AM
@Menaceman44
Nice to see you on here as well man
this is awesome work I love it thanks a lot :3
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 5:33 AM
I created for my own use a variation of your mod where the spawners are always visible and replaced by signs, similar to the fishing sign but using your insect icons. It's both useful for those that want to delete placed spawners and for people like me who like to see every spawn point while playing.

You can find it attached to this post; should you wish to distribute it, be my guest.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MMorUnlockedSpawners_Signs.zip (655.2 KB, 190 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:42 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:42 AM
Thanks from Brazil! (=^_^=)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:03 PM
These are outstanding! I missed being able to place spawners on my Sims lots. I'm choosing the visible in build mode only file. Bravo!
Test Subject
#63 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 11:41 AM
I downloaded the "Unlocked spawners available as signs visible only in Build mode." but the signs are visible in play mode as well as in build mode. my game version is 1.75.125.1030.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missAmunet
I downloaded the "Unlocked spawners available as signs visible only in Build mode." but the signs are visible in play mode as well as in build mode. my game version is 1.75.125.1030.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version? I just redownloaded the file again and they hide in Live mode just like they should.

Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are you sure you downloaded the correct version? I just redownloaded the file again and they hide in Live mode just like they should.

I think i did, i downloaded the " MMorUnlockedSpawnersAsSigns.zip | Unlocked spawners available as signs visible only in Build mode."
am i doing something wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missAmunet
I think i did, i downloaded the " MMorUnlockedSpawnersAsSigns.zip | Unlocked spawners available as signs visible only in Build mode."
am i doing something wrong?

That's the correct file to have them hidden in Live mode. Try deleting the one you have and download a fresh version. I would also recommend deleting your LocalThumbCache.package file in The Sims 4 documents folder.

Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 9:24 PM
That's the correct file to have them hidden in Live mode. Try deleting the one you have and download a fresh version. I would also recommend deleting your LocalThumbCache.package file in The Sims 4 documents folder.

Tried them and it didn't help :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure what to suggest then as nobody else has reported the issue and I can't replicate it.

Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 8:06 AM
I'm not sure what to suggest then as nobody else has reported the issue and I can't replicate it.

Oh well, I'll place the sings inside the bushes so i can't see them. it's unfortunate that it doesn't work for me but you created something great so thank you anyway
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 5:37 AM
It's wonderful that insects can be placed in all worlds!!
Thank you for sharing. I'm really enjoying this mod.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 4:35 AM
Spawners-as-signs is an awesome design pattern! Much better than the ones that turn invisible after placement and prevent you from moving them.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 6:46 PM
Thank u so much for this awesome mod! <3
I translated it to portuguese/português!
I would be happy if you could add it =D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MMorUnlockedSpawnersAsSigns.rar (463.4 KB, 2 downloads)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceunon20
Thank u so much for this awesome mod! <3
I translated it to portuguese/português!
I would be happy if you could add it =D

Sorry it took me so long but I have finally added your translation to all three versions of the mod and updated the first post. Thanks.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:29 AM
Any chance the bushes with the wild berries has been unlocked somewhere too? I have searched but not found such mod
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vidde
Any chance the bushes with the wild berries has been unlocked somewhere too? I have searched but not found such mod

Which bushes are those? It's been a VERY long time since I've actually sat down and properly played the game.

Page 3 of 4