Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 10:09 PM Last edited by acquarius74 : 4th Nov 2022 at 9:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Maxis diagonal and octagonal wall icons: NO PIC!!!
Hello people!
has anyone ever seen such a thing?

Diagonal and octagonal walls are working but cost 0 and with no thumb... how can i fix it? Any suggestion?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 2:14 PM
Have you tried the obvious - removing your downloads and seeing if it corrects itself?

There are some mods that add walls, halfwalls, and similar. If not installed properly, I don't doubt these can cause similar issues, especially if you install houses using those custom walls/etc. without having the proper files for it,
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 4:21 PM
As simmmer22 said, I would guess you have walls that are missing their script. That can cause these blank thumbnails.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the obvious - removing your downloads and seeing if it corrects itself?

There are some mods that add walls, halfwalls, and similar. If not installed properly, I don't doubt these can cause similar issues, especially if you install houses using those custom walls/etc. without having the proper files for it,

I tried right now, but unluckily it didn't work... :'(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 6:27 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It looks like you may have tried to edit your walls.txt in game files. Do you have a backup? Those two are Maxis walls I believe.

Yes, they are diagonal and octagonal default walls, so i thought that maybe the walls.txt file in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mr DJ\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts was uncomplete. I downloaded the package BACKUP_RestoreMaxisWalls-Only.zip found here: https://modthesims.info/d/59793/cus...-amp-index.html, and i compared the file in package with mine. They are identical. I attached it for any check.

Could it be a problem with a collection package of some expansion?
I didn't found something similar to this bug in the web until now... i have no idea of what can be happen.

These are the Build Sets i have in my Downloads folder, if it can be useful to understand...
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  walls.txt (6.7 KB, 0 downloads)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:43 PM
^ Have you checked in the same location for the EP folders? The "walls" script files there could have issues (and they don't seem to have the same text as the backup file, so instead check if they've been changed at an odd date compared to the other files in the same folders).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 9:07 PM
^ Have you checked in the same location for the EP folders? The "walls" script files there could have issues (and they don't seem to have the same text as the backup file, so instead check if they've been changed at an odd date compared to the other files in the same folders).

Yes, the only walls.txt with a different date is in the Mansion & Garden Stuff Scripts folder. It's happened that i had problems with the Scriptorium, it didn't work, so i did what suggested in the last post here: https://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5106185, but it didn't work. I put everything back as before. When i uninstalled and reinstalled the Scriptorium with the Radiance 2.4 it worked, without the Radiance didn't, i don't know why. I attached the file in the Mansion and Garden Stuff folder.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  walls.txt (6.7 KB, 3 downloads)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 9:32 PM
Not entirely sure which files they mean you should put in that folder, though.

Your file looks like a copy of the BG version. My M&G file looks different. Here's mine (for the UC) - at least you can try resetting it:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  walls.txt (4.7 KB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 9:48 PM
Not entirely sure which files they mean you should put in that folder, though.

Your file looks like a copy of the BG version. My M&G file looks different. Here's mine (for the UC) - at least you can try resetting it:

You're a genius...

Bug solved!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Screenshots